World League 2013

• I liked Rezende's attitude today. There's no need to play with Mário Jr and Éder again, no need to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Brazil is almost qualified...

About Alan, I think Lucão is right saying 'let him play!' Libero needs experience. He can do better next time. Some mistakes are normal now and we all know 'least said soonest mended'. :win:

Lucarelli is playing really well at his age. With a talent like this, the sky's the limit. :super:

• Italy again won a match they shouldn't win.

Yes and thanks to this Serbia is out of competition. Germany has just won 3-2 with Russia, 18-16 in tiebreak. Now Russia has 19 (after 10), Italy has 19 (still match with Serbia) and Germany 14 points. Germany will play with Iran next week so they have still a little chance to be in F6, they'll be sure if they win twice 3-0 or 3-1. With 19 points they probably will be out, it depends also on Italy.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I can't believe that teammates, coaches and most of all referees tolerate Spiridonov's behavior on court :!: :thumbdown:

I guess nobody treats him seriously now :D He behaves like a moron, so it's not impressive anymore. The most important is that Germany didn't give up and win. They should have done it yesterday.

Kaliberda makes progress with every game :obey:

• Yes and thanks to this Serbia is out of competition. Germany has just won 3-2 with Russia, 18-16 in tiebreak. Now Russia has 19 (after 10), Italy has 19 (still match with Serbia) and Germany 14 points. Germany will play with Iran next week so they have still a little chance to be in F6, they'll be sure if they win twice 3-0 or 3-1. With 19 points they probably will be out, it depends also on Italy.

They need all 6 points in Tehran, They can't qualify by 19 points since they have 4 defeats, Russia and Italy (if they lose to Serbia) have 3.

• Russia's biggest problem is they don't have any reliable OH right now.
    I can't imagine Zaytsev playing with a star setter like Bruno or De Cecco. He is a monster, best scoring option in the world . :obey: :obey:
    Considering how they are winning despite weak performances from OHs (especially Savani), Italy with Juantorena will destroy the competition but that's another story. :whistle:

• I hope Iran will beat Germany at least once. I want Russia in the finals hehehe.

From FIVB WL news: "The Netherlands had a strong campaign in Pool C, but seems to be losing the chance for the final eight spots at the FIVB World League finals, after leading the pool for long."
    Im confused. Final eight or Final six?

• The other Maurício, on the other hand... :wall: I have no idea why Thiago Alves hasn't played in his place yet. Maurício may improve this year playing as a starter for SESI, but right now he's just a mess. Thiago is rather inconsistent too, but every once in a while he gets a killer game, much like Lipe. Both should be tested more in Dante's place.

I can't understand what's going on with him... After his season in Superliga he shouldn't be even taken to the wide roster, but somehow he appears in next match of World League on the court! He has changed a lot, physically he looks really bad, I suppose mentally he's not fine, too. He definitely needs a time to think about volleyball and his future. Coach still treat him like a talent, I guess, and it's not a way to solve Mauricio's problems.

Seriously, I realized Thiago didn't play at all so far! Weird, especially, that he was the best player of Superliga's champion, that means something already. Was he injured?

• Ok. I'm not going to sleep. I'm waiting to watch Grebennikov. I mean Argentina - France, of course. But Grebennikov mostly.

Fortunately Brazil was able to change the game after bad performance in first set. I'm not really convinced to Alan. I don't know also, why Rezende decided to play with Mauricio Souza on the middle so suddenly. But here I have no problems, he did a good job. I still wonder when Sidao will come back... Watching him and Lucas on the net is something, that I'm waiting for all the time. I HOPE it would be possible in the finals!

Not only you :P It's one of my favourite duo on the middle.

Epic moment :thumbup:

• Rhino Rodrigo on the court :D Can you believe it?

And he's the best scorer from Argentina :D in second set Weber changed 3 players comparing with staring line-up, Argentina made some many mistakes in 1st set :down:

• This is outright embarassing :aww: playing like amateurs...

And FIVB wants to extend our agony making us organize the finals, we won't even beat Canada.

• Argentina back in game, it seems that team with Uriarte, Bruno and coming back Crer and Romanutti finally found rhythm.

• Uriarte is setting a lot better than De Cecco, as it has been in all of this WL

I would even go as far as saying he should start next match and in the finals

• Before I put on my predictions, definitely nobody told me this would be a 5-set weekend.
    Arg X Fra was the 6th 5-set in this weekend!