2013 FIVB Youth World Championship - Thailand - 26/07

• 2013 FIVB Girls Youth World Championship
    2 7-07-2013
    BRA-ALG 3-0 (25-8, 25-15, 25-11)
    PER-ITA 3-2 (26-28, 19-25, 25-20, 25-22, 15-13)
    SLO-USA 3-1 (25-23, 25-15, 18-25 and 25-22).
    TUR-TPE 3-0 (25-17, 25-16, 25-23)
    PUR-TUN 3-1 (24-26, 25-22, 25-17, 25-21)
    ARG-JPN 3-0 (25-23, 34-32, 25-21)
    SRB-EGY 3-0 (25-14, 25-14, 25-20)
    POL-CHN 3-1 (25-21, 25-21, 21-25 and 26-24). </h5>

• Such great and deserved victory for Peru 15-13!
    Italy with 48 unforced errors :down: It's a record probably. More than a half of them on serve, I'm sure. I've never seen a female team with so many services errors.

How did Leyva play? I watched her one game at Junior WCh, she seems pretty talented to me :box:

• How did Leyva play? I watched her one game at Junior WCh, she seems pretty talented to me :box:

According to FIVB, she got injured during the game against Italy, don't know how bad is the injury but this was the reason she did not attended the press conference at the end of the match.
    as per statistics, she scored 18 points.
    Hope the injury won't prevent her to play the rest of the tournament.

• How did Leyva play? I watched her one game at Junior WCh, she seems pretty talented to me :box:

Yes, she definitely has a lot of potential, she's my favorite player in Peruvian team. I think Leyva played pretty well yestreday, she scored some very important points and IMO she's a leader of this team.
    The situation with her injury was qiute strange. After jumping for block Leyva has obviously twisted her ankle, fell on the floor, was in pain. She tried to get up maybe, but made a very loud scream instead. She was helped off the court and I expected her to be substituted straight away. But strangely there was some delay, maybe 15 seconds or so and Leyva walked back on court and continued playing till the end and done it pretty successfully. She probably played with injury, so could make it worse, but I hope she will be ok. Waiting for news on that.

• Yes, she definitely has a lot of potential, she's my favorite player in Peruvian team. I think Leyva played pretty well yestreday, she scored some very important points and IMO she's a leader of this team.
    The situation with her injury was qiute strange. After jumping for block Leyva has obviously twisted her ankle, fell on the floor, was in pain. She tried to get up maybe, but made a very loud scream instead. She was helped off the court and I expected her to be substituted straight away. But strangely there was some delay, maybe 15 seconds or so and Leyva walked back on court and continued playing till the end and done it pretty successfully. She probably played with injury, so could make it worse, but I hope she will be ok. Waiting for news on that.

It seems she had a cramp.

She is ok now. Hope she continue playing better every match.

• PERU WON!!!

Peru 3-2 China Taipei

:woohoo:

The best player: ANGELA LEYVA :super:
    23 KILLS
    3 BLOCKS

• After a very bad starting 7-25,16-25 Greece took the 3rd set against China 25-19.

BTW is the first time since OG 2004 that a greek national team play with an asian team.The women national team had played in 2004 with South Korea and Japan.No friendly games,too.

• China-Greece: 3 - 1 final result

• Poland 3-2 Argentina
    Bałdyga use more MBs today.

Poland is not a Russia, but our team get 62 points from blocks in 3 matches 8o Edit: Oh, I miss... We have Moskwa in team :pinch:

• Polish team interestingly managed to win all the matches which finished 3-2 since ECH.they won against Turkey,Italy,Greece,Argentina 3-2..thats good.what attracts my attention most in the stats is polish blocks.

• If in a few years say that Peru would be defeating Italy in the category infant / juvenile would be unreal. Very happy that nivíl American south is improving.

• If in a few years say that Peru would be defeating Italy in the category infant / juvenile would be unreal. Very happy that nivíl American south is improving.

Peru was very strong even in WCH Under-20 for 2 years ago but they struggle in seniors because of their huge lack of height, its rare with players over 183

• Peru was very strong even in WCH Under-20 for 2 years ago but they struggle in seniors because of their huge lack of height, its rare with players over 183

Japan also has few players above 185cm and they are good, so it should be possible for Peru.

• Peru is playing absolutely equal game with Turkey, it's 1-1 now 22-25, 25-23. Leyva is unstoppable today. Turkey is making lots or errors. 19 in 2 sets. Peru has made just 6. I don't see any difference in class between Peru and defending world champion as for now. So I guess Peru has a chance to go all the way in this tournament if they continue playing like this :thumbsup:

• Even though I'm a Peru team fan in this tournament I certainly can't stand the way their coach Natalia is talking to players in time-outs. She's rude. I'm not an expert in Spanish but even I know what "carajo" means and she's saying that to 17 yo girls. I don't know... :thumbdown:

• Turkey won third set. Which means Peru will probably be second even if they end winning this match, because Turkey has still to play weak Mexico.

Too bad they screwed up vs Chinese Taipei :aww:

Maybe southamerican duel in round 16? :whistle:

• Even though I'm a Peru team fan in this tournament I certainly can't stand the way their coach Natalia is talking to players in time-outs. She's rude. I'm not an expert in Spanish but even I know what "carajo" means and she's saying that to 17 yo girls. I don't know... :thumbdown:

Nah, just typical southamerican coach behavior :lol: Weber and Bernardinho usually say much worse things in timeouts

• Nah, just typical southamerican coach behavior :lol: Weber and Bernardinho usually say much worse things in timeouts

Weber - who is the new coach of Dinamo Krasnodar? I see we're up for something interesting this season :lol: