World League 2013

• Bulgaria got their asses whooped :white:

• I honestly thought France won over Poland last weekend because the Polish guys weren't in their best shape, but after this weekend they truly showed how good they can play. It's nice to see their NT doing well again, more competition is always good. I still don't like N'Gapeth, although I do recognize he's having amazing days, but I'm very pleased to see Lyneel, Grebennikov and Sidibé playing the way they are.

I'm sad to see the Brazilian guys losing, but hopefully this loss will work as a wake up call for them.. Dante was disappointing again, Bruno is struggling (William was much better today when reception worked) and Vissotto/Wallace didn't have good days. Maurício was good in defense but his spiking. :aww: It was nice to at least see Mário Jr. playing slightly better. The thing that worries me is that they'll face USA and Bulgaria the next rounds - USA is always a pain and Brazil has been clearly scared of them since 2008 and Bulgaria hasn't faced them with this team ever (I think?), so anything can happen.

• This Finland is the worst I've ever seen. Can't believe what are they doing. Last results are clearly Sammelvuo's responsibility, where is Seppanen? He is much better than Siltala or Sivula which are regulars so far. Kunnari is lacking match pratice, Esko and Mikko O. are pathetic

• Congratulations to France! :drink: Good performance! Their defence was almost perfect today. They played against Brazil NT, crowd and referres. :roll:
    Our pool is very competitive. We should win 3 matches of our last 4 to qualify. It won't be easy but we can. :super:

• This Finland is the worst I've ever seen. Can't believe what are they doing. Last results are clearly Sammelvuo's responsibility, where is Seppanen? He is much better than Siltala or Sivula which are regulars so far. Kunnari is lacking match pratice, Esko and Mikko O. are pathetic

It was I'm talking about few weeks ago. I'm not making Castellani a god or saying he is better than Berruto. I just said Finland level dropped after changing coaches and it's visible.

• This year WL is so unpredictable, so many predictions were spoilt, also this week I suppose that many results will be wrong :white:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Having watched all 8 games of French people, really excited when watching France fighting for this particular victory, and so surprised how good defence could make difference. Lyneel and Ngapeth are so rounded players, and Grebennikov performed superb today. This young team definitely deserves more respect and chances. Cannot wait to see they play European Championships this Sep.

As for the games in Reno, Bulgaria seemed so light-hearted last night, and I got really concerned about their qualification. I started to regret putting my credit on Skrimov but his injury keeps disappointing me. Hopefully, somebody out there is able to cure him and bring a Wonder Skrimov back to the court soon, or the 6 players played in almost the same dull rhythem.

• Great contribution from Skrimov during set 1-3, when Sokolov and Aleksiev were both not in shape.

Now both teams added 3 points to the points.

Still complicated in Pool A.

• USA-BULGARIA 1:3 , congratulations to our team for this hell of a victory. Bulgaria tops group A now.
    Congrats to France as well for winning against Brazil yesterday 3:1. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Having watched all 8 games of French people, really excited when watching France fighting for this particular victory, and so surprised how good defence could make difference. Lyneel and Ngapeth are so rounded players, and Grebennikov performed superb today. This young team definitely deserves more respect and chances. Cannot wait to see they play European Championships this Sep.

As for the games in Reno, Bulgaria seemed so light-hearted last night, and I got really concerned about their qualification. I started to regret putting my credit on Skrimov but his injury keeps disappointing me. Hopefully, somebody out there is able to cure him and bring a Wonder Skrimov back to the court soon, or the 6 players played in almost the same dull rhythem.

Aleksiev is rounded, they are all-around players ;)

• 3-1 for Bulgaria! :cheesy: :cheesy: Super happy for them. At least that worked out alright today...
    Now Pool A is really messed up.

I am excited to see Brazil - Bulgaria games now. We haven't met your country in our collective type of play /we were always individualists in volleyball, mechanical sum of champions that didn't bring titles/. Today they were the opposite of yesterday in almost every element. USA were not weaker, but this time serve and block worked for us very well. Eleven blocks against the team that invented defense is a lot!

I'm following French NT for a long time, in fact it's one of favorite along Croatia. Yeah, they played monster matches vs Poland and Brasil but with them you never know. They can beat Brasil but easily lose to f.e Romania next week. Everything depends how they approach, if good they can play on really high level, if not they are can made 40 errors in 4 sets w/o problems. Just remember they lost set to Pakistan ?( 8| in OGQ last year. Finally Sidibe got a chance, Moreau is out of shape and I hope Mory become starter

• I'm following French NT for a long time, in fact it's one of favorite along Croatia. Yeah, they played monster matches vs Poland and Brasil but with them you never know. They can beat Brasil but easily lose to f.e Romania next week. Everything depends how they approach, if good they can play on really high level, if not they are can made 40 errors in 4 sets w/o problems. Just remember they lost set to Pakistan ?( 8| in OGQ last year. Finally Sidibe got a chance, Moreau is out of shape and I hope Mory become starter

They played strong matches vs Bulgaria too, our team clinched the points, didn't take it easy at all. Both matches could have been the other way around. So was with USA-France matches.