2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• One thought always crosses my mind when I see her: she must be the daughter of Hagrid :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Różycka... :down: :wall: China won 3:1. But Poland showed a good game today, especially Medynska and Sieczka made a good impression. Our MB were just useless today.

• Kosek ! :aww: What a silly mistake at the end of the match. However, I must say Poland perfomed very well especially in 3rd and 4th sets. Kinga-Evelina duo worked quite well and the new libero seems a good digger. I think using her as a receiving substution for Kinga would make more sence because Poland has a good libero,Maj, already.

Italy-Turkey will be an interesting match tomorrow. I haven't decided yet going to final round is good or not but some of our players need some playing time so it can be nice for our team..

• :lol: :lol:

Różycka... :down: :wall: China won 3:1. But Poland showed a good game today, especially Medynska and Sieczka made a good impression. Our MB were just useless today.

as always, Kosek turned up and ruined up poland's hard work again...
    she must have taken bribes from China.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Poland had the chance to take the match further but unfortunately they gave it away with two unforced errors :S But still it might have been their best performance in WGP so far...

Race for the final round is still wide open :white: China, Serbia, Brazil and USA should be safe beside Japan, but for the last place there are Italy, Turkey, Bulgaria and maybe even Russia. I totally suck at anything concerning mathematics so I leave it to other people to go through all possibilities but ITA-TUR and BUL-USA will be the key matches tomorrow...probably the winner of ITA-TUR will be the last team to qualify but I think it also depends if it's a 2 or 3 point win...

• Going into tomorrow's matches the battle for the Final 5 positions is as follows

China -23 points - Qualified, A win over Serbia guarantees 1st place through the World Pool Rounds

Serbia -22 points - Qualified, A 3 or 4 set win over China guarantees 1st place through the World Pool Rounds

USA - 20 points, A win and they are in, a 5 set loss should get them in on points ratio (which is already better than the teams below them, other than Italy)

Brazil - 20 points, A win and they are in, a 5 set loss should get them in on points ratio (which is already better than the teams below them, worse than USA and Italy though)

Italy - 19 points, A 3 or 4 set win guarantees they are in, a 5 set win would get them in if USA and Brazil lose in 3 or 4 or if they lose in 5 (points ratio is better for Italy), 5 set loss means that Bulgaria must lose

Turkey - 18 points, A 3 or 4 set win all but guarantees they are in (unless Bulgaria dominates USA), a 5 set win does not help due to points ratios with other teams, a loss and they are out

Bulgaria - 18 points, A 3 or 4 set win all but guarantees they are in , a 5 set win does not help due to points ratios with other teams, a loss and they are out

Japan - 17 points, will qualify as hosts, so I am not doing the calculations for them

Russia - 17 points, A 3 or 4 set win with Italy-Turkey going 5 sets, Brazil, Japan and Bulgaria losing in 3 or 4 sets, and then pray on the points ratio

• congratulations to Kazakhstan for their first win in the tournament...
    they are the hardest players interested in running circles to celebrate point won...

to be me...

• then, if we evaluate the opponents, Brazil probably will easily qualify together with China, Serbia, Japan...
    Russia may not win back too much ratio-disadvantage from Thailand, so Russia probably have lowest chance to get into the finals
    then the last 2 spots will be decided by Turkey vs Italy, United States vs Bulgaria

to be me...

• Poland is so Germany...they fight a lot, but in the end they do such a stupid mistake

• Japan is not deserving to be in the final 6. losing in the last two matches showed how weak the team is.

----

i am rooting for Russia :obey: to qualify but it's like kissing the moon.

I think its impossible for Russia to qualify.

• I think its impossible for Russia to qualify.

Yes, looking at the ranking it is impossible. The best they can get is 20 points and 24-12 sets. If Italy wins, they'll have at least 21 points. If Turkey wins 3:2, they'll have 20 points, but 24-11 sets, so they'll still be ahead of Russia.
    Their only chance is Brazil losing 0:3 against Kazakhstan, but that definitely won't happen!

• 1st place in the preliminaries has no meaning right? So china Serbia is totally indifferent game Am i wrong?

• I feel Poland play much faster than China!!!!!!!! :dance6:

Poland's serves tonite were consistently sharp that even Hui Ruoqi cannot received comfortably...
    the power of China spikes with no quality and speed would weaken a lot... :aww:

apart from this point, the block didnt show pressure to Kasprzak + Sieczka + Kasia attacks
    the duo blocks never worked tonite on China side. sucks.... :wall: :wall:

( :offtopic: , does Kasprzak confirm herself to transfer to Guohua Life Shanghai ?)

to be me...