2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I have been in doubt of Karch's coaching since the very start of the tournament.
    I think his problem is subbing players for too much and too easily, and he couldn't say anything constructive during timeouts but cheerleading.
    Lang Ping would never come back as she's now coach for China... I wonder if it's possible to bring back McCutcheon? :whistle:

• For me this is the strongest line-up in italy... (with De Gennaro in Gennari place)

No way. Italy is not only missing one good libero, but also good receiving OHs like Lucia Bosetti and Piccinini and most of all a decent setter. I don't wanna waste other words about Signorile, I've already said all what I had to say about her horrible hands and lack of precision. Today besides Signorile's horrible hands, Italy is having huge problems in reception/defense which has always been one of our best skills in the last 10 years. OHs are not doing well and the "libero" is not helping them.

• Cate and Costagrande are very good OH, but they aren't playing well tonight...
    They're missing reception/defense and no doubt Lucia... but picci is no needed...
    and setter is the biggest problem

• Diouf is 20cm taller than all the Japanese players and still she gets blocked all the time :wall: I think she's a very overrated player...

I cannot agree more. She is tall but also very slow and doesn't use her brain at all. Somehow I feel like either the sets are horrible or she doesn't have the correct technique of spiking. Signorile was a shame to watch as well.

Somehow I feel that Italy terribly regrets to be in the final because they may lose all the games and also they will go to ECH right after there.
    By the way doesnt Italy have a better opp? I saw Sorrokaite in court as OH. I also fall in love with C. Bosetti's performance against Turkey. I'm surprised with her today.

• Really happily exhausted watching a day of matches!
    Brasil, China and Japan deserve their victories as they really played good volleyballs. :flower:

Japan really shocks me today, showing how tipping can destroy a team in the first place. :cheesy:
    Cross everything for tomorrow, in spite of another early morning since 5.30am... :what:

• I confess I was hoping a bit more from today's matches...I don't know I was hoping for some more fierce fight...so Im a bit disapoitted in that matter.

Brazil was the most impressive team...by far...they were really focus and showed some great game rhythm...I think they won't have much problems regaining the title if they keep like that..they are one step ahead than the other teams at this point.

But still..I hope the level of the matches improve in the next days over all. ^^ Well it was just the first day anyway... :super:

• I confess I was hoping a bit more from today's matches...I don't know I was hoping for some more fierce fight...so Im a bit disapoitted in that matter.

Brazil was the most impressive team...by far...they were really focus and showed some great game rhythm...I think they won't have much problems regaining the title if they keep like that..they are one step ahead than the other teams at this point.

But still..I hope the level of the matches improve in the next days over all. ^^ Well it was just the first day anyway... :super:

I agree to Joana, but the show was worth an early awakening anyhow...

** as to ITA performance, I'd remind the audience this was the first 'real' confrontation among the new ITA team and a 'fully operational' Asian team: as someone pointed out, my NT was poorly prepared to face and overcome japanese strategy. Manabe's girls were able to evidence and exploit our major liabilities, i.e. poor reception , predictable setting and one-sided Diouf attacks. yet we could have won the 3rd set, when JAP slightly relaxed .. but 3 serve errors in a row killed us.
    ** Despite of this all, I believe this F6 would prove very useful as an experience, and may pay some dividend at the incoming EC. I hope Mencarelli would allow some ground to all the 12 girls, expecially to Camera who would -sooner or later- overrun Signorile in the starting 6.
    ** Eventually, my congratulations to the 3 winning teams CHI-BRA -JAP, :obey: waiting to see when they meet each other...

:wavy:

• japan played so good today, i'm very happy :) i hope they will play like that on next matches

• In fact .....

I Don't really understand y not using folie instead of chira(I can't spell her name.......)
    Folie's attack is more smooth and effective .

Diouf........................ 202cm is quiet a lot...
    But different standard between Gamova or even Merkulova

The ITA team is lack of teamwork and reception.
    Also , I think they should be more 'responsible" to the ball
    For instance , Diouf , lack of thinking before hitting . Sigorilie(Correct spelling?) , should think more when she is serving.

It will be better if the can get experience from last ball and perform improvement in the next spiking/serving.
    For example , if i toss the ball too low in the first time. In the next time , if I could remember the experience and toss the ball little bit higher , I could let the ball go through the net.
    It is important not only after match , but also during the match.

Getting back to the topic . In the last set , Ms. Ita setter isn't concentrate in the first serving , then she fail in the other one.
    It is actually quite disappointing to me.
    PS I like team ITALY very muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drink:
    But just quite disappointed in this match.... :down:

• Chirichella and signorile :thumbup:

• Cristobal Marte said in may that Marcos is the best coach, which DR volleybal have ever seen and they are happy with cooparate with Kwiek. Additionally he made good result on PAC and WGP, so I can't see posibility to fire Kwiek by federation.

That's why I don't understand why you wrote that he may be fire?

The rumor is not that Marcos would be fire, but that he would resign.

Why?

I rather not no speculate into the reasons

• The rumor is not that Marcos would be fire, but that he would resign.

Why?

I rather not no speculate into the reasons

Well he should! He has a group of very talented and young players.. the best libero in the world, rising star Arias (who is not playing because Vargas has to play), De la Cruz and many more.. so they can do better than this

• Well he should! He has a group of very talented and young players.. the best libero in the world, rising star Arias (who is not playing because Vargas has to play), De la Cruz and many more.. so they can do better than this

Vargas isn't bad player and she's experienced. Kwiek rather takes Arias out because of Fersola ^^ I prefer duo Vargas-Arias ^^ Kwiek is doing subs just too often :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• diouf is a heavy and slow girl,,you make her jump high she'll injure herself so her game is fine,,just dont give her awkward sets for she cant really adjust and she'll just waste it