World League 2013

• Polish federation is ready to organize it, but there is a lot of task to discuss. Personally I think it won't happen in the next year, but everything is possible.

Well, I think that full stadium is expected. So it's about 60000 people. It's important to say that National Stadium is situated in capital city, Warsaw, where there is no volleyball except Politechnika.

I don't know first how FIVB will let them(this is the least problem, I guess Poland has got some great connections in FIVB :win: ), but generally I don't know how will things turn up. It would be extremely difficult to follow the game from the highest and farthest seats without watching only in the screen.

But still, if this thing works, I guess the revenue from single game attendance will be tripled! And this is huge for Poland, cause I don't see any other country except Poland and Brazil who can fill more than 50 000 seats.

Anyway, this is kind of a "wild guess" by the Polish Federation. It would either be a huge success or end up in a disaster.

• As I thought - some problems just automatically appeared and currently it's actually more impossible than possible to watch Poland-Brazil at National Stadium in Warsaw. Some of Polish matches should be played there at 2014 World Champs, that's obvious. But not exactly on next year's World League.

Stadium doesn't really have to be full. I mean people will fight for tickets, which are gonna give them those the best seats, which are the closest to the court. Nobody would take those highest. Maybe with binoculars in the set.

• Can the match actually be played outdoors?

• That stadium has a moving roof that can be closed

• That stadium has a moving roof that can be closed

Can't wait for other stories and legends around the country about the roof after this match :D I'm sensing that it will be fun.

But being serious this idea of organizing a volleyball match on the stadium has as many enthusiasts as opponents. For example Andrea Anastasi is very "for" this idea while some of the players have mixed feelings. Fans also have different opinions on this topic. But we will never know until we try it. So why not?

• Well the Bulgarion Federation just wrote that there are two main candidates to host F8. Or maybe I should say 3:

1. Argentina
    2. Italy and Poland

http://blokaut.net/aktualnosci…sce+i+we+W%C5%82oszech%3F

• Finally! FIVB announced that Argentina will be the host of the Final Eight.

• I'm glad they chose Argentina again. The schedule of the matches is much better for us americans. Although I wish something different should be done in the upcoming editions. What you think of the final round of the WL in Asia and the final round of the WGP in Europe in 2014?. :thumbup:

• They wanted Poland to do it, but our federation decided we have too much stuff going on already. So I kind of expected Argentina ;)

• Having a final in Asia would be great, but none of the teams are at a high enough level to make a semifinal.

Argentina hosting is good, but we've only got 4 options in the America's. I doubt that we'll ever host the finals in the USA, Cuba is even less likely. Brazil is always a good choice with the vocal fans.

Did they ever host one in France or Germany?

Or even something really crazy, such as use the Finals as a test event in 2015 for the Olympics in Rio in 2016.

• This world league competition is sure proof of corruption in FIVB. They change the rules every year, which means there are no rules. No scheme stays long enough to work it's own justice and justice has gone out of the World League.

• Did they ever host one in France or Germany?

No, but there was Madrid, Rotterdam (twice) and Belgrad (twice) along the way.

• This world league competition is sure proof of corruption in FIVB. They change the rules every year, which means there are no rules. No scheme stays long enough to work it's own justice and justice has gone out of the World League.

Couldn't agree more with you!. If the FIVB keep on adding more and more teams in tournaments like WL and WGP they will have to add more teams in the WCH too. The WGP will feature 20 teams this year. It sounds like a lot to me. There was no need to invite traditional teams like Italy, Germany, Russia, because those teams will face themselves during the ECH after the WGP. The current format of the WL is also pretty annoying. 18 teams also sound like a lot. Besides, a weak team is safe in the final round, whereas another strong team will be out. The edition 2013 will be a bit obnoxious!. :thumbdown:

• Couldn't agree more with you!. If the FIVB keep on adding more and more teams in tournaments like WL and WGP they will have to add more teams in the WCH too. The WGP will feature 20 teams this year. It sounds like a lot to me. There was no need to invite traditional teams like Italy, Germany, Russia, because those teams will face themselves during the ECH after the WGP. The current format of the WL is also pretty annoying. 18 teams also sound like a lot. Besides, a weak team is safe in the final round, whereas another strong team will be out. The edition 2013 will be a bit obnoxious!. :thumbdown:

Wait, a weak team is safe in the final round? Are you talking about Argentina?

• Wait, a weak team is safe in the final round? Are you talking about Argentina?

No, he's talking about the team from group C.

Finals are like this:

3 from A
    3 from B
    Host (Argentina)
    1 from C (Korea, Finland, Japan, etc.)