• Question: Why does USA team use backrow hitters to set the ball as opposed to using the MB or libero?

Logan Tom is the best all around player in the world. She can do everything well. And Jordan Larson is following her mate. In their system they had to set because they can do it better than Akinradewo and Harmotto. I wonder if Foluke problems with her eyes made Hugh use this sistem, but it has always worked very well. :teach:

I even heard somewhere Logan would like to play as setter the last years before she ritires. :win:

• Logan Tom is the best all around player in the world. She can do everything well. And Jordan Larson is following her mate. In their system they had to set because they can do it better than Akinradewo and Harmotto. I wonder if Foluke problems with her eyes made Hugh use this sistem, but it has always worked very well. :teach:

I even heard somewhere Logan would like to play as setter the last years before she ritires. :win:

Logan was setting even when Lindsay was subbed with Hanneef, just to block, and they left Hooker backrow so Logan came from the back and set.. I don't know which game was it but she set overhead to Hanneef. It was great.. and she said that in an interview - What other position would you like to play other than OH, she said setter

• Logan Tom is the best all around player in the world. She can do everything well. And Jordan Larson is following her mate. In their system they had to set because they can do it better than Akinradewo and Harmotto. I wonder if Foluke problems with her eyes made Hugh use this sistem, but it has always worked very well. :teach:

Foluke has no sight problem. She wear goggles to protect her eyes when blocking since she usually jumps over the net when she blocks. That's the reason why she takes it off when she serves.

As I've seen before, Foluke is not a setter material.

• Because Logan Tom is a great setter :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Yeah, why use anyone else when you have Logan on the team? :obey:

Still remember her set to Willoughby during the quaterfinal match agains Italy 8)

• Because Logan Tom is a great setter :thumbsup:

I wouldn't call her a great setter. ;)

I think she has a good awareness of the game and usually knows which hitters are available to hit and she does a decent job of sending the ball to them. No jumpsetting, nothing flashy,etc... just remembering the priority -- to make sure the set is hittable.

• I wouldn't call her a great setter. ;)

I think she has a good awareness of the game and usually knows which hitters are available to hit and she does a decent job of sending the ball to them. No jumpsetting, nothing flashy,etc... just remembering the priority -- to make sure the set is hittable.

And tell me one OH which is jump setting and making something flashy so that that OH can be called a great setter

• Sokolova has adopted the habit of jump-setting whenever she has to set over the last 2 years, but still I'd never call her "flashy" in terms of setting :D

Japan's Miyuki Takahashi used to be a very good setter, she could easily have played that as her main position, and also Saori Kimura could have developed into a setter earlier in her career.

• in Champions League playoffs, Sokolova had an amazing set to Neslihan, but Nesli sent the ball out :P I would call that set a "flashy" one :lol:

• Maiko Kano is also playing both setter and OH I

• Maiko Kano is also playing both setter and OH I

Yes, she changed position last year form WS to S, but it doesn't work well and she landed on Hisamitsu's bnech.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• in Champions League playoffs, Sokolova had an amazing set to Neslihan, but Nesli sent the ball out :P I would call that set a "flashy" one :lol:

The best was the guy Sokolova after the error of Darnel :aww:

• my goodness, than ks for this.

brings back memories, no? whatever hapened to willoughby, centoni and aguero? are they still active????

None of them are active in NT. Willoughby stopped playing for 2 years but she now plays club in Puerto Rico. Centoni is in France and Aguero is in Italy.