2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• especially a county like Italia which has the best liberos in the world..

** Interesting remark. IMO, there is a reason why. Mencarelli is trying to get as much as he can from the present post- Picci & Leo generation, while waiting for younger talents (Cate Bosetti for sure, perhaps Letizia Camera) to complete their growth ... He's clearly trying to find the right alchemy between a bunch of 15 good (or very good) players yet lacking a real top-player (as may be Zhu, or Zaryazko, or Kim) ; I guess he prefers Signorile's setting to Camera's one since it fits better to Diouf and Sorokaite's spikes. I also guess he's missing very much Lucia Bosetti's attitude in reception- defense, for it would have given easier balls to the setter.
    IMO, there's no alternative to this strategy (would you recall back Rondon-Ortolani instead of Signorile-Diouf?); moreover, I can already detect some progress in ITA play, despite many errors and setbacks. I would be glad for the girls if they would prove able to put to a severe test their next opponents BRA- USA-SRB, for this would mean effective improvement for my 'azzurre' . :flower:
    Wish you well! - In bocca al lupo ! :wavy:

P.S. = the only thing I cannot explain to myself is why bringing Gennari as a libero to the F6. Underestimating De Gennaro's Injury ? This decision has already involved heavy costs ...

• ** Interesting remark. IMO, there is a reason why. Mencarelli is trying to get as much as he can from the present post- Picci & Leo generation, while waiting for younger talents (Cate Bosetti for sure, perhaps Letizia Camera) to complete their growth ... He's clearly trying to find the right alchemy between a bunch of 15 good (or very good) players yet lacking a real top-player (as may be Zhu, or Zaryazko, or Kim) ; I guess he prefers Signorile's setting to Camera's one since it fits better to Diouf and Sorokaite's spikes. I also guess he's missing very much Lucia Bosetti's attitude in reception- defense, for it would have given easier balls to the setter.
    IMO, there's no alternative to this strategy (would you recall back Rondon-Ortolani instead of Signorile-Diouf?); moreover, I can already detect some progress in ITA play, despite many errors and setbacks. I would be glad for the girls if they would prove able to put to a severe test their next opponents BRA- USA-SRB, for this would mean effective improvement for my 'azzurre' . :flower:

P.S. = the only thing I cannot explain to myself is why bringing Gennari as a libero to the F6. Underestimating De Gennaro's Injury ? This decision has already involved heavy costs ...

I totally agree with you..I just hope that for the ECH Lucia Bosetti can come back and that also De Gennaro recovers soon!

• ** Interesting remark. IMO, there is a reason why. Mencarelli is trying to get as much as he can from the present post- Picci & Leo generation, while waiting for younger talents (Cate Bosetti for sure, perhaps Letizia Camera) to complete their growth ... He's clearly trying to find the right alchemy between a bunch of 15 good (or very good) players yet lacking a real top-player (as may be Zhu, or Zaryazko, or Kim) ; I guess he prefers Signorile's setting to Camera's one since it fits better to Diouf and Sorokaite's spikes. I also guess he's missing very much Lucia Bosetti's attitude in reception- defense, for it would have given easier balls to the setter.

I would definitely recall Ortolani, but Diouf too as her back-up.
    Personally, I don't like Diouf,neither Sorokaite.Diouf is too slow, not a reliable scorer and Sorokaite eventhough is a strong attacker, every point is followed by a fault when it comes to her :down: .Ortolani is not the best opposite in the world but at least she's experienced and there's a chance she comes back to her glory days form and she's pretty young too.
    In terms of setting, I don't think it's worth keeping an average setter on court just because it fits better Diouf/Sorokaite.They rarely play at the same time and what's more tragic is that the others do not score, middles are not used and their games as a team isn't inovative at all.
    And why using Gennari as libero when you have Merlo and Siressi?
    I think every choice this new coach made determined Italy step backward.. but I guess time will tell better :)

• :cheesy: Both Japan and Brasil are so fast and stable! Really a great game!

Ebata is now taken great 'care' by Brazilian blockers. Let's see how Japan is gonna get through in the 3rd set.
    Kinda hope they play 5 sets with superb volleys going on and on and on... :dance4:

• Strange decision by Manabe...Nagaoka plays in Ebata's position and Shinnabe remains receiving OPP...it would make more sense to let Nagaoka play as OPP and Shinnabe as normal OH when they're both on court, Nagaoka is not good from pos 4 as left handed player...

• What an exciting match! Brazil and Japan did a good job today. Congrats for both teams.

Gabi was on fire today. Fe Garay played well again. Thaisa is getting faster and faster in her blocks and that's a good thing for her as a MB.

• Brazil comes to Sapporo in full force ,only China with Zhu Ting can stop them.

• Brazil comes to Sapporo in full force ,only China with Zhu Ting can stop them.

I wonder if the Chinese would even stand a chance against Brazil cause the former is still struggling with their defences and reception while the latter could both hit hard and dig well. :S

• Brazil again showed good performance, today leading player was definitely Gabi, while Garay didn't have her best day. Thaisa in the middle is also making difference. During these 2 days Brazil and China looked the best, match between them on Sunday can be final. China has good team overall, but I don't know if Lang Ping makes good choices with starters, today Ting Zhu and Chunlei Zeng replaced Yimei Wang and Lei Zhang with good result.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• i wonder why people are hating on diouf. she's the number one scorer of italy right now.

she may be slow but she makes up for it by her strong spikes. :heart:

Diouf is still very yound and not experienced..this is her first year with senior Nt,the season just ended was her first one as starter and we have to consider also that she was injuried..just give her some time to become more confident on herself!

• So FIVB is ignoring the stats for final round?! This is shitty!