• Didn't know he was hated :what: I think he is a very good player and good looking too :love:

He's one of these players who stirs the storm of emotions in fans. That's his way. And some people love him for it, others just the opposite. I would find you many haters here in Poland, let alone in other countries. As Koni already write about the incident in Final 6 in Sofia, I think he won't be warmly welcomed in any Bulgarian hall. Donnu neither what put him to behave like that. But since I want always to believe that guys from my team are good even if they're not angels, I suspected that he was provoked in some way. Anyway let bygones be bygones. I hope that fans from Bulgaria won't punish my team for the behavior of one player.

• bella for me it's definitely in the past. And like I said I don't hate him. I don't know how other Bulgarian fans feel about him. However I understand you. If I was in this position I would feel the same way. Players from the NT have to do something really wrong to make me dislike them. After all that's why we support these teams really strong and that's why they are special for us.

Btw unfortunately the game between Poland and Bulgaria in the World League won't be played in Sofia, but in Varna. This means that most probably I won't be able to watch it in the hall. Ugh I was planning to do it.

I didn't know however that there are Polish fans hate him. I thought that only fans of other NTs feel this way towards him.

• Btw unfortunately the game between Poland and Bulgaria in the World League won't be played in Sofia, but in Varna. This means that most probably I won't be able to watch it in the hall. Ugh I was planning to do it.

Well, matches between Poland and Bulgaria won't be even played in my country so I'm also disappointed 'cause I wanted to see it so bad.

I didn't know however that there are Polish fans hate him. I thought that only fans of other NTs feel this way towards him.

Hatred maybe is a big word here. Since Zibi plays one of main roles in our NT and actually does it well, I guess people who didn't like him are partly convinced to him and put negative feelings aside at least for NT season. Fans can be really various. For example I'm not so pride of myself since I didn't like Łukasz Żygadło - I don't even know what this guy did to me, nothing really, it was just my whim - and he grew to one of my fav players.

Geez, Sara is here barely since yesterday and her introducing thread is already burning :D

• Well, matches between Poland and Bulgaria won't be even played in my country so I'm also disappointed 'cause I wanted to see it so bad.

Well if not we will discuss it live here 8) . That's better than nothing.

Hatred maybe is a big word here. Since Zibi plays one of main roles in our NT and actually does it well, I guess people who didn't like him are partly convinced to him and put negative feelings aside at least for NT season. Fans can be really various. For example I'm not so pride of myself since I didn't like Łukasz Żygadło - I don't even know what this guy did to me, nothing really, it was just my whim - and he grew to one of my fav players.

Geez, Sara is here barely since yesterday and her introducing thread is already burning :D

That's because we monopolized her thread with our ramblings :D . Sorry about that Sara!

• Sorry to intrude, but I have feelings towards Bartman which I need to express :D And which will tell, bella, why maybe he is not liked in Poland. I don't know the guy like you people from Poland do, but my impression is that he is an arrogant, selfish and repulsive narcisist who cares more how he looks like on court not how he plays. But still that's first impression and has nothing to do with the good player he is. The first time I saw him was during a game between Poland and Bulgaria, during the first competition in which he replaced Gruzska. When I saw him, I immediately said to myself "Ебати чалгаря!". (which you won't understand ofc :D )

Sara, we made your personal thread a "Bartman" thread, sorry :flower: Anyway, welcome to the forum and have a nice time here!

• You see, Sara, when you're saying something positive about Bartman you should be ready for an attack and questions related to your preferences. Because no matter what he has done, he's doing and he will do people will never change their opinion about him, seriously, no life for this guy, to the end of his professional career :) He's not such an asshole, as earlier, 'cause he's taking a responsibility for game in club and national team and finally understood it, but they're just waiting for every single mistake made by him to prove his incompetence.

A positive thing from this discussion is that you have already seen how talkative persons are here. Just hope you're not discouraged and will stay here for a long time.

• I think that people in general tend to remember bad experiences. Which is why even though someone is changed, they all will remember the bad things this someone did in the past. However I've read also good things about Bartman (from Paul Lotman's interview) so he can't be that bad and he is not the devil incarnate.

I also think that there is fine line between confidence and arrogance. A lot of times confident person might seem as arrogant. For that reason I can't say whether Bartman is or not, because looks could lie. I really have problem with only thing that I saw him personally do it. He of course might have had his reasons, but it's just something that annoyed me a lot in that particular moment.

I could say the same about Pepe (soccer player). He did some really brutal foul in 2008 and people still remember it. I mean I know that I remember it and even though he plays in my favorite team I can't forget that sometimes he is very violent player on the field. I guess when you make bad first impression people tend to judge you by it.

However there are so many players and we can't like them all the same. We all have some preferences. So Sara don't be discouraged that some people don't like that much Bartman. You like him, that's the important.

• Hehehe guys don't worry, I love that this thread is so burning :thumbsup:

Triglav_klan, Muse, thanks for the welcome! :drink:

• Well if not we will discuss it live here 8) . That's better than nothing.

Ohhh, it will be fun! I remember last time we spend here hours learning how to curse in polish and bulgarian :D On the occasion of some match, can't remember which one.

Sorry to intrude, but I have feelings towards Bartman which I need to express :D And which will tell, bella, why maybe he is not liked in Poland. I don't know the guy like you people from Poland do, but my impression is that he is an arrogant, selfish and repulsive narcisist who cares more how he looks like on court not how he plays. But still that's first impression and has nothing to do with the good player he is. The first time I saw him was during a game between Poland and Bulgaria, during the first competition in which he replaced Gruzska. When I saw him, I immediately said to myself "Ебати чалгаря!". (which you won't understand ofc :D )

Sara, we made your personal thread a "Bartman" thread, sorry :flower: Anyway, welcome to the forum and have a nice time here!

Hahah, only nadejda is missing here to speak out about Bartman-bulgarian case :D and as I remember he wasn't Vasi's favorite as well.

@trig, explain this interesting expression, please :whistling: you know I like bulgarians expressions :D

Well, you guys probably guess why Zibi is ZB9 :D As I know Igła, he came up with it :whistle: Anyway, talking about narcissism, Zibi has awareness that women find him attractive for sure. As a good-looking guy he has self-confidence - often mistaken for arrogance. But we can't blame dude that he want to look good, because why not... Not his appearance plays but skills. What can't be denied is that he is hardworking, plays with passion and for sure plays with a team not as an individual. So not selfish neither. He cares more about the team than it may seem. He didn't come to Rzeszow to sit on bench but still supports Jochen (what was visible during time-outs).
    And trust me, when I saw him first time in white-red NT jersey I was also like "who the hell is Bartman??!". I'm serious :D 'Cause, you know, I saw some guy with curls and this bedroom eyes, like some freakin' Ronaldo, and didn't actually know. Then he came to Częstochowa and was really on fire this season making people know him and like or dislike as hell. Maybe it's so fascinating about him that a person who like him and other person who don't like him are ready to kill each other because of so extremely different opinions :D Believe me, after he played in my club one bad word about Zibi from my brother's mouth was enough for me to stab him with a fork.

Cheesus, I should probably start a blog :lol:

You see, Sara, when you're saying something positive about Bartman you should be ready for an attack and questions related to your preferences. Because no matter what he has done, he's doing and he will do people will never change their opinion about him, seriously, no life for this guy, to the end of his professional career :) He's not such an asshole, as earlier, 'cause he's taking a responsibility for game in club and national team and finally understood it, but they're just waiting for every single mistake made by him to prove his incompetence.

Point for him that he doesn't really care. He's just doing his job. Haters gonna hate, what to do :D

A positive thing from this discussion is that you have already seen how talkative persons are here. Just hope you're not discouraged and will stay here for a long time.

and join us in our chit-chats :thumbsup: never enough of people to talk with

I think that people in general tend to remember bad experiences. Which is why even though someone is changed, they all will remember the bad things this someone did in the past. However I've read also good things about Bartman (from Paul Lotman's interview) so he can't be that bad and he is not the devil incarnate.

Yep and Lotman is not the first one who talk good things about him. In fact, he's quite friendly creature :D Remember him when he praised Brian Thornton while he was actually hopeless. And this funny interview during World Cup and stuff. And the case Mlyakov-Bartman in times of his game in Częstochowa. Guys didn't get along with each other. I remember once Zibi got MVP award after the match and gave it to Smilen. So he has the character but he's not the devil incarnate.

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• @trig, explain this interesting expression, please :whistling: you know I like bulgarians expressions :D

"Fuckin' chalgar!"

Chalgar meaning a guy who dresses like this - link . Might or might not have a direct connection with the music style of chalga. But anyway, this is an inside thing with us Bulgarians.

End :offtopic:

• "Fuckin' chalgar!"

Chalgar meaning a guy who dresses like this - link . Might or might not have a direct connection with the music style of chalga. But anyway, this is an inside thing with us Bulgarians.

Hahahah what a styling :obey: We have the same type of guys in Serbia! Must be some Balcan thing :lol:

• "Fuckin' chalgar!"

Holy shit :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: it's just too much for me!

• Sara welcome to the forum.

I usually put together info on US college volleyball (men's and women's) plus Japan's V-League (men's and women's).

Also, I try to take the stats and go a little further to show which players are performing well versus poorly during the Olympics, World Cup and hopefully World League and World Grand Prix, when time allows.

• Hello Brahmin! I will follow your updates :thumbup:

• Hello Sara :wavy: Would you like to say something else about you? What's your other passion (without volleyball)? What do you read? Tell us! :D

• Hello Pokolul! :) I just saw your post :aww:
    Well I study economy in Belgrade. I also like many other sports, tennis, handball, athletics. And about books, my favorite writer now is Haruki Murakami ;)
    If you have any question, just ask :drink: