Polish NT 2013

• Does Skorupa claimed any excuse for her absence? :white:

The most likely reason is that Skorupa do not want to have any deals with Makowski. He always thought that Milena was better setter and it was almost his decision to remove Skorupa from WCH 2010 roster. Also he was selected as a coach (and Świderek fired) to give chance for Radecka to be main setter.

• Anna Werblińska confirmed to be part of NT (subject invitation from coach).
    I was sure she will join team as Glinka and Gajgał confirmed it earlier.

• Nice to hear that. Werblinska is the only polish OH who can receive and attack :whistle:

• List of 22 players for the qualifaction tournament for the World Championship:

libero: Medyńska, Strasz, Zenik
    setter: Bałdyga, Bełcik, Wołosz
    middle-blocker: Dziękiewicz, Efimienko, Anioł, Kakolewska, Tokarska
    outside hitter: Glinka-Mogentale, Kaczorowska, Mroczkowska, Sieczka, Werblińska, Wójcik, Skowrońska
    opposite: Kaczor, Kowalińska, Skowrońska-Dolata, Smarzek

Very good players. I'm happy to see Mroczkowska on the list, I didn't expect that. :thumbsup: I think I only miss Kurnikowska, Pyziołek and maybe Kasprzak.

• finally I`m happy with this roster :obey:
    maybe there should be Konieczna and Kurniskowska instead of Sieczka, but we can`t have everything... :wacko:
    and Smarzek :heart:

• Finally roster looks how it should look much time earlier :thumbsup: I'm happy seeing Zenik, Glinka, Werblińska, Gajgał, Dziękiewicz and Kowalińska here, only missing is Kasia Skorupa. The biggest surprise except youngsters (Bałdyga, Smarzek and Wójcik) are Mroczkowska (I didn't expect that she'll be in NT again 8o I really like her performances in Impel) and Kaczorowska.

Różycka, Polak, Kasprzak, Maj, Radecka aren't here and I think that we shouldn't regret it ^^

I agree with you Wojtek that Kurnikowska or Konieczna may be in NT instead of Sieczka, who's now after injury and still doesn't spike (we saw it in last 2 matches).
    Another player who can be out is Efimienko - though she's best blocker in league her spiking abilities... :whistle:

Pity that Magdalena Gryka decided to play for Germany :( seeing her game vs. Chemik it would be so nice to have her in NT for future :roll: but I hope that our setters will be enough for tournament (finally we won't see our star of delivering ball to MBs at the level of net - Radecka :lol: )

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• Why is Paulina Maj not there? Are the other liberos really all better than her?

Maj could be third here instead of Strasz, but definitely not as a starter in front of Mariola Zenik. Despite her age, she's still playing on the highest level. I would like to see also Agata Sawicka here, because she's also better than Maj. Medyńska is prospect for future and when she got a chance during WGP she played fantastic match, much better than Paulina. About Krysia Starsz: I'm a bit surprised seeing her in wide roster, because in league her reception could be better in this season, however both she and Ela Skowrońska had some injuries which don't allow them to show her best skills.

• Sawicka could be there also :whistle: Very strong roster indeed considering last 2-3 years rosters.

My starting six

Belcik - Skowronska
    Werblinska - Glinka
    Kakolewska- Dziękiewicz (Gajgal also in great shape but she is same type as Lena)
    Zenik

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Sawicka could be there also :whistle: Very strong roster indeed considering last 2-3 years rosters.

My starting six

Belcik - Skowronska
    Werblinska - Glinka
    Kakolewska- Dziękiewicz (Gajgal also in great shape but she is same type as Lena)
    Zenik

Having this players and home-advantage, it would a huge shame if Poland would not qualify directly to WCH :teach: :teach:

OMG, Skowronska, Glinka, Werblinska..... :white: :white:

• Nice to see Zenik (the best Polish libero), Kaczorowska (the best receiver aftter Werblińska?) and Mroczkowska (comeback to NT after 11 years!).

Good that some young players have been called but it's rather Makowski's smoke-screen. Now no one say that he doesn't introduce young players to the team. Anyway players like Smarzek or Bałdyga won't even come on traning camp. Only 14 players from this list will work together since 26th of December.

I'm not a great fun of Różycka and Maj but it's rather unfair to cut them from the roster. Especially that some weaker players like Strasz or Sieczka have been called. This season Różycka has quite good stats and her reception is not so horrible...I don't see her in starting six but she would be useful for example as a substitute for Glinka in background...

I expected Berenika Tomsia playing as MB last time...Her decision about switching position afects negatively on the level of NT so she should be called and treated as an univeral player (for example Kasia Skowrońska or Natalia Bamber played both as MB and OPP in Niemczyk's team).

• Is there any chance that Natalia Bamber would come back volleyball?

• Is there any chance that Natalia Bamber would come back volleyball?

Maybe, now she is caring about family - in Goldens match she didn't play at all because of pregnancy. I don't know which month was in September, so she will give or already gave a birth ^^ maybe in future she'll decide to come back :roll:

• I expected Berenika Tomsia playing as MB last time...Her decision about switching position afects negatively on the level of NT so she should be called and treated as an univeral player (for example Kasia Skowrońska or Natalia Bamber played both as MB and OPP in Niemczyk's team).

I agree.. I also expected to see her there.. IMO it's rather unfair not to call her.. although she changed position she could still play MB for NT, she was not some weak MB he was very good so I am very surprised

• final roster for January qualifications:
    Izabela Bełcik - Atom Trefl Sopot (rozgrywająca)
    Eleonora Dziękiewicz - Tauron MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza (środkowa)
    Katarzyna Gajgał-Anioł - Chemik Police (środkowa)
    Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale - Chemik Police (przyjmująca)
    Klaudia Kaczorowska - Atom Trefl Sopot (przyjmująca)
    Agnieszka Kąkolewska - Impel Wrocław (środkowa)
    Izabela Kowalińska - Chemik Police (atakująca)
    Dorota Medyńska - Impel Wrocław (libero)
    Katarzyna Mroczkowska - Impel Wrocław (przyjmująca)
    Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata - Rabita Baku (atakujaca)
    Maja Tokarska - Gorgonzola Igor Volley Novara (środkowa)
    Anna Werblińska - Chemik Polica (przyjmująca)
    Joanna Wołosz - Unendo Yamamay Busto Aristo (rozgrywająca)
    Mariola Zenik - Atom Trefl Sopot (libero)

• Choosing from this 22 it's probably the strongest line-up. Fortunately we won't see Efimienko, I'm happy to see Kasia Mroczkowska in final roster :thumbsup: From 22 players available OHs both Mroczkowska and Kaczorowska have quite stable reception, while Ela Skowrońska is undeperforming now :whistle:

• Kakolewska can be Glinka's daughter considering their age :D :D

Yeah, but Kąkolewska can learn a lot playing with Glinka :D