World League 2013

• wait, so polish federation is paying only 3000 per game? :what: that,s a great deal considering one of those high speed cams can be 40-50 k euros

That would be the price of installing the challenge system for matches in Bulgaria. According to our media, of course.

• You, people, are boring with this theme! :mad:

Winiarski is injured but it does not mean Poland will be weakened tonight as I strongly believe his play can easily be replaced by Kubiak or Ruciak! :wavy:

• One interesting thing to note about Hawk Eye is that while the public views the system is flawless in delivering clear-out in/out decisions, errors may actually happen therein. It indeed involves an algorithm to predict the trajectory of the object. This prediction could deviate from the truth at times but it's hidden from the public should it occur:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/scie…jul/08/hawk-eye-wimbledon

Regarding whose obligation to pay for the video-replay system, it should be the federation or FIVB itself on paper. Each federation is required to pay FIVB a lump sum (in the scale of ~1 million USD if I recall) as admission fee if their country is qualified to play in WL. To make video-replay mandatory, FIVB may use part of the money it receives to help each federation install the system, a less costly option considering a massive usage week over week and across countries.

Thanks for the info :flower:

About hawk-eye, I remember one tennis match between Federer and don't remember who at Wimbledon a couple of years ago. Federer was serving and made an ace. The ball was suspiciously called in, it was more of an "out" call. His opponent challenged the call using hawk-eye and according to the system the ball was in the middle of the serving area, 1-2 metres from the line. The players just laughed because Federer was winning by much and the point was not that important.

But a notable conspiracy theorist such as me cannot stop himself from thinking "What if there is a guy somewhere, who can manipulate the results from the system?". This would be devastating, because the system is accepted by everyone as objective and people trust it 100%. Then I think it would be worse than "only referees" type of game conduction.

• Aleksiev carries the team on his shoulder and took the first set. He took 3-4 points in a row while the team was trailing after the 2nd TTO and turned the set around.

Toshko is the absolute X Factor for the team. On the other hand, when his game is struggling, everyone else in the team struggles as well. It's like he has an aura or something. But if the game continues like that, it's an easy 3:0.

Why Bartman is a sub? Jarosz is an average attacker.

• IT'S GONNA BE FAST :rolll: Even this freackin' challenge system isn't needed, they can't check if Sokolov blocked them alone again or not :rolll: 'Cause he did :rolll:

• IT'S GONNA BE FAST :rolll: Even this freackin' challenge system isn't needed, they can't check if Sokolov blocked them alone again or not :rolll: 'Cause he did :rolll:

Of course it's gonna, I told you we're not going anywhere ;)

• Of course it's gonna, I told you we're not going anywhere ;)

Has anyone been cherishing illusions that we are? We don't even deserve to go. That would be sheer unfairness.

• Toshko is the absolute X Factor for the team. On the other hand, when his game is struggling, everyone else in the team struggles as well. It's like he has an aura or something. But if the game continues like that, it's an easy 3:0.

Why Bartman is a sub? Jarosz is an average attacker.

Bartman's performance in the 2nd set gave the answer :-)

Btw, I'm surprised by Sokolov's performance today -- almost no errors from the attack line, and v good blocking performance!

• Has anyone been cherishing illusions that we are? We don't even deserve to go. That would be sheer unfairness.

Well, maybe we don't deserve, but still had a chances for that before a match and luckily we could advance, so... Nobody would remember our hopeless performances in the international round then... WELL, BULLSHIT!

Bad you're back in such an atmopshere, Ola :(

• Well, maybe we don't deserve, but still had a chances for that before a match and luckily we could advance, so... Nobody would remember our hopeless performances in the international round then... WELL, BULLSHIT!

Bad you're back in such an atmopshere, Ola :(

Honestly? I think that's a good thing. The guys will at least get proper ass kickin' before ECH.