Italian NT 2013

• Diouf is the only Italian who can score lots of points, she is absolutely necessary in our NT.

• 8| Where's care bossetti, I thought she was high on most radars back in 2011?

Cate Bosetti at the moment is not a player who can play in Italian NT, she has huge talent but in the last months the level of her perfomances dropped a lot... I don't know what is going on with her, actually I'm a bit worried about her physical conditions... she is too skinny IMO, hope it's nothing serious. She needs to develop her muscles and eat regularly if she wants to become a top player, talent is not enough without a strong body :S

• I WANT ITALY NT 2014

Coach : Lorenzo Micelli OR Macro Bonetta

OH : Piccinini , L.Bosetti , C.Bosetti , Costragrande
    OPP : Diouf , Ortolani
    MB : Arrighetti , Barazza , Leggeri
    S : Ferretti , Camera
    L : Cardullo or Merlo

• Caterina Bosetti is not doing as expected. Costagrande has done as volleyball player. Leggeri retired from NT in 2004. Diouf is a weak player. Ortolani is totally out of shape. Ferretti and Camera won't play because Mencarelli wants to keep safe Lo Bianco as starter, so he's going to make play just weak setters like Signorile. Arrighetti lately is as poor as her team.

I would call these players, but it won't ever happen.

S: Ferretti (best italian setter of the last years, no doubt) Rondon (she's doing very well, one of the most improved player, she deserves)
    OH: Piccinini (best italian player ever), Lucia Bosetti (she's the biggest OH talent now), Di Iulio (she's doing great), Fiorin (she's better than the others) or Caterina Bosetti (if she performes better than lately)
    MB: Barazza (she is the MB), Chirichella (italian rising star in the position), Arrighetti (just because she's better the the others) + Garzaro/Folie/Pisani/Calloni *
    OPP: Sorokaite (she's the most regular player on this position for Italy) Zago (the most talented player on the position for Italy)
    L: Cardullo (God, save the Queen!), Sirressi/Carocci (hard choice, but I think they are most talented receivers after Cardullo)

* Garzaro and Folie are not as good as they used to be. Pisani and Calloni are very good, but badly injured. There's Crisanti wasting time on bench. It is hard to find good MBs.

• Caterina Bosetti is not doing as expected. Costagrande has done as volleyball player. Leggeri retired from NT in 2004. Diouf is a weak player. Ortolani is totally out of shape. Ferretti and Camera won't play because Mencarelli wants to keep safe Lo Bianco as starter, so he's going to make play just weak setters like Signorile. Arrighetti lately is as poor as her team.

8| :down: What are you saying? Diouf is a scoring machine and thanks to her Bergamo is 2nd ranked team in Italy.
    Arrighetti is currently one of the best blockers and best spiker in Italian league.
    Both will be starters at WCH next year, and both deserve that.

• For NT we may see all experienced players, I won't be surprise if whole old guard will come back, maybe except Del Core - has she already retired from NT? Curious thing will be position of back-up setter, Ferretti would be the best choice, but it's almost certain that we won't see her there. The most probable as back-up can be Noemi Signorile, I don't know if Mencarelli wants to try Rondon - I don't know how she performs now, reading opinions it seems that she finally improved :thumbup:

If we include all experienced players except Ferretti and Del Core line-up can be this:
    S: Lo Bianco, Signorile
    OP: Diouf, Sorokaite (Ortolani has chances only if she improves)
    OH: Costagrande, L.Bosetti, Piccinini, Fiorin
    MB: Arrighetti, Guiggi, Gioli, Barazza
    L: Cardullo, De Gennearo

It's only a prediction, in wide roster we would see Camera, Rondon ?, Zago, C.Bosetti, Tirozzi, Chirichella, Folie, Sirressi, Merlo ?

I forgot about Di Iulio :aww:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Gioli??? Hell no! First of all, she is playing as OPP now (her deepest desire in life it seems), and neither there nor as MB she is anymore on a level to help NT. And it's hard to imagine Lo Bianco and Piccinini in the same team again :D

• Gioli??? Hell no! First of all, she is playing as OPP now (her deepest desire in life it seems), and neither there nor as MB she is anymore on a level to help NT. And it's hard to imagine Lo Bianco and Piccinini in the same team again :D

Maybe it's just my wont with Gioli :whistle:

So instead we can have Folie or Chirichella here and possibly if Piccinini and Lo Bianco don't want to play together then as OH Tirozzi or C.Bosetti because I won't imagine that Leo won't get the chance to play in WCH at home last time in life. The best would be reconciliation of Leo and Fran, but we won't see it. If Lo Bianco would be out then wh for back-up? Rondon or Camera?

• Come on, No Gioli please. Also I think if both of them (Leo and Picci) are called, one of them will reject the call. I really hope Mencarelli will realize what kind of a player he really needs.

I don't like Diouf's kind of players (tall but extremely slow and no specific skilled) but obviously she is needed. Ortolani is totally out of shape and Sorokaite isn't very stable either. Some italian fans must miss Togut or Aguero I guess.

So, here comes my hopeful roster for Italy.

S - Ferretti, Rondon (I agree with raven#7, Rondon is playing a great season so far. I have nothing to complain about Ferretti. She really is the italian setter.)

OPPs - Diouf, Zago

MBs - Arrighetti, Barazza, Folie, Guiggi

OHs - Piccinini, Di Iulio, Fiorin, Lucia Bosetti

Liberos - Cardullo, Merlo or Sirressi

• 8| :down: What are you saying? Diouf is a scoring machine and thanks to her Bergamo is 2nd ranked team in Italy.
    Arrighetti is currently one of the best blockers and best spiker in Italian league.
    Both will be starters at WCH next year, and both deserve that.

Lately the only thing she's showing is her angry face and the pissed off way she watches her mates after they have mistakes.

I don't really like this kind of attitude. And think she is poor lately. How many bleeding mistakes has she every match? How many times does she spikes on the net? Arrighetti was much more better than this.

Diouf is not the kind of player I like. She is just a tall girl spiking hard, nothing more. If this is a talent, could you tell what Ortolani was at her age with that outstanding body and physical strenght?

• Sorry Raven, but now Diouf deserves for the place in NT. Maybe it's because of height and lot of strength, but she's scoring machine just like Bociek in ZAKSA. The second one will be between Sorokaite and Zago because Ortolani is still out of shape.

Arrighetti is still also among top players on her position, maybe her performance looked a bit worse because Yamammay overall plays quite poor except Buijs, sometimes Wołosz, Marcon or Arrighetti. Her attitude in matches is another thing to consider :whistle:

• What is the current shape of Sorakaite? I also don't like Diouf-like players who doesn't have any fundamental skills (Gamova is the only exceptional tall player who has a decent level of reception, defence and block skills) However, let's face it Diouf is the only real Italian Opp except Centoni who is still on a very good level despite of her age. :rose:

• What is the current shape of Sorakaite? I also don't like Diouf-like players who doesn't have any fundamental skills (Gamova is the only exceptional tall player who has a decent level of reception, defence and block skills) However, let's face it Diouf is the only real Italian Opp except Centoni who is still on a very good level despite of her age. :rose:

Gamova's reception? lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

But yes, hard OPP is hard to find in Italy, I think mainly because they are either raw or in poor physical condition. What makes Gamova so good in my opinion is her speed. She is surprisingly fast so she can hit many types of shots with ease. Zhu Ting from China and Blair Brown from USA are also similar in that they are quick with their feet. In my opinion Sorokaite should be the starting OPP and Diouf should be back-up until she develops the important techniques needed. Last thing I want to see is another Tayyiba Haneef-Park.

• Gamova's reception? lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

But yes, hard OPP is hard to find in Italy, I think mainly because they are either raw or in poor physical condition. What makes Gamova so good in my opinion is her speed. She is surprisingly fast so she can hit many types of shots with ease. Zhu Ting from China and Blair Brown from USA are also similar in that they are quick with their feet. In my opinion Sorokaite should be the starting OPP and Diouf should be back-up until she develops the important techniques needed. Last thing I want to see is another Tayyiba Haneef-Park.

Have you ever watched her receiving? :roll:

• I'm watching Gamova since more than 10 years and I've never seen her receiving ?( Not receiving serves I mean...

When Gamova gets old and her knees get weak, she and Sokolova will have to compete for Russian NT libero position :lol: :lol: :lol:

• My Italia NT 2014

OH: Piccinini - Lucia Bosetti - Di Iulio - Tirozzi - Barcellini - Sara Loda
    OP: Ortolani - Zago
    S: Ferretti - Camera
    MB: Crisanti - Arrighetti - Calloni - Barazza
    LÍ: Cardullo - Leonardi