Italian NT 2013

• Oh I forgot about the other two 2011 Junior World Champions...

Lotti (OH) plays in Montichiari(A2), but I don't see her as a future member of senior NT.

Bianchini (left-handed OH) plays in San Casciano(A2), she's very talented and can have a future in senior NT.

• Italy have a big problem for this olympic cicle. They can't keep Gioli, Lo Bianco, Picci, Del Core, Cardullo, Costagrande and Barazza. A LOT of old players in only one team (age doesn't mean that they're playing badly, but we can't know anything about their future... this girls are too young for life, but not for another olympic cicle). If I could be Mencarelli this should be my team:

S: Camera, Rondon, Ferretti;
    OPP: Ortolani (for the following years), Diouf;
    OH: C. Bosetti, L. Bosetti, Barcellini, Di Iulio, Saccomani, Sorokaite;
    MB: Arrighetti, Guiggi, Folie, Garzaro;
    L: De Gennaro, Merlo;

my team would:
    S: Ferretti,Bechis,Rondon
    OH:C.Bosetti,L.Bosetti,Sorokaite,Di Iulio,Barcellini and Piccinini only for the next future,not for a long program
    OPP:Ortolani,Diouf,Zago
    MB:Arrighetti,Folie,Guiggi,Garzaro,Chirichella,Pisani
    L.Merlo,Sirressi,De Gennaro

really similar to your one!

• At the moment ww don't know anything official... They are suppositions!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Seems the players already received the invitation for NT. Some clubs are annoucing their players that have been called. And looks Mencarelli really going for a Young Team And giving space for new names.

So far is knows that opp Valentina Zago, mb Floriana Bertone And Marika Bianchini received invitations.

Via legavolleyfemminile.it news.

• Seems the players already received the invitation for NT. Some clubs are annoucing their players that have been called. And looks Mencarelli really going for a Young Team And giving space for new names.

So far is knows that opp Valentina Zago, mb Floriana Bertone And Marika Bianchini received invitations.

Via legavolleyfemminile.it news.

I think these names, Bertone and Bianchini, will be considered only for the Mediterranean Games and the Under23 WCH.
    No way they will play in the Euro Championships.
    Only Zago, among these names, may have some chances for the ECH...since Ortolani is pregnant and Italy needs another Opp besides Diouf.

• Saccomani in NT ? :white: :white: :white:
    You are certainly joking ! Or I'm wrong and I landed on a blog about fashion models ?
    What did Saccomani to be in NT ?
    For the moment she is a poor spiker and a ugly receiver !

• Yes Italian NT needs younger players
    2013 could be a strange year but Mencarelli has to try a bunch of new players besides some experienced ones who could help for the transition : Arrighetti, Barazza, Lo Bianco, di Iulio, Merlo and some others.

• of course Bosetti sisters will be in ... :wavy:

• I think these names, Bertone and Bianchini, will be considered only for the Mediterranean Games and the Under23 WCH.
    No way they will play in the Euro Championships.

Sure !
    As usual there will be several NT next summer !

• So probably no Lo Bianco in NT for this year . Here her interview on SkySport24 with Dallari , the part of NT :
    "Ho incontrato in questi giorni il nuovo ct Marco Mencarelli,e stiamo riflettendo sull'opportunità di prendere un anno di riposo: non accade da 15 anni, e forse dovrei staccare un po' la spina per essere al top il prossimo anno, quello del Mondiale in Italia.Certo mi fa effetto pensare di passare un'estate senza pallavllo giocata, ma forse è giunto il momento di prendermi una piccola pausa. Poi nel 2014 darò tutta me stessa per ben figurare in un appuntamento importantissimo per tutto il movimento: dovremo essere brave a gestire la pressione, ma dovremo fare un grande risultato"."

• Italian NT starts with preparations on 6 May in Milano. Coach Mencarelli will work with Caterina Bosetti, Raphaela Folie, De Genaro, Signorile, Tirozzi, Sirressi, Alessia Gennari and with girls from A2 Marika Bianchini and Floriana Bertone.

• Gennari? 8| What I remember from her games is that she gets blocked and misses simple balls...

• Gennari? 8| What I remember from her games is that she gets blocked and misses simple balls...

I agree she's not a world class OH and probably will never be... but she's not that bad, come on!
    For Under23 WCH she is ok!
    The OHs for ECH should be Costagrande, Bosetti sisters, Barcellini and Di Iulio..

• I agree she's not a world class OH and probably will never be... but she's not that bad, come on!
    For Under23 WCH she is ok!
    The OHs for ECH should be Costagrande, Bosetti sisters, Barcellini and Di Iulio..

Barcellini and Di Iulio played a fabulous season. They totally deserve their space in NT :drink:

• I know, It's late! :whistle: Yesterday was Martina Guiggi's 29th birthday. Tantissimi Auguri, Marti!!!! Buon Compleanno! :mirror: :heart:

• FRom Foppa: Merlo, Di Iulio and Diouf were invited for NT. ;)

Update on Merlo, she is ok! :) She will make another exam today, but for now fracture was excluded. She had a torsion followed by a lot of pain in her lower back, but she will be fine! :)

Happy to see them in NT. :)