Cuba NT 2013

• S: Yoandry Díaz, Lian Sem Estrada, Leandro Macías, Alexis Lamadrid

O: Rolando Cepeda, Yordan Bisset, Dayron Arias

MB: Danger Quintana, Liván Osoria, David Fiel, Isbel Mesa, Dariel Albo

OH: Wilfredo León, Yadrián Escobar, Lázaro Fundora, Abraham Afonso, Osmani Uriarte

L: Gustavo Leyva, Keibel Gutierrez

• Where is Fernando Hernandez?

VOLLEYWOOD: "Rumor has it that Fernando plans to start his professional career and will be inactive for 2 years before he can legally leave Cuba. Another report we’ve received is that he is currently in Puerto Rico. Wherever he is and wherever he’ll go, such a sad news that he has left the team!"

• Wilfredo Leon and probably Yoandry Diaz are out of national team. It looks like they want to play abroad.

• If federation doesn't change mind, next players will escape. Juantorena, Leal, Simon, now Diaz and Leon. This team would be a strong opponent for others, but thanks to descructive policy Cuba lost so many talents.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Over and over again...

Now I'm thinking of a Cuban NT:

Leon - Juantorena (Leonel Marshall and Yoandri Leal as benchers)
    Diaz - Hernandez (Bozhulev, Dennis, Cepeda as Hernandez's benchers)
    Simon - Camejo

This would've been scary. Their attack power and its depth would've been...

• Now I'm thinking of a Cuban NT:

Leon - Juantorena (Leonel Marshall and Yoandri Leal as benchers)
    Diaz - Hernandez (Bozhulev, Dennis, Cepeda as Hernandez's benchers)
    Simon - Camejo

:super: :white: :white:
    powerfull NT

• Not too many OPP's here? I'd add Hierrezuelo to this (btw. Did Oreol Camejo retire in 2008?), Cepeda can be crossed out, because he's still in NT. I'd also add MB, maybe Yassel Perdomo - i couldn't find better one - Mesa and Albo are still in NT, in past years played moastly Camejo, Simon and Dominico (but he's now 35). There was Darien Ferrer, but only in wide rosters.

• Same thought after reading the latest news about Leon and Diaz... Pity, because such team could push whole world volleyball on higher level.

• Orlando Samuels Blackwood chose from list in first post 12 players, which will play in WL.

S: Leandro Macias, Lian Sem Estrada
    OP: Rolando Cepeda, Yordan Bisset
    OH: Lazaro Fundora, Abraham Alfonso, Osmani Uriarte
    MB: Danger Quintana, Isbel Mesa, David Fiel
    L: Gustavo Leyva, Keibel Gutierrez

Diaz and Leon have gone. Comparing with 2012 also Bell and Hernandez are out. Camejo and Hierrezuelo left team in 2011, after 2010 Leal and Simon left. 2009 Cuba is without Michael Sanchez. They lost 9 important players: 2 setters, 2 middles, 3 leftwingers and 2 opposites, only liberos since 2008 are the same.

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• kondzio
    Is Hierrezuelo playing abroad?

There was mistake: Hierrezuelo left NT after 2011. There is no info about him, so I think he's now suspended like Kenia Carcaces. Maybe next year he'll be able to play abroad.

• Cuban volleyball federation went too far this time .

They ban Leon for 4 years :what: :what:
    FIVB doesn't care, actually nobody cares. :down:

What do you expect? This is the most immoral and corrupt sport federation after wrestling and weightlifting. That's why the sport is not as popular as it can.

• Too bad Leon don't have the right to do what he was born to do: play volleyball. Four years is way too much time for an athlete :S :S

• I hope he won't decide to give up and quit the sport. He's still very young and will be young after 4 years. Even if they ban their players for 10 years, they won't stop this from happening. Escaping the country I mean.