European League 2013

• And here's the most shameful number of the whole tournament: final match had 350 spectators :aww: :wall: :down:

Congratulations Germany :flower: good job today by Kożuch, middles as you said Matthias was quite invisible. Change of libero changed match, Thomsen deserves to be in NT :thumbup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• No info yet about individual awards, but on this photo from Guidetti's twitter I see Kozuch having two awards and also Hanke and Dürr have one. I guess Kozuch won best scorer and either best spiker or MVP, Hanke setter or server, but if Lenka Dürr won best libero after today's match, the history of player awards would have its next joke :lol:
    On the other hand, none of the F4 liberos have been really good, but one has got to win the award...I'd have given it to Courtois or even Filipova though...

• And here are the official awards already:

Most Valuable Player (MVP): Charlotte Leys (BEL)
    Best Scorer: Margareta Anna Kozuch (GER)
    Best Spiker: Margareta Anna Kozuch (GER)
    Best Server: Denise Hanke (GER)
    Best Blocker: Freya Aelbrecht (BEL)
    Best Receiver: Mariya Karakasheva (BUL)
    Best Setter: Frauke Dirickx (BEL)
    Best Libero: Lenka Dürr (GER)

• Hello
    I rarely post on here and even watch female volleyball but today I was at the hall and got to say BVF was absolutely horrible in organizing the F4 of EL. That was a disgrace to the sport. They didn't even bother to promote the tournament, combine the tickets for the WL match BUL vs POL (for which the hall was sold out weeks before) and on Saturday there were people in front willing to come and see the women matches but couldn't enter the venue, because they didn't have tickets for the late male match while the hall was nearly empty.
    Here in Varna this tournament was not promoted at all, people didn't even knew there were female matches as well, only WL matches were promoted and sold out early on.
    The closing ceremony was a pure joke, absolutely shameful. Germany flag wasn't raised so the girls had to look up to the all flags on top and watching their own while the anthem was performed. The podium was build to face the officials, not the public so during the ceremony we only watched theirs backs :aww: . Awful, really!

Anyway! Congrats to Germany :obey: I was rooting for them. That was a fantastic match and I feel sorry so little people were there to watch. Hanke :rose: my new favorite! The changing of libero and setter for Germany did the job! :cup:

• Is it a joke :what: or only they wanted to give an award for a player from host country? She recived only 16 balls, 38% excellent, 46% positive. Best receiver was definitely Leys: 47% excellent and 72% positive out of 32 balls.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Well, it's always the same with individual awards ;) It's the same with libero award, Germany won the final because the best libero of the tournament was taken out after 1:2 sets? :aww: But to be fair, she played very well in semifinal.

Anyway, my "allstar team" as in FIVB's new way of player awards would be:
    Calota - Kozuch
    Leys - Vasileva
    Aelbrecht - Onyejekwe
    Courtois

And about the organisation of F4: Andre Meyer was in the hall this weekend, so he saw it with his own eyes. I hope he'll remember it for the future...

• Belgium had a better team and campaigned better, shame that in the end made his worst game, and Helene was there could help.

• Matthias, can you tell us more about Kitipova's sets today?

I am no Matthieas, but Lora played well. I like her more than Nenova - she is so preditable and one dimensional, and when our reception sucks (which is most of the time) our game just falls apparart. Lora can be shaky at times, too, she is young and unexperienced, yet I would still give her more chance than Nenova., shes got more talant and potential to develop.

Marcelo isn't a bad coach at all. He did amazing job lats year to build the team after the fiasco with Baltic and Tonev. But he cannot play on the court himself and cut the number of errors our girls are making. I would give him more time to make the next step. Let's see how we do at Grand Prix :olympia:

• After 3rd set, Guidetti declared Dürr as unable to play, so now Thomsen is libero. I don't think he has ever done that before but it's certainly justified today!

No it's not first time,two seasons ago he did same for Gizem in Vakıfbank because she did lots of reception mistakes during match and he forced Gizem lie to refree that '' I have a small injury and i am not able to continue '' than 2nd libero of team Songul completed the match as libero.It's not ethic actually but we are talking about a coach that who sends ground cleaner at last moment while nothing is wet in ground and his opponent's best server is on service line :aww:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I am no Matthias, but Lora played well. I like her more than Nenova - she is so preditable and one dimensional, and when our reception sucks (which is most of the time) our game just falls apparart. Lora can be shaky at times, too, she is young and unexperienced, yet I would still give her more chance than Nenova., shes got more talant and potential to develop.

Totally agree, I like Kitipova much more than Nenova too.

No it's not first time,two seasons ago he did same for Gizem in Vakıfbank because she did lots of reception mistakes during match and he forced Gizem lie to refree that '' I have a small injury and i am not able to continue '' than 2nd libero of team Songul completed the match as libero.It's not ethic actually but we are talking about a coach that who sends ground cleaner at last moment while nothing is wet in ground and his opponent's best server is on service line :aww:

The rules have changed since then. Now, the coach can simply declare the libero as "unable to play" without giving reasons and he can choose another player as libero. However the match report from DVV states that Dürr had to leave the game with an injury...didn't see anything happen though, but maybe she really had some problems and that was the reason for her bad performance.

• Unfortunately i couldnt watch the final match but thats really good to hear that germany won 8) now they just should be in top 3 in grand prix anyway i will be in palageorge for grandprix so thats better hope germany beats every team cause they have power for it