2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• No, he didn't. His players made that and payed for that. He does not lose matches on purpose, it is bad in the long haul. He had million chances for losing on purpose and didn't use them. If he was like the latino coaches we would compromise with Lazarov like Placi did.

Hah, yeah, perhaps you know much better ;) I hope you realize how ridiculous this sounds!

• raylight
    , I'm not a Dancho Lazarov supporter, quite the contrary, I think he needs to go.

I just think Stoychev should take a significant salary cut and remain in Trentino, as he owns his whole career to them. I would also like to see him try to build a team of lesser known players, not superstars like he had in his first season in Trentino (Winiarski, Grbic, Kaziyski, Nikolov). He seems to have good scouting on prospective players (Djuric, Vissotto), so why not accept a new challenge.

• raylight
    , I'm not a Dancho Lazarov supporter, quite the contrary, I think he needs to go.

I just think Stoychev should take a significant salary cut and remain in Trentino, as he owns his whole career to them. I would also like to see him try to build a team of lesser known players, not superstars like he had in his first season in Trentino (Winiarski, Grbic, Kaziyski, Nikolov). He seems to have good scouting on prospective players (Djuric, Vissotto), so why not accept a new challenge.

Or they own their success to him. We don't know what is the situation, if the salary cut is too drastic for a man with a family. We don't know if that is not idea of Trentino owner. Stoychev was inclined to stay there with a cut, so something must have happened.

• News from Friedrichshafen. First, Christian Duennes (German NT, 29-year-old, 207 cm, opposite, Generali Unterhaching) joins VfB. The transfer is a bit surprising to me as he wanted to move to Italy for the next season due to his Italian girlfriend. Duennes will have to fight for a starting position with Ventzi Simeonov, but for the time being, based on the newcomer status of Duennes, Moculescu might choose Simeonov. The club's website says Duennes might be tried on several positions and it is no secret he has done it successfully before. MB is not an unknown role for Duennes, but Moculescu might even experiment by offering Christian an OH position. I don't know how Duennes will fit in there, but Haching is currently rejuvenating their squad, so after all he didn't have much to choose from.

VfB already announced Svetoslav Gotsev earlier this summer. Another new signing is the allegedly promising talent Jan Zimmermann (German, setter, 190 cm, 20-year-old, VCO Berlin). This is where I see a huge problem for Moculescu. He had trouble with Zatko and Jovovic last season, now Zatko is leaving, Jovovic would be the first choice and Zimmermann steps in as a learner. If there is a position VfB has had difficulties matching up to the rest (in the Bundesliga or in Europe), it has been exactly the setter. The new situation I find even worse, because Jovovic will have no severe competition for the starting position - sometheing that was at least guaranteed by Zatko.

Moculescu's assistant Ulf Quell takes control over VC Mitteldeutschland. He was working with Moculescu for about 11 years, pretty much immediately after he ended his professional career. Now he will take his first steps as a head coach.

Juraj Zatko and Thomas Zass leave VfB. So will Jose Rivera and Victor Batista. Only Zatko has found a club, the Slovakian moves in to Poland and AZS Politechnika Warszawska.

Elsewhere in Germany:

It's only a rumour, but Berlin Recycling Volleys were surely interesting in contracting German NT member Marcus Boehme. Nothing new there, however.

Joel Bruschweiler (Switzerland, OH, 195 cm, 28-year-old, TV Ingersoll Buhl) goes back to his homeland to sign with the CL participant Lugano. Martti Juhkami (Estonian NT, 25-year-old, OH, Selver Tallinn) and Nick Vogel (USA, MB, 23-year-old, 208 cm, Panathinaikos Athens) join TV Ingersoll Buhl.

• I'm very curious how Halkbank's starting six will be. If they sign a foreign opposite player ,the club doesn't have any Turkish opposite right now, one of Kaziyski and Juantorena won't play in Turkish league because of the foreign-player rule. Madness!

• I read that Mosna is trying to keep Kaziyski. Stoychev, Juantorena and Raphael are sure for Halkbank, but only for a 1 year loan - if Mosna finds sponsors, they'll return in Trento next year.

• I'm very curious how Halkbank's starting six will be. If they sign a foreign opposite player ,the club doesn't have any Turkish opposite right now, one of Kaziyski and Juantorena won't play in Turkish league because of the foreign-player rule. Madness!

They have Subasi, right? Probably one of Matey, Osmany or him will paly as a "fake" opposite and they won't sign another foreigner

• Yes this an option,especially considering Subası is a left-handed ,opposite turned OH but I don't think Stoytchev will take any risk. They will sign a good opposite then they will study the options .
    Halkbank will divide into two. Glamorous ex- Trentino family who comes only for money, will leave next year if Mosna finds money and Turkish players who certainly won't like Stoytchev's excessive training sessions. Success isn't a certainty for Halkbank

• Yes this an option,especially considering Subası is a left-handed ,opposite turned OH but I don't think Stoytchev will take any risk. They will sign a good opposite then they will study the options .
    Halkbank will divide into two. Glamorous ex- Trentino family who comes only for money, will leave next year if Mosna finds money and Turkish players who certainly won't like Stoytchev's excessive training sessions. Success isn't a certainty for Halkbank

Lazy people don't get titles. Since Stoychev left our NT nobody beats high quality service regularly. The training is for a reason and with results. Rezende used to be even harsher with Brazil NT 2002-2006

• But Stoychev, Kaziyski and Huantorena are almost sure for Halbank. They are having talks in the club at the moment :(.

Really I don't want to believe this news :wall: Coz last year Osmany`s moving to Moscow was a drama and in the end he didn't accept to play there. Hope this year he and both of bulgarians won`t go anywhere.

• but Moculescu might even experiment by offering Christian an OH position

I don't think he will fit in this new position. He is tall and powerful enough, but, jumping ability, not enough. Besides, he could be limited in receiving. Opp and MB should be the two positions suit him best. As for other positions, I'm pessimistic.

• I don't think he will fit in this new position. He is tall and powerful enough, but, jumping ability, not enough. Besides, he could be limited in receiving. Opp and MB should be the two positions suit him best. As for other positions, I'm pessimistic.

The club's website states he is thinking about it, we'll see whether he will use it. But with Simeonov there... I doubt Duennes will have much game time as an opposite. And he is too good to stay on the bench in a German team for most of the season. However, in middle they have Gunthor, Gotsev already and now Duennes. It's not easier either. The only alternative I see is getting Gotsev out in the first games to see how it works, but the competition in the team is really strong. Which is a good thing if Moculescu wants to fight Berlin even if it will be difficult unless Jovovic develops as fast as possible. I was curious myself about this decision by Duennes, but he has the word there :)

• Dinamo Moscow lost both Kurek and Veres. Savani and Dante are still free. That would be a huge OH diagonal...

I really wonder where my two idols are gonna play... :S :wacko:

• Dinamo Moscow lost both Kurek and Veres. Savani and Dante are still free. That would be a huge OH diagonal...

Well, Moscow has already two foreign players, so it's quite impossible. I've heard Japan wants Dante, but I don't know exactly which club and maybe he's going to play there (I don't know how true it is).

• Well, Moscow has already two foreign players, so it's quite impossible. I've heard Japan wants Dante, but I don't know exactly which club and maybe he's going to play there (I don't know how true it is).

Lol, I forgot they signed Holt. :aww: