Dutch NT 2013-2014

• ned receive and dig really bad today and also should train serve especially jump serve.

• According to Vermeulen (interview after Serbia-match), Lonneke Sloetjes is still recovering from her shoulder-injury...so, she isn't able to hit the ball at full power yet :teach: But, since she has a very high reach, she is able to make some points already, as she showed yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXRna7l29o

---------------------------

Also Manon Flier is still recovering (she injured her back end June, as mentioned in Joana's interview with her at FIVBHeroes...

So, at the moment, there is no 'real' substitute for Pietersen...

Hopefully both Lonneke and Manon will be 100 % at ECH :teach:

• How is Anne Buijs as Opp? Can she play well in that position?

Afaik, Anne never played at opposite-position :win:

• The only thing we drink there was really hot,hot chocolate with tosti's ( a lot) because it was always freezing cold there.... :lol:

Plus echte thee, wine and beer (especially after you left) :P

Underbetween (meanwhile) in Kazakhstan, the schedule for this weekend looks as follows:

Friday 16/08 Netherlands - Kazakhstan 18:00 (14:00 CET)
    Saturday 17/08 Netherlands - Brazil 15:00 (11:00 CET)
    Sunday 18/08 Netherlands - Cuba 15:00 (11:00 CET)

• After those GP matches, I am really sad for Flier... She used to be one of the best OPP in the world and now she's just a declining player. I want to see a new Manon in the following matches/competitions! :(

• After those GP matches, I am really sad for Flier... She used to be one of the best OPP in the world and now she's just a declining player. I want to see a new Manon in the following matches/competitions! :(

she is recovering from a back injury. She is not 100%.

• I know, but I'm not talking just about this year with the NT... Since 2011 she's playing very badly.

You are right, Manon's performances have declined very much during recent years....Though, her current performance is certainly not her best, because she is recovering from an injury, as Joana already mentioned.

• You are right, Manon's performances have declined very much during recent years....Though, her current performance is certainly not her best, because she is recovering from an injury, as Joana already mentioned.

Anyway, I still believe in Manon's game. Go, go, go Dutch girls and Flier! :super:

• I know, but I'm not talking just about this year with the NT... Since 2011 she's playing very badly.

Yeah, but also in 2011 she was playing in Japan and she got injured twice - in the beginning and at the end of the season. I believe in her too and I hope she'll soon be back to her best :flower:

• Analysis after WGP 2013:

4 matches won 3-0 against very weak opponents (Cuba, Algeria, Kazachstan, Cuba)

4 matches lost (3,1, 3-0,3-0, 3-0) against very strong teams. (China, Serbia, USA, Brazil )

1 match lost 3-1 against a team at the same level, at least in that match. Bulgaria.

Players:

Buijs: by far the best Dutch player. She had problems in reception against strong serving teams. Very reliable attacker.
    De Kruijf: she improved a lot in block, this summer. I'm glad for that, because block was her weak point.
    Steenbergen: she played well in first week, but after that her level dropped.
    Stoltenborg: in general she played a good WGP. In many matches she could not do much, because of the bad reception
    Grothues: good receiver. In attack very weak against strong teams.
    Pietersen: as expected too weak at WGP-level.
    Knip: considering she so far only played in Dutch League, one can't expect her to play stable at WGP-level. Against the strong teams, she was (very) weak in reception. She needs time to improve.
    Flier and Sloetjes: still recovering from injuries. Since ECH starts in 2,5 weeks already, I doubt they will be able to perform at 100% in Germany...Pity.

• Anne Buijs after the match :teach:

'Today we played disciplined in block and defense. We made only a few mistakes and in some parts of the match we played very well. I'm glad we finished the WGP like this.
    Buijs is satisfied about her own performace during WGP. ' Especially in Macau I played well. After first weekend, my level dropped a little, but today I played again well. I hope to stabilise my reception. I'm glad we won today in a quick game, because I'm quite tired.'

About the results in WGP: In Bulgaria-match we could have got a better result. I hope we can hold our level during a longer period against the topteams. In general: I'm very satisfied about the WGP. It has been a good tournament for us.

About the ECH: I'm really looking forward to it . We will play in Germany against Germany. I know many German players personally. Also we play against Turkey and Spain It will be difficult of course, but we will see what will happen. I myself have very good memories about the gym in Halle. I won German Cup twice, so I love playing there'

* one German player she knows really well :P

• NED has so many things need to improve.

The most important thing is reception and defense.

Steenbergen is not in her best shape,and Grothues is getting weaker...

Otherwise,Kruijf is really good,but she still needs to work with Stoltenborg more comfortable.

Buijs need to improve her reception.

About Pietersen,maybe Moniek Jansen is a better choice...

Stoltenborg is ok,but it is still not enough,but considering her first playing in WGP,really amazing.

Knip is sooo young,she needs more experience.

Plak is strong,she just needs more chance.

And anyone can tell me how is Schoot、Wensink、Stam now?

Flier and Sloetjes are important to NED in attack.