World League 2013

• That was ridiculous. How can two referees miss/ignore that?

I guess it's safe to say Italy, Bulgaria, Brazil and Russia are in the semifinals. Unless Argentina and Canada decide to pull off their best games ever.

I disagree. Bulgaria is underdog against Argentina, imo. They'll have to fly half the world again and will make it to Mar del Plata just a day before the game. Also Argies will desperately seek revenge, and the refs might help too, just like they helped Bulgaria a couple of weeks ago. There are bigger chances for Bul to beat Italy than Argentina.
    I wouldn't scratch Canada out too. They have very organised blocking play and Russia are nothing special atm with all their missings.

• Italy and Argentina both have rested for a week.

• If Conte were playing I would be confident for this game, but present situation tells otherwise.

What I can assure is that the players are very angry about their display on intercontinental round and were most angry about the matches in Sofia.

Anger does not always translate into good volleyball, of course, but I think that no way they will play as bad as they have been doing. Much less in front of crowd as Mar del Plata's who should be more demanding than the ones at Mendoza or Salta.

Nevertheless, Bulgaria has one big advantage: GOD OF VOLLEYBALL SOKOLOV :obey: everything is possible with that person in the court.

• Will Argentina play with the same Roster or will be changes?

On FIVB website are rosters for Final 6 ^^ in some teams are 12, in others 14 players on list

Pool D
    Argentina
    S: Nicolas Uriarte, Luciano De Cecco
    OP: Ivan Castellani, Bruno Romanutti
    OH: Cristian Poglajen, Rodrigo Quiroga, Nicolas Bruno, Federico Pereyra, Pablo Bengolea
    MB: Martin Ramos, Sebastian Sole, Pablo Crer
    L: Alexis Gonzalez, Facundo Santucci

Italy:
    S: Dragan Travica, Marco Falaschi
    OP: Luca Vettori, Ivan Zaytsev
    OH: Simone Parodi, Filippo Lanza, Christian Savani, Michele Fedrizzi
    MB: Thomas Beretta, Daniele Mazzone, Matteo Piano, Emmanuele Birarelli
    L: Andrea Giovi, Salvatore Rossini

Bulgaria
    S: Georgi Bratoev, Dobromir Dimitrov
    OP: Danail Milushev, Tsvetan Sokolov
    OH: Todor Skrimov, Valnetin Bratoev, Todor Aleksiev, Nikolay Penchev
    MB: Stoyan Samunev, Svetoslav Gotsev, Viktor Yosifov
    L: Teodor Salparov

Pool E
    Brazil: (I'm surprised - no Bruno, Visotto and Dante :what: maybe it's a mistake there )
    S: Wiliam Arjona, Raphael
    OP: Wallace, Renan
    OH: Lucarelli, Thiago Alves, Felipe. Mauricio Borges (the biggest joke here :aww: )
    MB: Eder, Mauricio Souza, Lucas
    L: Mario Junior

Canada
    S: Joshua Howatson, Dustin Schnieider
    OP: Dallas Soonias, Gavin Schmitt (he's on the list, but I don't know if he's ready for play), Louis Pierre Mainville (also MB)
    OH Toontje Van Lankvelt, Frederic Winters, John Gordon Perrin, Jason De Rocco
    MB: Rudy Verhoeff, Justin Duff, Adam Simac, Graham Vigrass
    L: Daniel Lewis

Russia - the same roster which was posted yesterday
    S: Sergey Makarov, Sergey Grankin
    OP: Nikolay Pavlov, Maxim Mikhaylov (also OH)
    OH: Evgeny Sivozhelez, Alexey Spiridonov, Ilia Zhilin
    MB: Nikolay Apalikov, Dmitriy Muserskiy, Andrey Ashchev
    L: Alexey Verbov, Artem Ermakov

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Yeah, this roster isn't correct. Bruno, Vissotto and Dante are in and probably Isac Santos, too.

• These are probably the rosters from tha last games. 2 players are missing from Bulgarian roster- Gradinarov and Apostolov.

• These are probably the rosters from tha last games. 2 players are missing from Bulgarian roster- Gradinarov and Apostolov.

Yeah, Bernardo has already confirmed that Renan and Raphael are out, while Dante, Vissotto and Bruno are in. He could've taken Alan in Maurício Borges' place. :wall:

• Ok, but I only posted what's on FIVB site, so we have mistakes there :whistle: :call: :down:

• Bulgaria
    S: Georgi Bratoev, Dobromir Dimitrov
    OP: Danail Milushev, Tsvetan Sokolov
    OH: Todor Skrimov, Valnetin Bratoev, Todor Aleksiev, Nikolay Penchev, Miroslav Gradinarov
    MB: Stoyan Samunev, Svetoslav Gotsev, Viktor Yosifov, Borislav Apostolov
    L: Teodor Salparov

• Now on FIVB there are corrections in rosters ^^
    Bulgaria - the same roster as you mentioned, with Gradinarov and Apostolov
    Canada - Blair Bann instead of Jason De Rocco
    Argentina, Italy and Russia without corrections

Brazil: - there is no Alan and Sidao (he's still recovering), unfortunately Mauricio OH remains :what:
    S: Bruno, Wiliam Arjona
    OP: Visotto, Wallace
    OH: Lucarelli, Thiago Alves, Felipe. Dante, Mauricio Borges (the biggest joke here :aww: )
    MB: Isac, Eder, Mauricio Souza, Lucas

• Brazil: - there is no Alan and Sidao (he's still recovering), unfortunately Mauricio OH remains :what:
    S: Bruno, Wiliam Arjona
    OP: Visotto, Wallace
    OH: Lucarelli, Thiago Alves, Felipe. Dante, Mauricio Borges (the biggest joke here :aww: )
    MB: Isac, Eder, Mauricio Souza, Lucas

According to this, there's been a sudden change and Maurício (MB) is out. Alan (L) is joining the rest of the team in his place. Apparently the reason for this hasn't been revealed yet.

• According to this, there's been a sudden change and Maurício (MB) is out. Alan (L) is joining the rest of the team in his place. Apparently the reason for this hasn't been revealed yet.

Thanks for info :flower: so on FIVB will be next correction :whistle:

• So, World League is over for the germans. Third place is more than expected and finally we saw some new faces on the field. I really feared a little breakdown this year but obviously Heynen installed a system whicht suits this team very well. Kaliberda made a huge step forward and also Christian Fromm was a little surprise.
    Now just add Grozer and im not afraid of the euros.

Below you can find a nice article about the journey to iran and the latest progress in iranian Volleyball

http://translate.google.de/tra…rraschungen-12282102.html