China NT 2013

• Only in Macao,
    In Hongkong, they may return.
    Zeng Chunlei's receive is not very good.
    So are Liu Xiaotong, Zhu Ting and Liu Yanhan.
    So I think Lang Ping should take Zhang Lei and Liu Dan in order to get the better receive.

PS: Liu Dan was a libero when she started playing volleyball.

but Zhang Lei's reception is disaster.

• News: Liu Yanhan can't go to Macao due to her passport.

Hui Ruoqi may enter the list of people to Macao.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• The offical Chinese roster in Macao of WGP:

S: Shen Jingsi, Yao Di
    OP: Zhang Lei, Liu Dan
    OH: Wang Yimei, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiaotong
    MB: Ma Yunwen, Qiao Ting, Liu Congcong
    L: Zhang Xian, Chen Zhan

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• The offical roster of WGP in Hong Kong:

S: Shen Jingsi, Wang Na
    OP: Zeng Chunlei, Zhang Lei
    OH: Hui Ruoqi, Yin Na, Zhu Ting, Wang Yimei
    MB: Xu Yunli, Yang Junjing, Ma Yunwen, Liu Congcong
    L: Shan Danna, Zhang Xian

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• S: Yao Di (Tianjin) Cheng Long (Shandong) Zhou Yujie (Army)
    OP: Gu Xinwei (Shanghai)
    OH: Yang Jie (Shanghai) Zhang Yichan (Shanghai) Wang Lin (Shandong) Wang Huimin (Zhejiang) Pi Yanchi (Guangdong) Liu Yanhan (Army) Wang Qi (Army)
    MB: Qiao Ting (Beijing) Wang Jiamin (Tianjin) Zhang Xiaoya (Sichuan) Liu Peixin (Army)
    L: Wang Ying (Shandong) Lin Li (Fujian)

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• S: Yao Di (Tianjin) Cheng Long (Shandong) Zhou Yujie (Army)
    OP: Gu Xinwei (Shanghai)
    OH: Yang Jie (Shanghai) Zhang Yichan (Shanghai) Wang Lin (Shandong) Wang Huimin (Zhejiang) Pi Yanchi (Guangdong) Liu Yanhan (Army) Wang Qi (Army)
    MB: Qiao Ting (Beijing) Wang Jiamin (Tianjin) Zhang Xiaoya (Sichuan) Liu Peixin (Army)
    L: Wang Ying (Shandong) Lin Li (Fujian)

...There is U23 competition? And why is there no Zhu Ting there?

• ...There is U23 competition? And why is there no Zhu Ting there?

The senior team needs her more.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• S - Chen Xintong (Tianjin) Sun Haiping (Liaoning) Sun Wenjing (Shandong)
    OP - Yang Fangxu (Shandong) Liu Peiyi (Jiangsu)
    OH - Song Meili (Shandong) Xu Ruoya (Jiangsu) Duan Fang (Liaoning) Wang Yunlu (Army)
    MB - Wang Ning (Tianjin) Li Weiwei (Henan) Tang Ningya (Jiangsu, also OP) Zheng Yixin (Fujian) Yuan Xinyue (Army)
    L - Huang Liuyan (Army) Huang Jiayi (Shanghai)

Based on U20 and U18 national team

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• The unoffical roster of ACH:

S - Shen Jingsi, Wang Na
    OP - Zhang Lei, Zeng Chunlei
    OH - Zhu Ting, Yin Na, Hui Ruoqi, Wang Yimei
    MB - Xu Yunli, Yang Junjing, Ma Yunwen
    L - Zhang Xian

Wang Na replaced Mi Yang in the end.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• S - Chen Xintong (Tianjin) Sun Haiping (Liaoning) Sun Wenjing (Shandong)
    OP - Yang Fangxu (Shandong) Liu Peiyi (Jiangsu)
    OH - Song Meili (Shandong) Xu Ruoya (Jiangsu) Duan Fang (Liaoning) Wang Yunlu (Army)
    MB - Wang Ning (Tianjin) Li Weiwei (Henan) Tang Ningya (Jiangsu, also OP) Zheng Yixin (Fujian) Yuan Xinyue (Army)
    L - Huang Liuyan (Army) Huang Jiayi (Shanghai)

Based on U20 and U18 national team

Is there any way to watch these games? I would like to see the current shape of Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya. Both were as good as Zhu Ting in youth level, If this two improve as much as Zhu, CHN would be dominator of next decade :white:

• Is there any way to watch these games? I would like to see the current shape of Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya. Both were as good as Zhu Ting in youth level, If this two improve as much as Zhu, CHN would be dominator of next decade :white:

The meeting will be held from Oct 6th to 15th.

I will report it when it starts.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Is there any way to watch these games? I would like to see the current shape of Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya. Both were as good as Zhu Ting in youth level, If this two improve as much as Zhu, CHN would be dominator of next decade :white:

I'm afraid Xu Ruoya hasn't improved as much as Zhu Ting during the last 2 years and are not likely to be selected by NT in short terms. But now Tang Ningya is switching to the new position as opposite, we have a lot of hopes on her because good Opps are seriously in need in NT. We'll see how she's gonna do on the new position during this season's club matches.

The East Asian games team is made up of Junior NT and Youth NT members, who won both world championships this year :cup: . So it's exciting to see how they can perform then. :super:

• I'm afraid Xu Ruoya hasn't improved as much as Zhu Ting during the last 2 years and are not likely to be selected by NT in short terms. But now Tang Ningya is switching to the new position as opposite, we have a lot of hopes on her because good Opps are seriously in need in NT. We'll see how she's gonna do on the new position during this season's club matches.

The East Asian games team is made up of Junior NT and Youth NT members, who won both world championships this year :cup: . So it's exciting to see how they can perform then. :super:

It is sad to hear about Xu Ruoya, I watched her only at Youth WCh but she was really good among her peers. Unfortunately, not all of talented youngsters manage to reach a good level at senior stage :S On the other hand, It is a good idea to switch Tang's position to Opp since CHN has already millions of high level MBs :obey: However, I think Wang Yimei or Zhu Ting are enough if you are looking for a regular non-receiver Opp :whistle:

• http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…n/2013/Teams.asp?Team=GUD
    Guangdong Evergrande = China NT players + foreign NT players + a few old Chinese players ?

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• It is sad to hear about Xu Ruoya, I watched her only at Youth WCh but she was really good among her peers. Unfortunately, not all of talented youngsters manage to reach a good level at senior stage :S On the other hand, It is a good idea to switch Tang's position to Opp since CHN has already millions of high level MBs :obey: However, I think Wang Yimei or Zhu Ting are enough if you are looking for a regular non-receiver Opp :whistle:

Wang Yimei, Zhu Ting and so on don't just like spiking at the right ride.

The reason is just so easy.
    Therefore, China NT can't block and dig the spike at the right ride.
    In Chinese, it's "2号位造星运动".
    Chen Zhonghe gave Zhou Suhong as a standard.
    Other Chinese coaches would "all" copy his mind.
    It can be thought that except Zhang Lei, all is failure!

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• I don't think it is a legitimate excuse :what: If team needs it you have to attack even from zone 3 :aww: It is always easier to attack from zone 2 for taller player by comparing to shorter ones as Zhang Lei :wall: Anyway, I hope CHN would give up this old school tradition as Cuba did for 4+2 :whistle:

• I don't think it is a legitimate excuse :what: If team needs it you have to attack even from zone 3 :aww: It is always easier to attack from zone 2 for taller player by comparing to shorter ones as Zhang Lei :wall: Anyway, I hope CHN would give up this old school tradition as Cuba did for 4+2 :whistle:

Hmm, I think that China's drop in level is due to its copying the more Western style. In my opinion if they give up even this feature will be even worse. China should continue playing fast with three MBs (with the one playing opposite the setter being an universal). That one is the key position for China! In fact in Asia they are losing against teams that play more Asian style than them. Having physically stronger players that are clumsy in defense is not necessarly a good team for an Asian team.

Cuba giving up her old tradition is bad too. If all the players that escaped from Cuba had remained and had continued using the 6+2 they would have been still on top, probably even upsetting Brasil in some final match too. ;)

• Hmm, I think that China's drop in level is due to its copying the more Western style. In my opinion if they give up even this feature will be even worse. China should continue playing fast with three MBs (with the one playing opposite the setter being an universal). That one is the key position for China! In fact in Asia they are losing against teams that play more Asian style than them. Having physically stronger players that are clumsy in defense is not necessarly a good team for an Asian team.

Cuba giving up her old tradition is bad too. If all the players that escaped from Cuba had remained and had continued using the 6+2 they would have been still on top, probably even upsetting Brasil in some final match too. ;)

I don't agree with you samba player. Playing Asian style is not necessarily good strategy for a team having strong and tall players. The reason why Japan or Thailand are playing fast volley is that they simply have no other choice since they don't have almost any player over even 1.80, thus fast Asian style is a must for them. However, China have athletic, tall and strong spikers such as Wang, Ting and Rui. That's why a solid European style volleyball with a bit more variation is more than enough for CHN. I believe their problem is absence of a decent setter on contrary of Thailand and Japan. Besides, Rui is not a Molnar-like decent receiver who can cover Zhu on the court. From my perspective, with a solid receiver such as Esra Gümüş, Molnar- or anybody who can cover all court with libero- CHN can be as competitive as they were before :whistle:

• I don't agree with you samba player. Playing Asian style is not necessarily good strategy for a team having strong and tall players. The reason why Japan or Thailand are playing fast volley is that they simply have no other choice since they don't have almost any player over even 1.80, thus fast Asian style is a must for them. However, China have athletic, tall and strong spikers such as Wang, Ting and Rui. That's why a solid European style volleyball with a bit more variation is more than enough for CHN. I believe their problem is absence of a decent setter on contrary of Thailand and Japan. Besides, Rui is not a Molnar-like decent receiver who can cover Zhu on the court. From my perspective, with a solid receiver such as Esra Gümüş, Molnar- or anybody who can cover all court with libero- CHN can be as competitive as they were before :whistle:

In my opinion you can run many combinations and play a fast game, even if you have tall players. It would be even an advantage!
    I agree with the problems you have listed, but these are exactly the features that China had when they played Asian school (a solid reception and a witty setter enable one's team to play a fast game and run combinations). Now they have problems in reception and also in defence (the setter is still young - this could be a mere physiological problem), due to their obsession with tall and physically strong players, which are slower in defence and not solid in reception. I mean you can find these kind of players (tall and strong), but they should not weaken those two features. As I've said before it could even be an advantage, if fully adapted to Asian/Chinese style. I hope it is understandable what I have in mind.

China should look at the period when they dominated (80s) and should ask themselves why they dominated. Imitating Russia would not lead them anywhere. I know that volleyball has changed a lot from that period, but sometimes looking at one's traditions and adapting them to our times helps a lot. Lang Ping played in that fantastic team, so I have hope in her.

About the real and false opposite position: did Chinese clubs change it or do they continue playing with the "false" opposite? Because there is no use to play with the real opposite in the NT, if first they don't introduce this feature in clubs. Chinese players should first get accostumed to it.