European League 2013

• As for the women’s competition, 8 teams are set to participate being subdivided into two groups with four each. Round robin tournaments will be played here as well with the organizer (Bulgaria), plus the first-ranked teams of each Pool and the second-ranked with the best score qualified for the final four. If the organizer finishes first or second in the prelims, then the first and second-ranked teams of each Pool will compose the starting field of the final four.

The composition of the Pools for the women’s competition – determined by taking into account the European ranking as well as the way teams were assigned to the prelims in the past seasons – is:

Pool A: Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary
    Pool B: Germany, Serbia, Israel, Belgium

The calendar of the League Round reads as follows:
    June 13-16: tournaments in TUR and BEL
    June 20-23: tournaments in HUN and SRB
    June 27-30: tournaments in ROU and GER
    July 4-6: tournaments in BUL and ISR

The final four – to be played in Bulgaria, the venue is still to be determined – is scheduled for the weekend comprised between July 11 and 14 (exact dates to be communicated at a later stage).

Source: http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?Ne…0&Sd=1/1/1900&Ed=1/1/1900

• Good luck to all teams :drink:

Dutch Federation wanted to participate in EL, at least they told a while ago. ?(

• Good to see germany in european league,but i guess poland also would participate ? Probably there will be germany-turkey final what i hope to see in european championship 2013 8o

• I'm surprised to see Germany there despite playing WGP as well after all...I hope we will play EL with the backup players, I think it would be too much if the same players play EL, WGP and ECH...but then, it will be difficult to find so many players for all positions :S Setter and libero is no problem, but there are not so many attackers...

• The venue will be "Palace of Culture and Sports" in Varna :)

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Good to see germany in european league,but i guess poland also would participate ? Probably there will be germany-turkey final what i hope to see in european championship 2013 8o

I hope . :thumbsup:

• FIVB is considering another rule change: sets will be played only until 21 points, with only one technical time-out when the first team has 12 points. Each team will still have two normal time-outs. The rule will be tested in this year's European League.
    (source: German volleyball federation)

• FIVB is considering another rule change: sets will be played only until 21 points, with only one technical time-out when the first team has 12 points. Each team will still have two normal time-outs. The rule will be tested in this year's European League.

reallY? 8|

• I think FIVB is trying to make to many changes at once...I dont like that specially knowing Ary Graça is the cheef.

I Read they are going to try 21 points so the broadcast for tv is faster...but I think 25 points is great number.

• Another idiotic rule test will be made in EL: The Rules - your opinion, suggestion

What do they want?
    A 3 set game that takes less than 40 minutes
    A 5 set gam, that takes less than 1,5h
    As a supporter, you go into the hall, sit down and suddenly the game is over.
    For what should they spend money.
    The time to go to the Hall takes longer than the whole game.
    Stupid Old men, who are having such stupid Thoughts about new rules.

In football, nobody is changing rules as well as in Eishockey, Handball, Basketball, but in Volleyball, they want to be the innovators.
    Is ther eno big national federation like Russia, Italy, USA who can say NOOOOOOOOOO!!??

• In football, nobody is changing rules as well as in Eishockey, Handball, Basketball,

Every sport which You wrote has time limits so They don't change rules.

Hi, Can you link in the source please as I can not find this artickle on the German Federation's webiste. Thank you :)

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Well football is a working sport, everybody loves it, millions watch it on tv and live, it has TV coverage and can be planned on tv, as they know it will be 90 minutes plus 15 minutes half time break and maybe around 5 minutes extra time (this is the only thing which can change). So the matches are always planned to be 110-120 minutes long and the rest they can tweek with the commentator talking more/giving live reports, or delay the next program with a few minutes.

It can happen to play extra time in case the match can not finish with draw, or they decide with penalties but those matches are just in the finals or Semi final stages in big competitions where millions are watching so this unsecure broadcasting time can not cause the match not being on the screen.

So why they would change on something what is working. I am sure they would think on rule changes if the sport would struggle for publicity and tv appearance - which at this stage seams impossible.

In Volleyball instead depending on the teams a match can finish in 60 minutes or in 150 minutes. So it is impossible to plan ahead with broadcasting time, and this is why it is so limited chance for volleyball to be on screen except the really big events and top 4, or finals. But they are also not on main channels. Unfortunaltely. I guess this is why they want to make new rules, but I do not think that these changes would give the desired result.

(In the history of volleyball there have been several big changes, like the set were played till 15 points, and you could get a point just from your own service, also in the USA in the university championship they have played a few years ago till 30 points each set. So if you think about this the 21 point is not such a big change. I am wondering though how the 10 second rule will effect the quality of the game)

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• In Volleyball instead depending on the teams a match can finish in 60 minutes or in 150 minutes. So it is impossible to plan ahead with broadcasting time, and this is why it is so limited chance for volleyball to be on screen except the really big events and top 4, or finals. But they are also not on main channels. Unfortunaltely. I guess this is why they want to make new rules, but I do not think that these changes would give the desired result.

Right.
    No matter what they are doing, in countries were Volleyball is ranked behind Handball, Basketball, Rugby, there wont be a change in TV Coverage.
    In Germany, they have broadcasted this season not only 1 game live (no Champions League game, No PLayoff Final Game in the Bundesliga). Maybe there will be a few games of the Men World League, but that`s all for this year till summer 2014 (the next World League Games).
    I think it is the same situation in France, Spain, certainly in the UK.
    Just a few Countries in europe (Poland, Italy, Russia), where Volleyball is more popular have steady TV Coverage, with or without the new rules.
    In China, Brasil, Japan, there is TV Coverage on and on, so there isn`t any change necessary