Montreux Volley Masters 2013

• i don't think it's over for russia here. they're young, they're fighting and that what's more important. they may not win the match but they will win a lot of experience for sure.

• I really like this young russian team. They seem to have a lot of fun on the court.

Zaryazhko would be a monster blocker very shortly. she's passionate and wants to win every single match :thumbup: Impressive performance by both Chaplina and Isaeva as well.

• I really like this young russian team. They seem to have a lot of fun on the court.

Zaryazhko would be a monster blocker very shortly. she's passionate and wants to win every single match :thumbup: Impressive performance by both Chaplina and Isaeva as well.

so true. include malykh as well. ;)

fresh blood for russia finally arrived. stoned face russians seemed history. XD

• Pasynkova keeps that tradition alive :lol:

well..... there should always be at least one player on the russian team who will carry on karpol's teaching. or else russia won't be russia. haha

• Congrats to Brazil, they were the best team in this tournament. I just wish they had lost some sets :P But with Dani, Adenizia, Juciely, Fernanda and Camila, they are on a different level than all the teams who brought completely new players.

Once again, Russia's attackers were too weak, only Malykh did well when she entered. Chaplina was good in the very first match but after that her performances were disappointing, Pasynkova seems far from 100% and Bondar also was too inconsistent. If Isaeva can reduce her errors, she'll be good for Russia.

• well, congratulations to brazil.

but seriously ze, you should have used this to test young players. he overused fe garay and put a 31-yr old middle blocker (juciely) instead of younger middles. i never even saw hage on court even once during this tournament. and daroit and brait didn't impress me as much as well. -_-

i am pleasantly surprised with China and Russia in this tournament though. Give them a few months and they will surely give Brazil and USA a run for their money. :)

• Well, well, well... :cup:

Good to see these "young" Brazilians players doing so well! This is not our main team but people don't seem to talk about it here. Strange.

I just wish Dominican Republic had made it to the finals. I mean, it's sunday and I woke up earlier than I'm used to, so at least I was expecting a more interesting match.

Anyway, go Brasil!! Well deserved title :)

• lol so true pathetic attempt to downplay Brazils victory :lol: whatever even with B team complete domination 0 sets lost :dance6: :cup: :cup:

• lol so true pathetic attempt to downplay Brazils victory :lol: whatever even with B team complete domination 0 sets lost :dance6: :cup: :cup:

I wouldn't call Dani, Adenizia, Juciely, Garay, Camila a "B-team". If they had played with some of the players who were on bench, OK, but this was not a B-team for me. China played with their Junior team, Japan, Russia and Italy had no or almost no players who were on their Olympic team, so that's what I understand as "B-team", but not a team with 3 Olympic champions on court :whistle:

• lol at the haters here.

Anyway, congrats to the Brazilian girls! They were certainly very entertaining to watch.
    Monique was my only disappointment this time but I'll give her credit since it's her first time facing foreign teams with the NT. Too bad Tandara couldn't play though.

Regarding the MB issue, two of them (Bia and Angélica) were injured right prior to the tournament, and I'm sure ZRG would've let them play. But it must be good for Adenízia and Juciely to play an entire tournament when they're bench for Fabiana and Thaísa most of the time.