World League 2013

• I wonder what Sokolov's problems with the serve are? Just a lack of concentration? technical weakness? from watching, it seems to be linked to the same problems he has hitting some balls in transition which are a bit quick - he seems to have late contacts?? I cant understand it.....

Good turnaround by Bulgaria in this match- funny watching Bulgaria play, everyone seems so relaxed and enjoying their volleyball - good to see a team winning in this way - it seems the coach brings this out in them.

that was I was talking about. They have this attitude now of enjoying the game without expectations. But you need something extra to get on the podium, don't you... :sleeping:

• Birarelli killed us - 12/13 spikes. Aleksiev was silent this match. We can't play in attack only with Sokolov. After three games with great attack we met team without hole in the block and the attack dropped. Lack of technique and wrong choices in the air. Not to talk about the lack of instinct in defense, nobody falls on the ground to save the ball. Or the inabillity to block fast spikes from the MBs. At least we scored some aces

• I think the win against Argentina was more important than last night's match against Italy. A win versus Italy would've given the guys too much confidence, now they can rethink the situation and finally get some rest. It's also good that both Italy and Argentina should hire mathematicians to settle mutually, meaning Bulgaria didn't screw up that bad last night and still has chances. I believe we'll see fair play, both teams want to make it to the semis. And I still feel we might get a second chance versus Italy for the bronze medal. We'll see :)

• since I've been away from volleyball for few months...can somebody reminds me what happened with Butko?

That's actually a good question. We might also need some up-to-date information about him. He was surely resting during the WL Intercontinental Round and was expected to play for Russia at the 2013 Universiade in Kazan, but Sergey Antipkin started instead. If he is recovering from an injury or just getting some pre-season rest, I don't know.

• I think the win against Argentina was more important than last night's match against Italy. A win versus Italy would've given the guys too much confidence, now they can rethink the situation and finally get some rest. It's also good that both Italy and Argentina should hire mathematicians to settle mutually, meaning Bulgaria didn't screw up that bad last night and still has chances. I believe we'll see fair play, both teams want to make it to the semis. And I still feel we might get a second chance versus Italy for the bronze medal. We'll see :)

What are the chances for Argentina and Italy to settle convenient score? I haven't heard Berruto to do something like that before?

• I don't want to scare You Bulgaria Fans but last year Argentina helped the Host Poland to get to Semis. This year Argentina as Host needs help so ...

• :lol: Who as who but You are the most emotional Person in prisme of every Bulgaria's match here. Or maybe emotions are because of love to Rugby..

• What are the chances for Argentina and Italy to settle convenient score? I haven't heard Berruto to do something like that before?

I have no idea what the chances are, but I doubt something like this will happen. It's more likely for Berruto to rest key players in an eventual tie-break (or if Italy takes two sets in advance) rather than using his statisticians' laptops to simulate the table rankings.

• Shoot. Only wish Bulgaria had won the 3rd set with that big 5-point gap and had added 1 point to the ranking.
    Too many slapsticks really.

Raylight made a great point, does Bulgarian team ever defend whatsoever?

• Too much relying on Sokolov, no help from other players (Aleksiev only 22% :what:) and chaos on Bulgarian side were keys for Italy to win yesterday.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Twice in the match we were blocked 5 times in a row by bulgarians. Berruto changed everything but the setter. I wonder what Travica should do to go to bench, :tzz:

He has good sets for the opposite, but he can really set to the OHs and MBs. Always ball close to the net or into the block. Wrong timing. :aww: :down:

• Shoot. Only wish Bulgaria had won the 3rd set with that big 5-point gap and had added 1 point to the ranking.
    Too many slapsticks really.

Raylight made a great point, does Bulgarian team ever defend whatsoever?

They defend well when on proper position, but lack the instinct to drop on the floor when the ball is between them. Lack of training as youth players.

• I won't be suprised, if Canada isn't able to handle the pressure today. After what they've done against Russia they may present bad volleyball with Brazil. Usually it works like that with such a teams. These kind of a matches happen really rarely to them.

• Someone knows what happened with the 2nd italian setter? Baranowicz.
    He isnt in the Final 6, in despite of he was during all the intercontinental round.

That´s right...Berruto never changes Travica, even when he is setting rocks :down:

• Someone knows what happened with the 2nd italian setter? Baranowicz.
    He isnt in the Final 6, in despite of he was during all the intercontinental round.

That´s right...Berruto never changes Travica, even when he is setting rocks :down:

There are big rumors about Michelino asking for more space and so "banned" from NT for that reason. Rumor has it he openly said he thinks to be better player than Travica (and I would say of course he is, there are at least 7/8 better setters than Travica in A1), so he has been cut from the team because for that reason. Now second setter is Marco Falaschi, who's even much more talented than Travica. Baranowicz probably has something more than Marco, but the most incredible thing is Travica can get all his spikers blocked, but he doesn't go to bench.

There is even a drama between Macerata and Berruto (NT) about Baranowicz and Kovar cut from the roster for the finals.