Montreux Volley Masters 2013

• Sorry i know is off topic !
    She has played very little, much still needs to evolve. ;)

what im really wondering about right now is who will be the first option for the setter since yoshie takeshita already retired,will it be hitomi nakamichi?,but im hoping a bit taller one would be also better.. :drink: :

• what about mari horikawa?i think shes around 180 cm,?since some of the current japan womens nt are about to retire later on..would be nice to see some new good players... :drink: :drink:

A great deal has been expected of Mari, this season, with the absence of Saori Kimura, and subsequently the injury to Stephanie Enright. So far her performances have not been outstanding, and I would doubt whether she will make the Senior NT this season. But, there are at least ten games left this season, for her to show some of her doubtless potential.
    There are so many setters in Japan ready to take the place of Takeshita, you could take your pick. My choice is Hiroko Matsuura....Tall, Versatile. and doing well for Azeryol.

• Group A: Brazil (BRA), China (CHN), Russia (RUS), Switzerland (SUI)

Group B: Japan (JPN), Italy (ITA), Germany (GER), Dominican Republic (DOM)

Schedule (local time):

Tuesday 28th May
    1630 JPN - DOM
    1830 CHN - RUS
    2100 BRA - SUI

Wednesday 29th May
    1630 DOM - GER
    1830 BRA - CHN
    2100 JPN - ITA

Thursday 30th May
    1630 CHN - SUI
    1830 RUS - BRA
    2100 ITA - GER

Friday 31th May
    1630 RUS - SUI
    1830 ITA - DOM
    2100 GER - JPN

Saturday 1st June
    1400 A3 - B4
    1600 B3 - A4
    1830 A1 - B2
    2100 B1 - A2

Sunday 2nd June
    1100 Match for 5th place
    1330 Match for 3rd place
    1600 Final

Source: http://www.volleymasters.ch/program.php

• German roster for Montreux:

S: Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers
    Opp: Saskia Hippe, Louisa Lippmann, Rebecca Schäperklaus
    OH: Anne Matthes, Svenja Engelhardt, Jana Franziska Poll
    MB: Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt, Melanie Keil
    L: Lenka Dürr

Some of the older players (Weiss, Kozuch, Brinker, Fürst, Schaus, Dörendahl) are ready to join the team in case someone of these players gets injured.

• Great to see new players hope that means no more some useless ones. :thumbup: But what about izquierdo?

• Curious to know which players will lead Russia. Goncharova'll be physically exhausted since the Russian league just a few weeks before.

• According the report, the new Chinese coach Jenny Lang said the chinese team will send a B team to Montreux , team A will debut in 2013 FIVB WGP, The lineup to Montreux will be announced in May.

• As for Russia, I hope they will send their young team to Swiss. Startseva played horrible in the last 2 years, so I wonder how she will play this year. I guess Obmochaeva and Pasynkova will lead the team. I'm not quite sure if Kosheleva is healthy(maybe not)...I'd like to see Pisarenko or Scherban in the NT soon. Zaryzahko definitely should play as a starter too.

• I expect all countries to send new/young/B-teams to Montreux, it's very early in the summer, the main players are exhausted from the club seasons, so this tournament is good to see new players.

As for Russia, I don't agree that Startseva played "horrible" in the last 2 years. She's as good as a Russian setter can be, though at the moment Marina Akulova is playing really well in Dinamo. Scherban played a terrible season in Krasnodar and ended up on bench later in the season, so I don't think she'll be good for NT...

• I'm curious to see Italy and Russia roster... ^^

I agree about Zarya, she's a lot of time better than Borisenko and Perepelkina :drink:

• Startseva played terrible in 2011, that's not the proper reason why Russia failed, but actually it was one of the reasons :sleeping: I should agree that she is still better than any other russian setters.
    Akulova seems to be an okay setter for Russian NT again. Can't believe Matienko got the chance to go to the olympics in stead last year.

• I'm curious to see Italy and Russia roster... ^^

I agree about Zarya, she's a lot of time better than Borisenko and Perepelkina :drink:

Diouf for Italy, Zaryazhko for Russia is the biggest expectation to me :whistle: But as I heard from a russian user here, The russian head coach Yuri Marichev had said "Borodakova and Moroz are the best MBs in Russia". hard to believe, but if he really thinks so, Borodakova will keep on playing as a starter and maybe as the captain as well :lol:

• Diouf for Italy, Zaryazhko for Russia is the biggest expectation to me :whistle: But as I heard from a russian user here, The russian head coach Yuri Marichev had said "Borodakova and Moroz are the best MBs in Russia". hard to believe, but if he really thinks so, Borodakova will keep on playing as a starter and maybe as the captain as well :lol:

:aww: :aww: :wall: :wall:
    I hope he change his opinion

• Brazil 2013 NT

Setters: Fabiola, Claudinha, Dani Lins
    Liberos: Camila, Suelen
    Blockers: Bia, Angelica, Adenizia
    Spikers: Fernanda, Ellen, Priscila, Michelle
    Opposites: Monique, Tandara

I hope they include Gabi and Rosamaria Montibeller as well.

• What :what: Is Fabiola back after Olympic crisis :white:

• Yes, she, Adenizia, Camila and Fe Garay were added to the group training for Montreux. They will arrive to Saquerama today.

• I've never been a big fan of Brazil, but I can't wait to see Camila Brait as 1st libero :thumbsup: I was so fed up with the Brazilian coach (I don't remember his name...) when he cut Camila from the roster for London, obviously Fabi was good enough but Camila was almost going to make it and failed eventually...

It's a big surprise to see Fabiola too 8| If I were her, I would never let myself get in NT anymore but wow...fancy that! She must be a very generous person indeed.

• I've never been a big fan of Brazil, but I can't wait to see Camila Brait as 1st libero :thumbsup: I was so fed up with the Brazilian coach (I don't remember his name...) when he cut Camila from the roster for London, obviously Fabi was good enough but Camila was almost going to make it and failed eventually...

It's a big surprise to see Fabiola too 8| If I were her, I would never let myself get in NT anymore but wow...fancy that! She must be a very generous person indeed.

Well, Unilever players were still not invited, cause they will play South American Championship. I think You can add to that list Juciely and NAtália..maybe also Fabi (libero), but I think like the other veterans she will ask a year out? lets see.

But I agree, has passed the time for Camila to be the first libero.

• Brait this year will play all the tournaments holder. Finally we can see his real power at a global level. If in 2012 the dispute between her and Fabi to see who was going to London was great. Can not wait to see the World Cup 2014