2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• American Opp Hayley Spelman from Telekom Baku moves to Banca Di Forlì.

And tonight she played some points already! :lol:

I'm surprised she is in Italy: she wasn't really outstanding in the NCAA, while in Baku she spent all her time on bench. Good blocker (most of all because she taller than almost every opponent), but very slow spiker.

• According to THIS Logan Tom is a new player of Ornavasso. She will play part-time, becuase she is studying in Firenze. There will be the press presentation into 2 weeks. She has to be in Firenze to study from monday to thursday morning, then she'll travel to Ornavasso and stay with the team from thursday evening to sunday. They found the agreement with both the player and the USA federation.

I'm just waiting for Logan to sign now. I can't wait! :cheesy:

Ravens, is there livestream of Ornavasso's weekend matches?

I thought she'd still be finishing up at Stanford.

• Arielle Willson to Lokomotiv baku

• Dominican OPP, Gina Mambru, signed with Criollas de Caguas in PR League. She's awaiting paperwork for her visa.

• I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Fernandinha (Fernanda Ferreira), Brazilian olympic champion, was "fired" by her coach in Barueri (SP). She and Fernanda Ísis (MB) haven't been in the team's roster for the past 4 matches, and will probably not be able to join any other team in Brazilian League in the rest of the season. The press says they were having problems with the rest of the team.

• I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Fernandinha (Fernanda Ferreira), Brazilian olympic champion, was "fired" by her coach in Barueri (SP). She and Fernanda Ísis (MB) haven't been in the team's roster for the past 4 matches, and will probably not be able to join any other team in Brazilian League in the rest of the season. The press says they were having problems with the rest of the team.

Here's a bit more (translated by google):

Olympic champion breaks the silence and tells how it was disconnected from Barueri last week, the news of the shutdown of Magaret and Fernanda Isis, Barueri, surprised everyone accompanying volleyball. Both of them were holding. At the time, Beth chose not to talk to the press. Today, the blog talked to Olympic champion lifter, who explained how it was communicated that decision.

- On Tuesday (11), coach (Maurice Thomas) brought together the entire group during a workout and told that we were being turned off by doing some kind of riot, to hurt him on the team. I said that wasn't true and that he was wrong. I went to the sports Secretary, Paulo Sérgio, and the team Director, Ferreira (Demetrius Ferreira Leite) and questioned about it. None of them said that he is aware of the statement of coach - Fernanda explained.

The setter told also that the President himself assured, during the conversation, the athletes wouldn't let the team and that a Board meeting on Thursday (13) would be marked, between the Presidency, coach and players, to resolve the situation.

- On the day of the meeting, the Mauritius did not appear. It was then that the President backtracked and announced that I'd play more for the team. I couldn't even defend myself from accusations. I left the team without knowing the real reason why everything was taking place. - regretted the athlete.

About the deal with the Club, Umar said that they asked her to choose: or receive salary until April, which is when the contract ends, or get a letter of clearance to play at another Club. She chose to receive the salary.

- I wanted to go out, not to stand by, but I had to choose to receive the remainder of the contract, after all, do I have to pay my bills - lamented.

The player ended the conversation saying that take care of the physical and personal projects. Fernanda wants to work with sets that use only products other than those of animal origin.

The Club's official position on the shutdown of the athletes, were words of coach Maurice Thomas, published by the press: "I have a lot of respect for the history and quality of athletes, but we arrived at a time when there are conflicts of ideas and ideals in the same group. And I, as Commander of the team, have identified the need to intercede and ended up taking the decision to turn off their athletes. No more ... Thanks "the blog tried to contact with Grêmio Recreativo Barueri this afternoon, but nobody answered.

• It was in fact really weird how the team managed all this situation but I really don't buy Fernandinha's words.
    She has had problems in other teams before, and well, I don't think she is that great setter she believes she is.
    I hope the best for her, but I tend to believe that the right thing was done for the team.

• She's already playing today...

Obviously, Azeri press is not happy with another signing by their teams signings.

http://www.apasport.az/news/87419

http://www.voleybolx.com/haber…n-lokomotiv-bakude/59734/

It seems there is more behind this signings. It says that she almost never played in azerrail. Then (in 2013/2014) contracted for 2 months but never played in igtisad, after that went to indonesia for 2 months but their she also got kicked out, and now she has signed with Lokomotiv. That makes 3 clubs in half season?? What a beautiful way from Igtisadi to Lokomotiv :lol: These clubs should make a pipeline of players between each other, so at least they don't touch other players.

Did anyone count how many players these clubs have contracted this season? ?(

• Igtisadchi has parted away with Chinese NT MB Yunwen Ma . I don't want even want to know what stories they come up this time to justify the part away :rolll: Poor bulent. And shame on those agents who brought those players there... :call: :white:

At the same time it makes angry as this doesn't stop... :down: Let's see if she ends up in lokomotib :rolll:

• what a horrible season for Chinese players playing in Europe :white:

Just not exactly in Europe - in Igtisadchi ;( (that makes it "1.25 players out" per month since October, so by end of April it should about 9-10 players out)

Also not only for Chinese players - for everyone who plays there :S

• The Azeri superleague is a big mess, especially this season. Igtisadchi was a strong team last season and i expected a lot from them this year, i don't know what's going on there.