2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Amazing atmosphere!!!! The best match so far!!!! Really happy to see Carli Lloyd back in the game, not a great match overall for her but played well in the tiebreak.
    I just love matches in Conegliano, it's really great to watch it.

• I'm in awe of Imoco after Italian League. :heart: What a good game and fighting spirit! :super: It's a team to be reckoned with. They can make playoffs much more interesting.

I think Vakifbank and Rabita won't have an easy job this year. Vitra, Gala, Imoco, Kazan, Moscow and Azeroyl are looking nice this year. They have good options on bench and to line-up.
    Good start for CL. The matches are better than last season when strong attack teams weren't able to receive. :win: Games are going on.

• I'm in awe of Imoco after Italian League. :heart: What a good game and fighting spirit! :super: It's a team to be reckoned with. They can make playoffs much more interesting.

I think Vakifbank and Rabita won't have an easy job this year. Vitra, Gala, Imoco, Kazan, Moscow and Azeroyl are looking nice this year. They have good options on bench and to line-up.
    Good start for CL. The matches are better than last season when strong attack teams weren't able to receive. :win: Games are going on.

Don't forget Cannes ;)

• Agree with you, Matthias, about Conegliano.
    But not about Leo ! Which are the Galatasaray MBs ??? Give Raffa and Jenny to Leo and
    you would see the difference 8o
    I don't understand Galatasaray team who spendt a lot of money but didn't buy 2 top MBs.

I think Veljkovic is also a great MB, and Ergül can attack pretty well too...last season Lo Bianco even made weaker MBs like Sinem and Nilay attack well, and now she has two really good MBs but doesn't use them.

I don't either understand what you said about Nihan.
    Maybe sometimes she's weak, but today she was the best Galatasaray player.

I wasn't referring to today, in the past (especially when she played in Fenerbahce's allstar teams) she was a rather weak receiver. I agree that today she did a good job especially in defense, and as I said (maybe you misunderstood me there), the team received better than I expected them.

• Galatasaray Daikin is like Titanic, Orkun Darnel is the guy who said "Even God cannot drown this ship" and Barbolini is obviously the ICEBERG!
    God! If anyone from this forum was coaching Galatasaray Daikin, they would win 2 sets anyway. Barbolini should really suicide after tonight. Congratulations Conegliano!

• I wasn't referring to today, in the past (especially when she played in Fenerbahce's allstar teams) she was a rather weak receiver. I agree that today she did a good job especially in defense, and as I said (maybe you misunderstood me there), the team received better than I expected them.

No I understood well. Saying " Nihan received better than expected" is not enough for her big game !
    Veljkovic, a great MB :white: Well she has a lot to do to prove it ! On the contrary everybody knows how Leo can play with Simona or Jenny ;)

• It is something like years that I say the same: she is the most boring setter ever! And today she was even better than usual.

• Leo has never been the kind of setter who would do magic tricks on the court, but as CarduCat said, she had an excellent connection with Gioli, Barazza and many other MBs in the past. And my main concern is that she completely forgot about her MBs in the decisive phase of the match. This is something common for young and inexperienced setters, but Lo Bianco really should have the confidence to set all of her players even at 14-14 in 5th set. She made it very easy for Conegliano's block and defense in the end. On the other hand, Lloyd made some very risky plays in the last 5 minutes of the game but it all worked out!

• What would german clubs do if they had more money? Would they invest in cheap players as they do now? And the rest of the money you would probably give to poor children, right? :rolleyes:

I've heard Montano and Saori arrived just yesterday, hence I keeped my expectations low. Nevertheless, I can't stand Massimo Barbolini anymore, G. Saray looked as bad as the Turkish NT. :whistle:

• What would german clubs do if they had more money? Would they invest in cheap players as they do now? And the rest of the money you would probably give to poor children, right? :rolleyes:

Well, they would indeed invest a lot of money in developing own young players, as several clubs already do with own volleyball schools. But that is not my point, what I meant is that some people think that money can buy success at will, but this is not possible. Of course, Galatasaray with their money can buy big stars, but it is wrong to think that this automatically means they'll have a good team. Probably Montano and Lo Bianco together earn as much as Conegliano's whole team, but still Conegliano won this match because they displayed some values that money simply can't buy, like LOVING volleyball and FIGHTING until the end.

• Well, they would indeed invest a lot of money in developing own young players, as several clubs already do with own volleyball schools. But that is not my point, what I meant is that some people think that money can buy success at will, but this is not possible. Of course, Galatasaray with their money can buy big stars, but it is wrong to think that this automatically means they'll have a good team. Probably Montano and Lo Bianco together earn as much as Conegliano's whole team, but still Conegliano won this match because they displayed some values that money simply can't buy, like LOVING volleyball and FIGHTING until the end.

I dont agree on that entirely. Having such good players in a team might motivate young players to push their performances forward so that they can play in the starting six.
    Galatasaray invest on young players as well, however both Montano and Lo Bianco should know that if they play bad, they may lose their positions in starting six. Gamze can play as setter well and she is passionate. Saori, Neriman and Rabadzhieva trio can play instead of having Montano in the team if needed. I think the main problem is Barbolini but I guess it will be nice to see what he will do in the coming 2-3 weeks. I hope he will consider such options if some (star) players keep playing that way.

• Whenever you need some kinda miracle you can always count on Galata Daikin :lol: Previous year it was Yamamay now Conegliano :down: such a lame team one can only wonder how the hell they manage to suck this bad while having strong roster

• Whenever you need some kinda miracle you can always count on Galata Daikin :lol: Previous year it was Yamamay now Conegliano :down: such a lame team one can only wonder how the hell they manage to suck this bad while having strong roster

This mystery knows only Barbolini :rolll: I won't expect anything by this team, every year they hire players with which you can compete for nice goals and as always team sucks in crucial moments :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• If Vakıfbank is the example of the great transfer policy, Galatasaray is the totally opposite one :wall:

On the paper, you have by far the strongest Opp in the world, one of the best setter who was at a level of legendary ones such as Fofao, Takeshita and Feng a few years ago, a great all-around OH, young and talented MBs and decent level, strong OHs with good back-up players. AAAAAND this is the game they show :cursing: Barbolini manages to screw everythings up with even this kinda roster and I really wonder who would hire him after GS kick him out, which I hope would come true soon.

Congratulations Imoco! They have my favourite MB duo also :heart:

• Well, they would indeed invest a lot of money in developing own young players, as several clubs already do with own volleyball schools. But that is not my point, what I meant is that some people think that money can buy success at will, but this is not possible. Of course, Galatasaray with their money can buy big stars, but it is wrong to think that this automatically means they'll have a good team. Probably Montano and Lo Bianco together earn as much as Conegliano's whole team, but still Conegliano won this match because they displayed some values that money simply can't buy, like LOVING volleyball and FIGHTING until the end.

Oh no, don't tell a fairy tale! You know as well as I do that Turkish clubs also invest in young generations. Let's face it, German teams would invest in better and more expensive players. I have no numbers, I don't know the budgets of the clubs. According to a Turkish newspaper Vakifbank had a budget of 8 million euro last year.

Of course money is not everything. However you sound very ignorant when you compare Italian and Turkish clubs. Italian volleyball has some financial problems, however, Italian clubs are not the poorest. Moreover, they have a great past, thus they have a good foundation. The best of the world had played there. No matter what happens they can build on this foundation. In contrast, Turkish clubs are trying to build their own foundation, best example is Vakifbank.

• If Vakıfbank is the example of the great transfer policy, Galatasaray is the totally opposite one :wall:

On the paper, you have by far the strongest Opp in the world, one of the best setter who was at a level of legendary ones such as Fofao, Takeshita and Feng a few years ago, a great all-around OH, young and talented MBs and decent level, strong OHs with good back-up players. AAAAAND this is the game they show :cursing: Barbolini manages to screw everythings up with even this kinda roster and I really wonder who would hire him after GS kick him out, which I hope would come true soon.

Congratulations Imoco! They have my favourite MB duo also :heart:

Vakifbank has won everything in how many years? Luckily for us they have continued after all the mistakes of the past.

• It is something like years that I say the same: she is the most boring setter ever! And today she was even better than usual.

Totally agree with you guys. Lo Bianco had her big career already and doesn't seem so hungry anymore, she is just playing for money now. As Matthias said, her setting tecnique is still perfect as ever but her game is depressing and her spirit on court is soo lifeless compared to when she was playing in Foppapedretti Bergamo. It's often like this when people become notorious and rich.. they lose humility and become arrogant.

• It seems like everyone is dissapointed by Galatasaray's performance but let's give both girls & Barbolini couple of weeks. As someone already mentioned both Saori and Montano did not train with the team a long time. It's the same for Aslı. So I guess the team will be performing much better from now on. :box: