2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• Fernanda Isis

Quoted from "Miguelwey"

Fernanda Isis to Azeryol Baku
    Where did you see it? There is no Brazilian press saying that yet.

I think it could be right. Cuz Azeryol needs a MB due to Jessica Jones got injury from her leg

• Serena Williams will comeback to Indian Wells after x years so Hooker also should comeback. To Ornavasso.

BTW Serena Williams won't come back to Indian Wells ;)

• Kind of late announcement but American OH Cynthia Barboza officially retired from professional and NT volleyball.

• Kind of late announcement but American OH Cynthia Barboza officially retired from professional and NT volleyball.

Cynthia Barboza

What kind of injury was it?

• What kind of injury was it?

Injury wasn't the reason for her retirement. She has a blog and she posted a lengthy response with saying that she has lost passion for the game and has decided to move on to pursue a career in marketing.

• No injuries. She was tired of being in competition for a spot in NT, tired to play for a club, tired about volleyball. She explaned it very well in her blog. It was a very honest confession. She always hated competitions and used to feel weird because of that. IMHO she was a big talent. I'll miss her.

• Sorry to hear that, she was talented. There are many American players who quit volleyball in early ages and try to pursue in different career. Mcginnis, Nnamani and so forth :S

• Sorry to hear that, she was talented. There are many American players who quit volleyball in early ages and try to pursue in different career. Mcginnis, Nnamani and so forth :S

Much of that has to do with the fact that there is no domestic professional league. While some of these players can make great money playing abroad it's difficult to be that far from home, family and friends for years on end. I think many European professional players take for granted the fact that they have high quality leagues either in their home countries or very close to them.

• The Criollas de Caguas released Gina Mambru. Apparently, her visa is taking too long and they're looking to sign another foreign player. However, once her visa is approved Mambru could still sign for another team in PR.

Source: El Nuevo Dia

• It seems that Stefania Okaka hasn't signed with Pavia yet and will probably never do.. her physical conditions are so bad that she can barely walk, that's why even the Finnish club cut her off.She's probably done as a player, only Pavia didn't know that.. knowing how unprofessional Okaka is, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to hide her injuries to get a contract, like she did in Finland, but it hasn't worked this time and even a poor and ridiculous club like Pavia (I hope Frackowiak and Renkema will find a better club next season!!) finally discovered the truth...

• The Criollas de Caguas released Gina Mambru. Apparently, her visa is taking too long and they're looking to sign another foreign player. However, once her visa is approved Mambru could still sign for another team in PR.

Source: El Nuevo Dia

They've found a replacement - the one and only - Destinee Hooker :box:

• And HERE is the article that confirms it.

• Good choice both by Hooker and Caguas :thumbsup: Destinee can come back to better shape in league with lower level and Falyn Fonoimoana won't be alone reliable spiker in team except Stephanie Enright who was absent in last games. Hooker will be definitely a starter because Genesis Collazo is much weaker :whistle: with Fonoimoana, Hooker and healthy Enright, Criollas will be favourite for title ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Poland is a better leage for destinee to get in shape, if i am a top class player i will regain my strenght on a mid level competition for example if i am an mlb pitcher who got injured i'll train with a aaa team rather than a single a team.