World League 2013

• Korea survived by getting 6pts in Portugal. 8)

now Japan and Portugal have to play qualies ! both wild carders

FIVB won't let Japan to be out of WL :lol: in next year we can get next extension to 20 teams :aww:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I checked all types of results for BRA-USA and BUL-POL and it's certain that France is out even with 15 points.

1) Bulgaria is certain when they get 5 or 6 points in two matches. If they get 3, 4 they are almost certain, but then USA can get the same amount of points (5 points when BUL 3 and 6 points when BUL 4) and set ratio can decide (only in case of 3-2 3-2 for Bulgaria they are second because of more wins). In other cases - BUL with 3/4 points and USA 4 points or less, Bulgaria is second. With 2 and less points Bulgaria is out.

2) Poland is certain with 6 points. With 5 points it's almost certain - if USA gets 6 points then Poland is out (worse set ratio in all cases). With 4 points the chance of advance is quite big - if USA gets 6 points Poland will be out (more points), the same if USA gets 5 points (better set ratio in all cases), in rest cases Poland is second. With 3 and less points Poland is out.

3) USA is certain only with 6 points, moreover Bulgaria should have 2 points and Poland 4 points or Bulgaria and Poland with 3 or Poland with 5 points (in all cases of results) or Bulgaria with 4 (except 3-2 3-2 for Bulgaria and 3-0 2-3 for Bulgaria, while USA twice 3-1, then Bulgaria is second). With 5 points the chance is smaller: only if Poland gets 4 points (in all cases of results) or Bulgaria gets 3 points (except 3-0 1-3 for Bulgaria, while USA 3-1 3-2). With 4 points and less USA is out.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Well, 9th straight loss :aww:

France played ok, nothing extraordinary, they did their job. But, Argentina plays so bad... it's very very sad how low we have fallen. Solé had to receive an award for being the best player of the match but he went directly to the changing room because of how angry he was. And the rest of the players had very sad faces when stretching after the game ;(

I think we should change coach, things are not the same as before... no hunger, no attitude, no volleyball, even De Cecco is playing so bad Uriarte has to replace him every match.

• I hope Brazil will play fair vs USA

• You are 100% right. But realistically speaking, I don't think USA can get more than a couple of pts from Brazil. So it's either Bulgaria to f6 with a 3 pt win or Poland with 4 pts. The second is more likely, IMHO.

• Well I think that it's normal to expect Brazil to play with subs or at least some subs. Not to cause problems for other teams. Just because they are sure for the Final 6 and it kind of sounds logical for them to want to preserve some strength for those games, especially having in mind that those two last games don't matter to them. I don't expect them to fight as strong as they did against us (those two games with us were really important to Brazil). And yes Brazil might win or lose and I don't think that it's because someone told them so, but just because the games are not important for them.

I personally think that our players should focus on beating Poland twice to be sure that they qualify. It's other matter whether they can or not and whether they are capable of doing so. The things are such in our group that all teams depend on other results so it's only Bulgaria or Poland or USA. It's for all of us.

About the war in Varna - as someone that was in that game last year in the hall, the lighters and bottles were for the ref, not for the Polish players. It's other matter how they behaved that I won't talk in details now. I didn't like the attitude of Kurek and Bartman then as much as I didn't like the fans that threw things, but have in mind that this is just one case. I don't know Bartman and Kurek as persons so they might have just reacted this way only during this particular game. And we all don't know those fans that threw things at the ref. I have to say that those fans were handful and not half of the hall. I do hope that we won't witness such things this year and that the game would be even and equal and there will be no ref help and no disrespect from either side (fans and players). In other words let's hope for fair play.

• Oh, I'm used to it now. But it's still frustrating. And they almost let it happen again in the end. From 23-17 to 24-23. What the hell.

I'm glad they won and gave Brazil an early classification for the F6. :cheesy: And diminished USA's chances of advancing.

I see progress, though. From 23:17 to 24:23 but we didn't lose it :D sigh of relief...

BUL-POL! This is going to be a WAR!!! I wonder how many empty bottles and lighters will land on court this time 8)

I wonder the same :lol: Well' it's not funny at all. I'm nervous, that's why I'm laughing. Always react like that. I saw interviews with our guys yesterday. They are ready for a war. I mean REALLY. They know what's waiting for them in Varna. And donnu if it's more save for Bartman to play or to stay in square... Ok, it was poor joke :aww: I'm shutting up.

Well that will be hard battle and the behaviour of the public in Varna will depend the attitude of the Polish players. I have to be honest many bulgarian fans doesn't like Polish players. I remember interviews from bulgarian players who said that from all volleyball players in the world polish players behave as arrogantly and haughtily and unlike other national players they almost never salutes bulgarians. I have not feel such arrogance and disregard of Polish fans in the forum so maybe this is typical only for their players. And i can say that Kurek is one of the most antipathetic volleyball player especially for the fans that I know.

Sad to read it. I'm almost sure it's a bit because of misunderstanding and a bit because of emotions. This works both ways. Something about our players Bulgarian fans simply couldn't stand as well as something Bulgarian fans did our players couldn't stand. Maybe bottles were for refs but someone from us was hitted so guys could take it personally not knowing it was for refs. You know. Nothing nice to be hitted by a bottle. I'm not complaining, just sayin'. I know that no one wanted to hurt anybody. Well, besides refs maybe. At least I hope no one had bad intentions. No one knows how it started. We will never know I guess. We have to live somehow with that. Since I love Bulgarian team, fans and almost everything what's Bulgarian, I would be for sure more happy knowing that Bulgarian fans like my team or at least tolerate not because it's proper. Too many things happened so I guess it's more like a fairy tale which I like to live in - you know Bulgarian fans and Polish players loving each other :D But it's a good thing, dreaming ;) I never stop. I hope we're all ok :win:
    I'm a bit scared about the matches in Varna. Not because I'm scared about life or health of my players, not at all! I'm scared because all matches showed how fragile mentally we're this year. In Varna it can go in two sides - it can be cured or be deepen more. And then it won't be even close to be a fairy tale.

I just can't believe, that so weak team as Poland still has any chances to go to F6. I think Bulgarians will eat us at breakfast. First match, and quick 3:0 or 3:1 and they're going to finals.

Why so pessimistic? Have a little faith in our team. I know they didn't give us reason to have much faith. But deep down I know they're trying hard. We all go through the greatest obstacles with them. Every team meets with weaknesses one day. The teams from past - just look at them. Somehow we bounce off the bottom and back to the top every time. Maybe it's our bottom - this year's WL for our present team. Well, this bottom stretches from the Olympics. But I won't give up on believing in them doesn't matter how hopeless we play in WL so far - we're still in game.

I know. I like to dramatize. Sorry for that. Everybody who read my melodramatic posts. Roses :rose: flowers :flower: everything for you, guys

Well, 9th straight loss :aww:

France played ok, nothing extraordinary, they did their job. But, Argentina plays so bad... it's very very sad how low we have fallen. Solé had to receive an award for being the best player of the match but he went directly to the changing room because of how angry he was. And the rest of the players had very sad faces when stretching after the game ;(

I think we should change coach, things are not the same as before... no hunger, no attitude, no volleyball, even De Cecco is playing so bad Uriarte has to replace him every match.

Something has to be changed for sure. It's not the same Argentina I knew from last seasons. It's so sad that it happened to them when they're a host. I hope they will have enough energy, passion, faith and will to show much better performance in F6. Do it for their fans. You guys were fantastic during this matches I saw. Team has to show that it deserves for this cheering. Fingers crossed for Mar del Plata so it can be a success in every aspect ;)

• It's okay to not have the best shape right now during the World League.

Polish team is getting better after two battles versus Argentina, and the team is very likely to ascend to another higher level in the upcoming European Championships. Being fully activated on the top gear in the World League is good (especially for fans), but very risky.

• Well I think that it's normal to expect Brazil to play with subs or at least some subs. Not to cause problems for other teams. Just because they are sure for the Final 6 and it kind of sounds logical for them to want to preserve some strength for those games, especially having in mind that those two last games don't matter to them. I don't expect them to fight as strong as they did against us (those two games with us were really important to Brazil). And yes Brazil might win or lose and I don't think that it's because someone told them so, but just because the games are not important for them.

I personally think that our players should focus on beating Poland twice to be sure that they qualify. It's other matter whether they can or not and whether they are capable of doing so. The things are such in our group that all teams depend on other results so it's only Bulgaria or Poland or USA. It's for all of us.

Same here. Can I put my signature under your words?

Brazil won't throw the game. No matter who plays, they'll play to win! :super:

• I don't like people who value winning without rules.

• oh. c'mon people!
    What has hapened in the past is in the past! No team/fans/nation is a saint! We all have some shaddy moments, be there arrogance, cheating and calculations, or ugly and disrespectfull behavior from fans. What is done is done! Cut that crap with moral preaching, it isn't bringing anything new on the table. It only puts away fans from the forum and increases the negativity.

Volleyball fans such as Bazilian, Polish or Bulgarian (or other) are normaly VERY emotional when it comes to supporting their team and not looking objectively.
    so.. :read:

Enjoy the league and the sport :thumbsup:

I, for once, will enjoy prety much the last 2 matches POL_BUL live in Varna. I hope fans will behave appropriately :box: :cheesy:

• Same here. Can I put my signature under your words?

Brazil won't throw the game. No matter who plays, they'll play to win! :super:

Yes you can :flower: . It all depends on our team and how they play. Everything else doesn't matter. I don't think that we should think that there is global conspiracy against us. I also don't think that Brazil has anything towards us specifically or any other team. They play for the game, just like every other team. Having good strength for the finals is part of the game too. And the same goes for any other team.

So again I hope that we win against Poland just like Polish fans hope that their team will win twice in Varna. And I want to enjoy fair play and good game (well it will be good if we are the winners 8) ) and good fans behavior. In the end this is what matters.

• Can't wait for the games. I've already prepared cups and bottles and other stuff for throwing :D

• Does Anyone know which Germany's Roster will go to Iran? Two Teams without chances to Final 8 ticket.

Bulgaria behaviour as lazy on court, Poland are fresh but without precision.