Polish NT 2013

• I will mention Śliwa... I would like to see her return to coaching staff. :)

Anyway, I do not expect Bełcik to return, but wanted to write a few words in her defence without sounding like obsessed crazy person... which reminds me of another question...

Should Klaudia Kaczorowska be called for NT?

I remember her as promising talent :roll: Although her reception is quite decent comparing with Kasprzak, Sieczka and Polak, she lost her spiking abilities, what proved last matches in OrlenLiga. Overall she's mediocre - she can be in NT, but only in wide roster. Better are Werblińska, Kosek, Grejman, in league Skowrońska, Kasprzak and even Pyziołek played better. Comparing reception and spike players' stats in league + Kosek (from Turkey) she wasn't in top 10 OHs.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I remember her as promising talent :roll: Although her reception is quite decent comparing with Kasprzak, Sieczka and Polak, she lost her spiking abilities, what proved last matches in OrlenLiga. Overall she's mediocre - she can be in NT, but only in wide roster. Better are Werblińska, Kosek, Grejman, in league Skowrońska, Kasprzak and even Pyziołek played better. Comparing reception and spike players' stats in league + Kosek (from Turkey) she wasn't in top 10 OHs.

I hope Elżbieta Skowrońska is called and willing to play. This season, I have only see her play against Atom... but I think, if not for her, Atom would have Polish Cup and probably already gold medal.

I have had high expectations for Bogumiła Pyziołek, but only because of her sister... which is completely unfair to her.

• Should Klaudia Kaczorowska be called for NT?

I think she should be called. She has ups and downs but she can play really good. Before Christmas she had played great but later became ill and started playng worse and worse.
    And I think Pyziołek should get a chance.

• I hope Elżbieta Skowrońska is called and willing to play. This season, I have only see her play against Atom... but I think, if not for her, Atom would have Polish Cup and probably already gold medal.

I have had high expectations for Bogumiła Pyziołek, but only because of her sister... which is completely unfair to her.

It's normal that siblings are compared many times, also here. Bogumiła had good season in Impel, she is one among better receivers and she has decent spike abilities. However, I'm worried that she's good only in league and she's not enough for NT, but she desrves for a chance to be in NT.

• First of all - Skowronska always refuses, 'cause she thinks she's not able to play on this level, so I wouldn't expect any changes here. Werblinska may has a surgery, I don't know, if just one, so she's got a problems. Sieczka and Kaczorowska should not be called to the national team, I know they're young, but present nothing currently. They still get a chances for regular playing in the best Polish clubs, but it looks like they think their skills are good enough already and they don't need to try to improve. Reality is brutal, unfortunately. They are just bad.

When it comes to players like Polak, Pyziolek - seriously? We could realize that many times - if you play well in league it doesn't automatically mean you're gonna present such a volleyball in the national team. Do you really expect them both to be called by a coach, who said he's got a problem with OH's position, 'cause he doesn't see anything special here? When I here such a words I've got many doubts, that such an invisible players would be seen and taken to the national team.

• First of all - Skowronska always refuses, 'cause she thinks she's not able to play on this level, so I wouldn't expect any changes here. Werblinska may has a surgery, I don't know, if just one, so she's got a problems. Sieczka and Kaczorowska should not be called to the national team, I know they're young, but present nothing currently. They still get a chances for regular playing in the best Polish clubs, but it looks like they think their skills are good enough already and they don't need to try to improve. Reality is brutal, unfortunately. They are just bad.

When it comes to players like Polak, Pyziolek - seriously? We could realize that many times - if you play well in league it doesn't automatically mean you're gonna present such a volleyball in the national team. Do you really expect them both to be called by a coach, who said he's got a problem with OH's position, 'cause he doesn't see anything special here? When I here such a words I've got many doubts, that such an invisible players would be seen and taken to the national team.

Ok, but except players which you mentioned we have Kosek, Kasprzak, Grejman, useless Podolec and ... that's it. There are Kruk, Nuszel, Kurnikowska and Łyszkiewicz which are at level below mentioned. So who do you see in NT as OH in this case? Again converted OPP as Kowalińska (Żebrowska) or Konieczna? There's no other choice left.

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• I think that players like Kaczorowska or Sieczka will take a way of Ciaskiewicz, Staniucha, Wozniakowska, Jaszewska and so on...good players for league, which can play good matches and than have a period of terrible, which are called for some seasons in NT but show nothing special :)

• I think that players like Kaczorowska or Sieczka will take a way of Ciaskiewicz, Staniucha, Wozniakowska, Jaszewska and so on...good players for league, which can play good matches and than have a period of terrible, which are called for some seasons in NT but show nothing special :)

Totally agree. But I have to say, that Sieczka made a little progress and had quite good season. Kaczorowska, IMO had really good start of the season and I believed that she also made step forward, but the further she was worse and worse. I hope that this two girls won't be called to NT, maybe to a wide roster only.
    For me main OHs should: be healthy Werblińska, E. Skowrońska who had really good season, not first at all. Even Makowski said few names after 3rd final match between Sopot and Dąbrowa and she said few words about Ela in the context of NT and I hope she won't refuse this time. Than I would like to see Kasprzak. Generally she has problems with receive, but she is really good in attack. And next names are really big problem. I don't know how Kosek played this season, is it any chance to see Podolec playing good (?). For me Łyszkiewicz moves well on the field and she has big potential, but she also needs to learn a lot. I see a chance for Polak also, she is good and dynamic in offensive.
    Than my hope is laid in only younger girls. Mucha, Grejman, Głaz, Wójcik? Or even Damaske or Grzelak.

• POLAND NT 2013
    setter:
    Izabela Bełcik (ATOM Trefl Sopot), Joanna Wołosz ( Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio), Milena Radecka (Azerrail Baku), Dorota Wilk (ATOM Trefl Sopot) oraz Natalia Gajewska(ATOM Trefl Sopot).

receiver:
    Anna Werblińska (Muszynianka Muszyna), Kinga Kasprzak (Muszynianka Muszyna), Ewelina Sieczka (BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała), Anna Grejman (KS Pałac Bydgoszcz), Patrycja Polak (Impel Wrocław), Karolina Kosek (Yeşilyurt Stambuł), Koleta Łyszkiewicz (BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała), Aleksandra Wójcik (SMS PZPS Sosnowiec), Elżbieta Skowrońska (Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza), Justyna Raczyńska (Chemik Police) oraz Ewa Śliwińska (AGH Galeco Wisła Kraków).

hitter:
    Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata (Evergrande Volleyball), Katarzyna Konieczna (Impel Wrocław), Joanna Kaczor (Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza), Zuzanna Czyżnielewska (KS Pałac Bydgoszcz), Tamara Kaliszuk (Jedynka Aleksandrów Łódzki).

middle blocker:
    Maja Tokarska, Zuzanna Efimienko, Monika Martałek, Justyna Łukasik, Agnieszka Kąkolewska, Karolina Szymańska, Aleksandra Sikorska

libero:
    Paulina Maj, Krystyna Strasz, Agata Durajczyk i Dorota Medyńska.

source

• Full list: http://www.pzps.pl/32-osobowa-kadra-Makowskiego.html

No Skorupa, Zaroslinska, Bednarek-Kasza and Okuniewska. :down:

WTF?! I cannot understand his decision :white: Radecka instead od Skorupa? what a joke
    where is Damaske? Okuniewska and Bednarek :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :wall:
    and why he is call for girls from lower league?
    for me is ONE BIG JOKE !!!

• Makowski resigned from best setter, 2 starters in the middle, good option for opposite substitution and promising outside hitter, I don't get it :mad:. I hope that he will change his mind.

• For me the only missing player is Zaroslińska, after Montreux 2010 she was never really given a proper chance to show her skills (Matlak liked Kaczor way too much even though she showed nothing special - she had one good tournament in NT - EHC2009 and thats all). Never liked Skorupa so happy Radecka is back. Bednarek, Okuniewska - Its a post OG season so no need for them to play this year plus Bendarek is not as good as few years ago and Okuniewska imo didnt make such a greater progress as some people here say after last season in Italy (watched few games on Rai sport and she looked pretty bad in block - liked her play a lot better when she was in Bielsko). Also no Zenik but she probalby doesnt want to play in NT anymore which is shame, still the best polish libero - Maj imo doesnt compare. About Damaske - calm down people its not Cuba or China where often players start early and end NT career before their 25th birthday :lol:

• WTF?! I cannot understand his decision :white: Radecka instead od Skorupa? what a joke
    where is Damaske? Okuniewska and Bednarek :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :wall:

I read on orlen-liga.pl a few weeks ago that Kasia Skorupa didn't want to play in Polish NT. I don't know if it's true.
    Bednarek-Kasza will have knee surgery.
    Okuniewska - injury
    Zaroślinska - I don't know why she isn't in NT.

• Bednarek and Bera are out for injuries on 99 % but whats up with Skajka, Zebrowska and Zaroslinska :what: on the other hand a lot of young players which is definitely plus..and still some I dont personally like to watch (Kaczor, Konieczna.. :wall: )

• Skorupa said officially, that she is tired of season. Her absence will be big and main weakness.
    Bednarek has got healthy problems just like Bera, but case with Berenika is a bit dubious.
    And I just can't believe in same names. Gosh... Konieczna again, Kaliszuk!? Why not Smarzek or Damaske?

• Totally shocking roster ever :lol: Well, Bednarek and Okuniewska didn't perform well at the end of season due to injury so maybe that's why they're out of the roster. "No Skorupa" is a big surprise too but if she says she's tired, I can respect that. She must be really tired after having such a tough season in Azerbajdzan...

I hope Makowski tries Asja Wolosz as main setter...

Wolosz-Skowronska
    Martalek-Tokarska
    Werblinska-Grejman
    Maj

Not really strong, but still competitive...I hope Bednarek and Okuniewska somehow manage to come back before ECH.

• at least Bera hopefully, but Bednarek will have surgery so probably not ...MB´s look really weak by the duo Bednarek-Okuniewska, not even mention MB´s (Liktoras, Mroz, Skowronska, Pycia) in the past...