Dutch NT 2013-2014

• I wonder if Pietersen would convert back her position :huh: Groutheus is doing as good as Stam as a defensive OH so giving Plak is better idea. However, Wensink is only one year older than Steenbergen and I believe a fully recovered Wensink still has so many things to contribute NT, also Belien didn't seem to be a special talent whenever she entered to the game.

Pietersen has played many years as OPP now, I would be very surprised to see her as MB again...
    I agree that Wensink could help a lot, but really only if she fully recovers.

Belien plays very well in Aachen, she turned 20 just last month so of course she needs more time, but she has good potential in all elements.

• I wonder if Pietersen would convert back her position :huh: Groutheus is doing as good as Stam as a defensive OH so giving Plak is better idea. However, Wensink is only one year older than Steenbergen and I believe a fully recovered Wensink still has so many things to contribute NT, also Belien didn't seem to be a special talent whenever she entered to the game.

If they are all back,the final 14 will be

Stoltenborg、Dijkema
    Schoot、Knip
    Flier、Sloetjes
    Plak、Grothues、Stam、Buijs
    Wensink、Steenbergen、Kruijf、Yvon

But if Pietersen back to MB,i think she can replace Yvon
    Aslo i think van Dalaen can play as OH...

• Pietersen has played many years as OPP now, I would be very surprised to see her as MB again...
    I agree that Wensink could help a lot, but really only if she fully recovers.

Belien plays very well in Aachen, she turned 20 just last month so of course she needs more time, but she has good potential in all elements.

Wensink is bettern in blocking and Kruijf is better in attacking。Steenbergen is balanced。
    But Wensink is a all-round player,also very experienced.
    I still think she is the best MB in NED。

• Agree about your final roster ned, but I think that Pietersen won't be back as MB so I don't consider her in final roster.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Wensink is bettern in blocking and Kruijf is better in attacking。Steenbergen is balanced。
    But Wensink is a all-round player,also very experienced.
    I still think she is the best MB in NED。

I don't know if Stam and Wensink come back in the team. Stam was in training last november, but never heard of Wensink. Are they coming back on toplevel?? Don't know....
    But Wensink isn't better then De Kruijf for sure, and I think Yvon has future,she plays very well in Aachen,and is only 20 years old. She need some time,but I see good future for her.
    Don't think Gido will take them in NT again, he has more players for future,and that's his choice for EC 2015 in Holland/Belgium.

And Judith Pietersen back to MB ?? No way......

• I don't know if Stam and Wensink come back in the team. Stam was in training last november, but never heard of Wensink. Are they coming back on toplevel?? Don't know....
    But Wensink isn't better then De Kruijf for sure, and I think Yvon has future,she plays very well in Aachen,and is only 20 years old. She need some time,but I see good future for her.
    Don't think Gido will take them in NT again, he has more players for future,and that's his choice for EC 2015 in Holland/Belgium.

And Judith Pietersen back to MB ?? No way......

Agree 100%. But it would be sad if their careers ended like this...

• We will see wether Wensink and Stam will return. :win: At 100% they certainly belong to the NT...if not 100% it's up to the young girls.

• Maret's injury drastically changes things, at least Stam will be needed in NT this year now. I suppose Maret will be back for WCH (achilles tendon usually takes about 6 months to recover), but it will be important to have a backup for her and a defensive OH for the early part of the summer. I don't think Renkema will be good enough, and I don't know any other Dutch OH who can pass well :S

• How Maret get injured?

And maybe Kathy Bonsen、Angelique Vergeer or Kim Renkema has a chance.

• How Maret get injured?

And maybe Kathy Bonsen、Angelique Vergeer or Kim Renkema has a chance.

I think the only player who can replace Grothues in NT is Debby Stam. With Buijs on court, the other OH must have excellent defensive/reception skills and Stam has them, besides being also quite good at attacking.

• Maret's injury drastically changes things, at least Stam will be needed in NT this year now. I suppose Maret will be back for WCH (achilles tendon usually takes about 6 months to recover), but it will be important to have a backup for her and a defensive OH for the early part of the summer. I don't think Renkema will be good enough, and I don't know any other Dutch OH who can pass well :S

Yes they're in a bit of trouble. One option could be Schoot in attack - she hasn't played there for a while in a match, but she has in practice . I'm not saying it's the most likely option (not least because it then shifts the problem to the Libero position) but it is an option.

But obviously they will hope to have Stam back and Grothues back soon.

• Actual news about Caroline Wensink: http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…-wensink-stopt-definitief
    She stopped playing volleybal definetly...

What a pity ;( so now NT remains with Steenbergen, De Kruijf, Belien and Thijssen.

About defensive OHs: it depends on Maret's recovery, how long will it last, alternatives are Stam (if she comes back), Renkema or Schoot (here Knip has to play as libero, so this idea might not work properly, because Knip didn't play well in last NT season...), in the last resort they should try Vergeer.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Sad about Caro! :( I guess it was coming....but its sad to see her finish her career like that!

She could still be much used in Nt if it was not for the cronical problems in her back. :( a pitty...I wish the best for her in whatever comes her way.

• What a pity ;( so now NT remains with Steenbergen, De Kruijf, Belien and Thijssen.

About defensive OHs: it depends on Maret's recovery, how long will it last, alternatives are Stam (if she comes back), Renkema or Schoot (here Knip has to play as libero, so this idea might not work properly, because Knip didn't play well in last NT season...), in the last resort they should try Vergeer.

Van Dalaen is much better than Tynn,and i don‘t know why Jeanine is not called.

• I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad!!!!

I like Wensink so much.

How can this happen!

• I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad!!!!

I like Wensink so much.

How can this happen!

It is indeed really sad...she is only 29 years old...

The problem is: she has a chronical back-injury during the last years..

If she would continue with her career, the pain would come back again...so, by ending her career, she can live a normal life without pain :win:
    Thanks for everything, Caro :flower: :flower: :flower: