World League 2013

• I just got home from the hall. I honestly didn't even expect to win like that. I hoped to win, but the way the first set started I just couldn't believe it.

We still made some stupid errors and didn't play good in defense, but I guess it didn't matter in this game. I expect tougher game tomorrow, but I still hope to witness the win in the hall.

I'm so jealous of you! Being a part of the win party! Really great atmosphere in the filled arena watching via the stream.

• I can't really stand this russians players! why they kkep shouting and arguing at every ball?? they're attitude is really unbearable..! :down:

O come on now, it was italian captain Savani, who start talking to referee even before match was started, and Berutto threw a tantrum at the press conference, that is unbearable :down:

• The French have their own little way of winning matches, I see:

http://www.polsatsport.pl/siat…francja.html#.Ucabg5ybbk0

No translator, not enough calories in meals provided (deliberately!), one double bed in players' rooms... :down: And of course FIVB doing nothing. I realize it's not that uncommon, but this doesn't automatically make it any less embarrassing. And I wouldn't expect such difficulties in France, to be honest.

• The French have their own little way of winning matches, I see:

http://www.polsatsport.pl/siat…francja.html#.Ucabg5ybbk0

No translator, not enough calories in meals provided (deliberately!), one double bed in players' rooms... :down: And of course FIVB doing nothing. I realize it's not that uncommon, but this doesn't automatically make it any less embarrassing. And I wouldn't expect such difficulties in France, to be honest.

LOL such an excuse for losing a match... From short bed and a smaller protion meal a team will not underperform in 1 day. Of course has to be regulations by the FIVB but to tell this is the reason to lose... sorry but this is patetic like many thing with Poland when they are not on the winning streak.

I have been to many countries and competed many different competitions and I can tell there are no two countries with the same standards. And afterall this is not a holiday to enjoy but 2-3 days to compete. If they are not satisfied with the meals then they can report it to the FIVB and spend their own money to get extra fruit. I guess they can afford to buy an apple per day from their salaries...

Lol the worst excuse I ever heared in my life

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• LOL such an excuse for losing a match... From short bed and a smaller protion meal a team will not underperform in 1 day. Of course has to be regulations by the FIVB but to tell this is the reason to lose... sorry but this is patetic like many thing with Poland when they are not on the winning streak.

Bullshit, that's what they have met when they came to Toulouse for a second match, so it's not related to the first one at all.

• You totally missed my point here. I never used it as an excuse. Why would I, when even Stevie Wonder would've noticed our team is just poor right now.

One or two flops can happen anywhere, but doing such things on purpose will never be okay for me. It's frustrating, you know. When it comes to volley, Poland is a country with highest organizational standards. Both CEV's and FIVB's requirements towards us grow more and more, often reaching the level of ridiculous. And yet when we go abroad and something's not right, we can't even complain because no one gives a shit. Not getting quality meal at the hotel (and that was just us, the French had a whole different menu) means having to look for some restaurant on your own, and that means wasting both time and energy. And having to pay extra in order to get some decent beds to sleep is just absurd.

• It's funny because here in Russia we cant stand italian players which always beseeching the referees all the time. Always near the net asking something, discussing something. RrrrrrrrS :aww: ....

it was really annoying from both sides yesterday... What I didn't understand why they had ti shout like crazy after each point, often towards the Italians...and of course they went complaining to the referee!!

• it was really annoying from both sides yesterday... What I didn't understand why they had ti shout like crazy after each point, often towards the Italians...and of course they went complaining to the referee!!

The only one from the Russians I remember doing so was... Spiridonov :) And if you complain about Spiridonov... You should be used to him already.

• Quoted:

"You totally missed my point here. I never used it as an excuse. Why would I, when even Stevie Wonder would've noticed our team is just poor right now.

One or two flops can happen anywhere, but doing such things on purpose will never be okay for me. It's frustrating, you know. When it comes to volley, Poland is a country with highest organizational standards. Both CEV's and FIVB's requirements towards us grow more and more, often reaching the level of ridiculous. And yet when we go abroad and something's not right, we can't even complain because no one gives a shit. Not getting quality meal at the hotel (and that was just us, the French had a whole different menu) means having to look for some restaurant on your own, and that means wasting both time and energy. And having to pay extra in order to get some decent beds to sleep is just absurd."

I understand that it is frustrating but you can not compare the standards what you have to achieve when you want to organize let's say the Finals of the European Championship or when you have a weekends match in the World League group stages. As to the World League teams are qualified based on their Volleyball performance and financial background not by the quality of their organisation skills and quality.

I agree though that there should be a standard which has to be met and if it does not then there should be consequences towards that country's federation, but if the standards are poorly set and no retorsion applied when those standars are not met then obviously nobody will give a sh*t to please everybody. France has not applied since years to organize any big event's finals as far as I know. Max qualification rounds... So you are not comparing the same things to each other.

And I do not know why you say it was on purpose, just because somebody has the idea that they did it deliberately to cause hard time for the Polish players... We should hear the other team's opinions who will play or played in France during this World League for example the Bulgarian team. Who I am sure had the same conditions and still they hammered down the French team with their young squad 3:2 and 3:0. Maybe those players expectations are not that high to await gourmet dinner and a 10star luxury hotel...

The hotel's obviously planning a meal to spend the least on a portion as they get head quota from the organizer so they get better profit. If the hotel get intructions about the wishes of the French team then they might have cooked them that. I think there is room for negotiation concerning the meals and if the wishes are too extreem then they have to pay the extra cost. That is normal I think.

The beds... Well I am sure not much hotel has 2meter long beds in every room specially 2 beds of such in each room. I don't think that was on prupose either, max they did not take that into consideration.

Ah an I did not lose the point totally as you have just started your comment with :

"The French have their own little way of winning matches, I see"

So you think this was the reason they won.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Finally :dance6:

Velasco's non-stop substitutions finally worked,

I hope Ghaemi is fine, they sent him to hospital ;( he is a key player for the team

• And I do not know why you say it was on purpose, just because somebody has the idea that they did it deliberately to cause hard time for the Polish players... We should hear the other team's opinions who will play or played in France during this World League for example the Bulgarian team. Who I am sure had the same conditions and still they hammered down the French team with their young squad 3:2 and 3:0. Maybe those players expectations are not that high to await gourmet dinner and a 10star luxury hotel...

The hotel's obviously planning a meal to spend the least on a portion as they get head quota from the organizer so they get better profit. If the hotel get intructions about the wishes of the French team then they might have cooked them that. I think there is room for negotiation concerning the meals and if the wishes are too extreem then they have to pay the extra cost. That is normal I think.

The hotel chef said it would've been easier for him to just cook one meal for everybody, but there were clear directives from the French federation. That's how I know it was done on purpose.

The beds... Well I am sure not much hotel has 2meter long beds in every room specially 2 beds of such in each room. I don't think that was on prupose either, max they did not take that into consideration.

It's not about the size, it's about the fact that there was one double bed for 2 players and they were forced to rent more rooms.

Ah an I did not lose the point totally as you have just started your comment with :

"The French have their own little way of winning matches, I see"

So you think this was the reason they won.

I meant today.

It's not that huge of a deal after all, the fire was taken care of, but I really hate double standards. FIVB gives away tons of money in prizes, and yet they can't afford a few decent supervisors?

• Poland is not playing good. It will be difficult for them to qualify for the F6

• Bulgaria start off on the wrong foot. Wake up :teach:

• The only one from the Russians I remember doing so was... Spiridonov :) And if you complain about Spiridonov... You should be used to him already.

yes it was him (and the setter too, Makarov)...and it was the first time I saw him! now I nw what to expect!

• What the heck I thought Poland is sure of going to the final six but it seems Bulgaria has a higher chance.