French NT 2013-2014

• According to l'Equipe, Rafael Redwitz is now able to play with French NT.

He got the French citizenship last june after marrying in 2009 a French journalist currently working for ... L"Equipe !
    Since he had play with Brazil NT at the 2007 Copa America, Rafa was waiting for the agreement of the FIVB.

With this agreement, Rafael is now looking forward to joining the French NT for the WL. According to the newspaper, Tillie already called Him to say he would be in the 22 list.

• 14 players for the matches with Germany 24, 25 and 25 of May:
    Setters: Toniutti (Ravenna), Redwitz (Montpellier)
    OPP: Moreau (Cannes) Sidibé (Lubjlana)
    OH's: N'Gapeth (Kemerovo), Quesque (Modena), Lyneel (Montpellier), Tuia
    MB's: Le Roux (Cannes), Hardy-Dessources (Tours), Le Goff (Montpellier), Lafitte (Montpellier)
    Libero: Exiga (Tours), Grebennikov (Rennes)

Rouzier is injured and Pujol isn't selected.

• Italy - France 1-3 in a friendly :thumbup:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• just wondering, why is lyneel not an OP, don't coaches usually push lefties to become OP?

Why is that? I don't know a coach who "pushes" lefties to play opposite. Lyneel is shorter even than an average OH, he has much better chances to progress as an OH due to his technique and relatively good reception.

• Players list for preparations to WCH qualifications:
    Setters: Rafaël Redwitz, Benjamin Toniutti
    Opposites: Antonin Rouzier, Mory Sidibé
    Outside Hitters: Julien Lyneel, Earvin Ngapeth, Kévin Tillie, Samuele Tuia
    Middle Blockers: Gérald Hardy-Dessources, Franck Lafitte, Nicolas Le Goff, Kevin Le Roux
    Liberos: Jenia Grebennikov, Nicolas Rossard

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• has trifle retired from the NT?

what about pujols?

U mean Trefle i Pujol? After Blain left NT Tillie picked up another MB's, Laffite and Le Goff from Montpellier so Trefle dropped. In fact he isnt good blocker at all (on int. level) so it's quite expected. Pujol's skills are in obvious downtrend in last 2 years, he isn't NT material anymore

• than ks, kaz. i'm sure i wrote trefle but auto-correct keeps changing it. oops, again.

as for pujols, there's both pujol and pujols, not to mention puyols, i think… those darn spanish names!

thanks, i have not followed the french NT all the time but just watching some 2012 WL matches. i like le goff enough but he's (like moreau) big and not to so mobile, so french always deficient at MBs. le roux might turn out to be something one day if he can improve.