Brazil NT 2013

• Klineman in Pesaro was just good spiker. Her reception was just bad. She was something like a Megan Hodge 2.0!

She grown a lot in Villa Cortese. Now she can pass better, but it is still not enough.

• OK I see you don't get my point, I don't want this to seem like it's a fight... I understand you, we have different opinions... I wanna see Brazil plying with younger players that's all... we'll see how Gabi (1994), Bia (1992), Ellen (1991), Letícia (1990) and Ivna (1990) will play when they have a chance against good teams ( if they have in near future :whistle: )
    You got it wrong you keep telling me how better Brazil is then USA.. ok I'm not discusing it...

• I was reading through a lot of the comments and I mostly agree with NobodyKnows. I think that a lot of the Brazilian players are still young and they MIGHT still play good for a longer while.

I don't think that we will see a Brazilian team playing at major tournaments with the roster completely devoid of veteran players unless Ze Roberto is replaced as a coach. I think that only happened during the transition between Leila Barros/Virna Diaz generation to the Mari/Paula/Sheila generation. I remember seeing Fabi, Sassa, Sheila play in the Philippines during that period and they really played bad. They were still adjusting. But they turned out well after a couple of years.

I just think that Ze Roberto values winning that's why he does not radically alter his rosters. But just to give credit to Ze, he did give Daroit, Hage, the twins, Adenizia, and Juciely a chance to start in the recent tournaments. I also agree that putting Garay in the games was an overkill. But then again, she was needed to stabilize the team which is still a logical reason.

As to the comments about the US way of doing things, they have been through a lot of changes in Coaches so lots of new players came and went by. They only started doing well when Lang Ping came in. Prior to that, they always have the same faces - ahmow-santos, Scott-Arruda, Logan Tom, Haneef, Tara Cross-Battle, Sykora. When McCutcheon came in, they started to debut the NCAA players - the Penn State, Stanford, Nebraska generation because they needed new blood. That was commendable because they really had a good team going forward. The problem is, they fell short of expectations - WC, London Olympics, most likely due to lack of experience of the new players in tough "finals-type" atmosphere. I'm referring to Hooker, Harmotto, Akinradewo, Larson. Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing the US way of doing things. I am just pointing out that making newbies play with veterans makes them better players.

As to what will happen to Brazil after Thaisa and the others retire, that's the problem of the next Brazil coach, let's leave it at that. All arguments about the future is moot at this point since all we can do is predict.

It's just the beginning of the current Olympic cycle so the other young Brazilan players can still play in the upcoming tournaments. Let's not be too hasty in our judgement and not too worried about the future. :)

• I can't wait for these Brazilian players to develop (aside from the newbies who played in Alassio and Montreux)
    Rosamaria Montibeller
    Gabi
    Sara Silva
    Valquiria (blocker)

• OK I see you don't get my point, I don't want this to seem like it's a fight... I understand you, we have different opinions... I wanna see Brazil plying with younger players that's all... we'll see how Gabi (1994), Bia (1992), Ellen (1991), Letícia (1990) and Ivna (1990) will play when they have a chance against good teams ( if they have in near future )
    You got it wrong you keep telling me how better Brazil is then USA.. ok I'm not discusing it...

Who played Pan American Cup for Brazil this year? Our Youth team. Who played it last year? Our Youth team. Who played it in 2010? The Youth team. Pan American Cup is a sênior competition. When I'm saying brazilian development process starts soon, you shouldn't understand that brazilian youth teams only plays against youth ones. All these players debut in the senior level when they were 18 or 19 years old. When they are playing with the youth team, aside Superliga experience, they already have the experience of playing in senior level. It's usual here. A lot of brazilian players usually had their first experience in senior competitions with 18 or 19 years and is what I'm talking about. The fact that they didn't play Alassio Cup this year didn't mean they never played senior competitions. Alassio is a friendly tournament. All them or most of them already played official competitions at the senior level and this is what I'm trying hard to explain to you when I'm saying that brazilian development process didn't start at the senior level. CBV don't expect players arrive at the senior team to make such experiences. Who are the american roster to Pan American Cup this year? USA played not with the main players, but they played with a senior team, not young. Alisha Glass, Megan Hodge, Nicole Fawcett and so forth are senior players, right? Dominican Republic, Argentina and other countries played not only with the senior team but with their main players, isn't?
    Brazil was there with Gabi, Rosamaria, Giovana, Dani and so on. They are a Youth team. This players are 18 and 19 years old and they already made their debut in the senior level. Bia (1992), Letícia (1990), Ivna (1990) etc, aside their young age already had the opportunity to play for Brazil at senior competitions. This is usual in the brazilian development process. If one of these players could play Grand Prix this years depends on what they will show in their training, but you can't think that their debut at the senior level will happen now. Bia generation, Letícia generation and so forth already had their experiences.
    Bia played the 2010 Pan American Cup when she was only 17. All teams was there withe their senior team. USA played with Megan Hodge, Heather Bown, Nancy Metcalf and so on that is a senior team, right? The same for Cuba, Dominican Republic, Argentina etc and they played with their main players.
    When brazilian players have 15, 16 etc CBV select them and offer them all their structure to develop as a player. It's very unfair to say that Brazil give a damn to their youngers, don't give them opportunity to develop etc. CBV makes more than bring them to Alassio Cup (do you really think this is so important?) because they give them all their structure to develop as a player since they are very young. They give them competitions much more important than Alassio Cup to play and pay everything sooner.
    The question is: only a few players from each generation reach the NT level. Some generations offer more, others aren't that good. Did you get it now?

Gabi is only 19, right? Do you think this year is her first opportunity to play a senior competition (Grand Prix)? Of course not. As I said before, she played Pan American Cup this year, a senior and oficial competition. It wasn't her first experience. Last year she played too when she was only 18. Richards, Glass, Metcalf, Gibbemeyer, Lloyd and so on was there to play for USA. It's a senior competition.
    She was playing so well 2 seasons ago that Brazil invited her to play Yeltsin Cup and she was only 18, got it?
    There she played against Italy (Lo Bianco, Gioli, Arrighetti, Costagrande, Del Core and so on), Russia (Gamova, Goncharova, Estes, Startseva, Borodakova, Perepelkina and so forth) etc.
    Do you want to watch it?
    Brazil X Italy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHBDhh7BzY
    Brazil X Russia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txIgz7CIDMY

Don't say 'Brazil don't give their players opportunities to develop and play', you are being very unfair.

• Yes. Sorry, it was a lack.

But I think MBs aren't our problem... we have good promissing girls plus Thaisa(26) and Ade(27)
    Angélica has strong attack can learn a lot with Gattaz and Wal next season,
    Bia is a rising star and Valquiria can be a good choice after the retiring of our main MB...
    i'd like to see Carla playing in U23 World Championship or in brazilian B team next summer,
    she's very tall, young and was one of the best blockers this season

• Just wanted to make clear my statment and opinion, I dont question weather Brazil will be succesfull or not in future, or even If they are doing a good job to replace the old players that are now ahead our team. (though of course I do think that given the inexperienced players more chances to play would help in that process)

I just think it is a waste not to use inexperienced players in small competitions with adult team...Im not caring about future results exclusive. I dont think that makes actually difference for Brazil as team result if these players receive such opportunity, cause we have many players, but it could be! I think that for these players would be once in a life time opportunity to play these tournaments and they would grow as athletes.

Michele for example..probably wont ever have the chance to play in main team NT, but would really cost our Olympic gold medal if she could have the chance to play Alassio for example? No. And that would be an amazing experience for her? Yes....it would be good for her to grow as an athlete, could be really good for our league if that happened, for example, so why not do it?

Monique...she would probably never receive a chance If Tandara had not injuried right? lets be honest....but she had to play cause there was no other way....and how much she could enjoy that opportunity..she showed she is in great phase, in a way many people think she could even be better than Tandara right now for Brazil...and we would never know that if she had not received the chance to play...

that is why I think would be really good to test new players in Nt, even if we dont need them in future..or to win anything. Maybe we are wasting a chance to have more quality players not only for NT but for the league. Im not saying they should play big tournaments right ahead, but small ones...would not make any difference for Brazil..so why not do it? :drink:

• Joana, you got my point, I totally agree :drink: inexperienced girls should get a chance :thumbup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• No that makes any difference, but just to keep the information correct. Brazil played 2010 with Junior team, we ended 8º and almost was out of World Grand Prix, we didnt cause we received a wild card. Then the next year we played with main team, Sheilla was the MVP in competition. Than, last year we played with a B team..not the Junior team. But we must consider it was the Olympic year, and the competition ended end of July just between Grande Prix and the start of Olympic Games...so no qualified teams actually played with first team. ;)

• oh good for gabi guimares and ana bia playing in the pan american cup 2010 they matured as players 2 year later 8)

• if i remember correctly, fe garay also killed russia in that match... also, that huge kill of hers that'd made it brazil 12-9, but instead was called out, and it was 11-10...

all this brings back memories of how bad and pathetic brazil was in pool play (specially losing to korea 3-0), and finishing 4th, perhaps unfair to russia (not to mention unfair to turkey).

• Sheilla's birthday party :D

• I guess so... I remember that during the Olympics and after London, when there was all this case about Ze not taking Mari to London and how the atmosphere in the team was bad, both Sheilla and Mari said that they've been texting each other all the time, giving each other support (and Sheilla confirmed what Mari said about Ze) and so on. And that last season, when Mari got injured so many times in Fenerbahce, I think I remember some twitts from Sheilla about her support for Mari.

• if i remember correctly, fe garay also killed russia in that match... also, that huge kill of hers that'd made it brazil 12-9, but instead was called out, and it was 11-10...

all this brings back memories of how bad and pathetic brazil was in pool play (specially losing to korea 3-0), and finishing 4th, perhaps unfair to russia (not to mention unfair to turkey).

That's right! It drives me crazy.:mad:It was one foot in and the referee got it out. :hit: The ball didn't touch the line. :aww: They don't make this kind of mistakes even after a man spike. I go crazy cause in volleyball it really sucks. The referee don't let one team to score and give one point to the other that makes two by difference. :wall: It happened at the World Championship during tie-break against Russia too.

The match against South Korea was the point of no return to us. Anybody expected it. After that match I thought 'Turkey is out' because I didn't believe they could defeat USA. If we had won, USA (1st), Brazil (2nd), China (3th) and Turkey (4th) had been qualified. Nonetheless, South Korea was playing really well and deserved to progress.

I think unfair fits more to Sokolova. She was the best russian player at the quaterfinals but didn't receive well our last two services.

Sheilla amazing :super:
    Thaisa was the second best player of the match :rose: :rose: :rose:

Hats off to her too. :obey: She scored 24. Borodakova, Perepelkina and Fabiana scored 26 altogether.
    Thaisa was brilliant. :drink: Spike is child's play to her.