Serbia NT 2013

• After losing Montenegro, can Serbia still be considered a Mediterranean country? :)

No, but we also played in the last edition, and that was after Montenegro had become independent. :lol: I guess Serbia still has a place there because it's legal successor of Yugoslavia/Serbia and Montenegro.

• That's true. Although, perhaps some would, there's no harm checking out with them if they're interested
    I do think it would be a good idea to include players who didn't play a lot in their teams this year, like Klisura and Malagurski. It would be awful for Sanja to spend the entire summer sitting on the bench with the NT, if she's still not completely ready to compete with the big girls. She never will be unless she has a chance to play herself into form.
    Maybe Radenkovic even, if both Ognjenovic and Antonijevic decide to play on NT this year.

I'm not sure Serbia is going to participate. :S I haven't heard anything. I know the handball team will compete.

I agree with you. Radenkovic for sure. What do you think, which player will be called from our league?
    You are always faster than me :D

• I definitely expect to see Helic, Kecman, Savic, Stevanovic. Maybe Olga Raonic or Cveticanin from Spartak. Or even Dajana Boskovic from Vizura.
    As for the rest, I have no idea. It could literally be almost anyone.

• OK, some further news: we probably won't know the roster before May 20, but according to Terzic, there won't be many changes compared to the previous seasons. Trainings begin on June 12.
    Nikolic and Djerisilo are both still in consideration. Jelena is training again while Ivana is still recovering from injury. If they get fit, they will be on the team.

• S : Maja Ognjenovic, Ana Antonijevic.

OPP : Jovana Brakocevic, Ana Bjelica

MB : Natasa Krsmanovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Milena Rasic.

OH : Brizitka Molnar, Jovana Vesovic, Sanja Malagurski, Tijana Malesevic.

L : Suzana Cebic, Nina Rosic

:super:

• Serbian team for Grand prix:

S: Ognjenovic, Antonijevic, Zivkovic, Radenkovic

L:Cebic, Popovic, J. Majstorovic

Opp: Brakocevic, Bjelica

MB: Krsmanovic, Rasic, Veljkovic, Ninkovic, Stevanovic

OH: Nikolic, Molnar, Mihajloviic, Malesevic, Malagurski, Lazarevic

• No Jelena Blagojevic?! 8o :down:

Ana Lazarevic... why? Anyone from the junior NT would have been better than her. Or Sara Klisura, even better. I hope she'll be in the EL squad at least.

Surprised there's no Vesovic, although I don't have a problem with that.

• 8o it means they really could win a medal in grand prix,i think without injuries serbia is the strongest european team.

• No Jelena Blagojevic?! 8o :down:

Ana Lazarevic... why? Anyone from the junior NT would have been better than her. Or Sara Klisura, even better. I hope she'll be in the EL squad at least.

Surprised there's no Vesovic, although I don't have a problem with that.

I know... :aww: also I'm not sure in what form are Nikolic and Popovic, they both gave birth this year :white: And Majstorovic :what: , why 3 liberos, 4 setters and just 2 Opp....

Guess final 12 will be something like this:

S: Ognjenovic and Antonijevic

L: Cebic

Opp: Brakocevic and Bjelica

MB: Krsmanovic, Rasic and Veljkovic

OH: Nikolic, Mihajlovic, Molnar, Malesevic

• I didnt watch Lazarevic this seaosn, but Im sad Blagojevic is not there, she did a great season..and she is a truly receiver, something Serbia might need...

but Serbia has an amazing roster, and on the top of their form they can win any tournament, I have no doubts of that. They just need the girls to stop getting injured. ^^

• Vesovic being deleted from the roster explains how bad she was in Russian league this year and maybe Terzic wants to focus on younger players like Mihajlovic or Malesevic on OH position.

• Vesovic being deleted from the roster explains how bad she was in Russian league this year and maybe Terzic wants to focus on younger players like Mihajlovic or Malesevic on OH position.

Vesovic is recovering from injury.

• I know... :aww: also I'm not sure in what form are Nikolic and Popovic, they both gave birth this year :white: And Majstorovic :what: , why 3 liberos, 4 setters and just 2 Opp....

I guess having 4 setters on that list means that he's not sure that both Ognjenovic and Antonijevic will play this year...
    And likewise with liberos, since Cebic and Popovic didn't play this season, but I would expect Rosic to be there and not Majstorovic. :roll:
    Malagurski can also play as OPP, so it shouldn't be a problem on that position. Though I guess it means that Nesovic will never get a chance on NT.

• European league roster:
    S: Olga Raonic, Jelena Medarevic, Lana Dabic
    OPP: Adela Helic, Ivana Lukovic
    MB: Jovana Stevanovic, Maja Savic, Sofija Medic, Dubravka Djuric
    OH: Jelena Blagojevic, Sanja Bursac, Ljubica Kecman, Aleksandra Cveticanin, Milica Bezarevic
    L: Nina Rosic, Teodora Pusic

No Klisura again :down:

• Wasn't Lukovic a MB?