Russian Federation NT 2013

• The initial article you used as a source says something very interesting at the end, perhaps we should've translated it earlier. It states that, according to FIVB regulations, the Olympic champions are not allowed to register for the new season more than 75% of the players who won the Olympic gold. Said otherwise, 9 players at most can be included. The easiest choice is to omit the two liberos and call up new ones (a possible reason for Verbov's comeback). Tetyukhin's NT retirement fits as well. Still, it doesn't answer the question about Biryukov, but this would need a separate topic. What puzzles me is whether this has been a new FIVB regulation as I have never really been aware of it.

• 14 players for the 1st week in World League against Iran:

Setter: Sergei Antipkin, Sergey Makarov

MB: Dmitry Musersky, Nicholas Apalikov, Andrew Aschev, Artem Volvich

OH: Ilya Zhilin, Yevhen Sivozhelezov, Alexey Spiridonov, Dmitriy Ilyin

Diagonal: Maxim ZHIGALOV, Nikolai Pavlov

Libero - Artem Ermakov, Alex Verbov.

I think 2 more will be excluded after the training.

• No Moroz! :white: :wall:

Moroz wasn't even in wide roster :call:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Oh My Goodness, please, anyone but Spiridonov! :aww: Get this disgrace out of the NT!

• It looks like Volkov won't play next season. His injury is serious , healing process isn't going well and his career might be over.

Poor Sasha. He's one of my favorites among Russians. And together with Dima on the middle they were so spectacular. I will keep my fingers crossed 'cause it's not the time for him to end. Still so much to win.

• Rosters for EoroVolley 2013

Setters: Sergey Grankin, Sergey Makarov, Dmitriy Kovalev
    Opposites: Nikolay Pavlov, Maxim Mikhaylov
    OHs: Ilya Zhilin, Evgeny Sivozhelez, Alexey Spiridonov, Dmitriy Ilinykh, Denis Biryukov
    MBs: Nikolay Apalikov, Andrey Ashchev, Artem Volvich, Dmitriy Muserskiy
    Liberos: Alexey Verbov, Artem Ermakov

(Source: Sportal BG)

• Strongest :white: :super:

• Nice to see Denis Biryukov back in team :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Denis Biryukov - hey hi hello! :thumbsup:
    But still without Khtey and Berezhko.

I agree with Kaziyski, no surprise about Berezhko. All of the other guys are better than him currently. I thought Khtey took a break only for the World League, but I don't know much about his decision.

José, I don't think Sivozhelez is a reliable outside hitter.
    Zhilin / Biryukov + Spiridonov combination is better I think.

We had a very, very long discussion about Sivozhelez in the World League thread. Apparently, there are two types of opinion - pro and against Sivozhelez. I am in the first group.

Niec to see Dima Biryukov back in team :thumbsup:

Why Dima? :)

• Why Dima? :)

Sometimes I write too fast and make stupid mistakes :aww: of course Denis, not Dimitriy ^^