2013 CEV Youth European Championship - Serbia / Bosnia Herzegovina

The 2nd round tournaments shall be played in a single round robin, according to the principle "each one against each other".

1st and 2nd ranked teams will qualify to the Final Round. Teams ranked 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th are eliminated.

After the 2nd round, a drawing of lots shall allocate the teams to the preliminary pools of the final round.

• Match of the day:

Bulgaria - France

Turkey - Russia should show how Turkey develops.

• I am not very impressed by this Bulgarian generation. The only promising player is Krasi Georgiev, he was good in block today even if he, quite unusually, disappointed in attack. He will nevertheless play with the juniors a few weeks later as well, he just has more potential than the other boys. Also, the head coach of the Bulgarians Ivan Halachev is one of the weaker senior coaches in our country, so don't expect miracles. I was impressed by the French OHs that played in the last set - great attack technique and clever play, N5 (Aaron Koubi) has a huge jump. Good words for their setter too (Nevot). It's too early for something general after the first day, but with the defeat of Serbia a while ago France has good chances to make it to the semis. This French team sure has skills. Not surprisingly though, based on their recent championships in both junior and youth level.

• Finland beat Serbia 3:1. Quite solid game, Finns showed great blocking skills and good serve but too many mistakes. Regarding Serbia, this generation is quite bad, simply lacking quality and talent.

Finnish OH Makinen is very good for his age, he has powerful spike and played great game tonight!

I was surprised to see Roman Zhos (Russian setter) on bench today. He was starting setter on Junior ECH in Gdynia :whistle:

• Today Turkey win against Bulgaria by making the setter Yiğit play as Opp :obey:

• Today Turkey win against Bulgaria by making the setter Yiğit play as Opp :obey:

he can play as Opp & OH, too. He played as OH in a match of Turkish Cup when Burutay got red card. He's the most talented player of this generation clearly :)

• A very, very important win for Finland against France (3-1) in a match between the teams fighting for the second position behind Russia. The Finns play Turkey and Bulgaria from Tuesday on, so unless there are some major upsets, they should make it to the semis. I wouldn't say they were much better than France, but played more carefully in the decisive points.

• Could Turkey beat Finland? which one looks stronger at the moment?

Theoretically - yes, practically - very difficult. Finland is a step closer to the semis after beating France, they need to win against Turkey as well though. Finland is stronger IMO, but everything is possible. I'd bet 3-1 for Finland.

• Last matches in Pool A- Russia 12 pts and Finland 7 pts, Turkey 6 pts or France 6 pts in Semis.

Today:

Finland - Bulgaria
    Turkey - France

• Last matches in Pool A- Russia 12 pts and Finland 7 pts, Turkey 6 pts or France 6 pts in Semis.

Today:

Finland - Bulgaria
    Turkey - France

Turkey has beaten France 3-0 :box: Turkey couldn't advance to semis although it has been defeated by only Russia (which will be champion most probably) :down:

• Finland is second after Russia in Pool II and got the place in the semis. Pool I is still ongoing, but Poland has secured the first position. Second team from that pool to semis is decided in tomorrow's games. Italy seems to have good odds since they are playing against Bosnia-Herzegovina, who have lost all their games.
    So, Poland will face Finland, and Russia probably Italy, in the semis.
    http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=14522&ID=5
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-….aspx?NewsID=14521&ID=596