Brazil NT 2013

• Jaqueline, Sheila and Fabiana PROBABLY won´t be in the NT this year, according to Bruno Voloch (sometimes he guess things right :D ):

http://blogdobrunovoloch.blogo…eno-esta-fora-dos-planos/

What about the rumor Brazil NT will play friendlies against Dutch NT ??? :teach:

• Remind me… Where did that rumour come from?

From Jose Roberto Guimaraes, hardly a rumor :roll: And the interview with him was published on globo, not Voloch's blog.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/p…-favoritismo-em-2016.html

• Jaqueline, Sheila and Fabiana PROBABLY won´t be in the NT this year, according to Bruno Voloch (sometimes he guess things right :D ):

http://blogdobrunovoloch.blogo…eno-esta-fora-dos-planos/

Brazil would still remain a very strong team. Tandara, Natalia, Gabriela, Juciely and Adenizia can brilliantly replace the "old" stars for this year. But I'm sure Sheilla&Company will be back in 2014 for the World Championships that is the only trophy still missing from their fabulous palmares. :gone: :cup:

• Brazil would still remain a very strong team. Tandara, Natalia, Gabriela, Juciely and Adenizia can brilliantly replace the "old" stars for this year. But I'm sure Sheilla&Company will be back in 2014 for the World Championships that is the only trophy still missing from their fabulous palmares. :gone: :cup:

at 31/32 years of age, Juciely isn't really young... this will allow her to finally shine in the NT though. ^^

• at 31/32 years of age, Juciely isn't really young... this will allow her to finally shine in the NT though. ^^

I really like Juciely and she´s doing amazingly well at the Superliga. But unfortunately she´s not young and her height doesn´t help (184 cm). With the rising of Bia (189 cm), it´s difficult for her....

• Had they won the 2006 and 2010 World Championship, I believe Sheilla and Jacqueline would retire from NT for good. I mean its the only major title that Brazil and these good players still don't have. Fabiana would surely return and play for the next Olympic cycle with or without a WC title since she is not that old enough to retire. Its high time for Brazil to let the younger generation to take over. Never mind the results of the WGP, Grand Champions Cup, etc. what's more important is to develop these young talents for experience and focus on winning the 2014 WC and 2016 RIO OYMPICS. Please no more Paula and Fabi, let CAMILA BRAIT play as the main libero. Fernandinha and Fabiola are also not that young and should not be called anymore, they should probably call a young setter as substitute for Dani Lins (I DUNNO, BUT THE SETTER OF THE JUNIOR NT PERHAPS?) in order for her to also gain more experience as a setter at an early stage (like Fernanda Venturni and Fofao). But knowing Ze Roberto, the possibility of Fernandinha returning is a big possibility...

Bases on the London 2012 selection, i believe the following will be the starting players for Brazil in the years to come:

Setter: DANI LINS
    MB: FABIANA and THAISA
    OH: FE GARAY and NATALIA
    OPP: TANDARA
    Libero: CAMILA BRAIT

• I agree with you big time...but Im afraid the pressure for results and gold medals from press and supporters can make this new generation rising harder. hope not though..Its time for some new faces in NT in my opinion.

• You're forgetting GABRIELA GABI GUIMARAES!!! :cheesy:

• You're forgetting GABRIELA GABI GUIMARAES!!! :cheesy:

Gabi will be playing this beginning of year with Junior NT. So I dont know when exactly she will be free to adult NT. But I think its quite a possibility she is called if the schedules don't match.

• I think this year will be totally for observing new athletes in various positions. Brazil still have some young players that have some experience on adult competitions (Natalia, Tandara and Daroit) and even younger that are already showing up (Gabriela and Rosamaria).

About Gabi, Junior WCH is on June, so she can be in the Grand Prix (August) and U23 WCH (October) for sure!!!

• I'm hoping this is the Brazil lineup this year if Fabiana, Sheila, Jaqueline, Thaisa, Fabi and Fernandinha rest out.

Setters:
    -Dani Lins
    -Priscilla Heldes
    -Roberta

Middle Blockers
    -Adenizia
    -Andressa
    -Natasha
    -Ana Beatriz Silva Correa "Bia"

Opposite
    -Rosamaria Montibeller
    -Tandara
    -Ju Nogueira

Spikers:
    -Fe Garay
    -Gabi
    -Priscilla Daroit
    -Natalia

• you forgot:
    SETTER:Ju Carrijo
    MB: Angelica

• This year Brazil NT will work hard. With the absence of the stars like Sheilla, Jaqueline, Thaisa and Fabiana, Ze Roberto should call the new generation and develop the skills of our young players. Dani Lins should stay as first setter to gain more and more confidence. Garay, Adenizia and Natalia call the resposabilities this season, they are veterans now.
    S: Dani Lins, Roberta (maybe Fernandinha will be back?)
    OPP: Tandara, Ju Nogueira
    OH: Fe Garay, Pri Daroit, Natalia, Gabi
    MB: Adenizia, Andressa, Natasha, Angelica
    L: Camila Brait, Tassia

• This year Brazil NT will work hard. With the absence of the stars like Sheilla, Jaqueline, Thaisa and Fabiana, Ze Roberto should call the new generation and develop the skills of our young players. Dani Lins should stay as first setter to gain more and more confidence. Garay, Adenizia and Natalia call the resposabilities this season, they are veterans now.
    S: Dani Lins, Roberta (maybe Fernandinha will be back?)
    OPP: Tandara, Ju Nogueira
    OH: Fe Garay, Pri Daroit, Natalia, Gabi
    MB: Adenizia, Andressa, Natasha, Angelica
    L: Camila Brait, Tassia

Wow I love Garay, Gabi, Tandara and Natalia :heart: ...Brazil has so many high level players that it can be competitive even without the "old" golden generation. :cheesy: Only USA is comparable to Brazil from this point of view.. I wish also Italy was like this, even though I can't complain about the new Italian generation (Bosetti sisters, Diouf, Folie, Pisani and Italian liberos are precious jewels) but still I envy Brazilian and American wide range of very high level players especially in the setter key-role.

• Oh My God! Andressa and Natasha?? NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!
    The two had a disastrous performance by Amil Volleyball / Campinas in Superliga 12/13 and surely one of them will be waived because Zé Roberto has hired a great Angelica. The experienced Walewska will renew and then left one more vacancy.
    Sheilla, Fabiana and Jaqueline will not play in any official competition this year and probably not too Thaísa and Fabi.
    The perfect call with 18 players:
    Setters: Dani Lins, Ana Tiemi, Juliana Carrijo
    Opposites: Tandara,Joyce e Rosamaria
    Central: Adenízia, Juciely, Angelica,Carla and Letícia Hage
    Wing Spiker: Garay, Natalia, Dairot, Gabi and Ellen
    Liberos: Brait e Tássia

• I just saw this on Bruno Voloch's blog and was shocked to say the least. I knew there was a rivalry between the Brazilians and Russians but Paula Pequeno's comments were a bit harsh during a Twitter interview:

“É chata, nojenta, não dá autógrafo para ninguém e ainda odeia o Brasil. Ela disse, publicamente, que não gosta das brasileiras, que não gosta do Brasil”.

She's(Gamova) boring/bad (chata is hard to translate into English) , disgusting, she doesn't give autographs to anyone and she hates Brazil. She said, publicly, that she doesn't like Brazilian women , that she doesn't like Brazil."

Someone needs to get Paula Pequeno a publicist!