2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Another thing, according to Mr Cibara, Galatasaray Daikin had the lowest budget compared to other 3 big teams in Turkish league last season. I'm not sure about this season though.

G. Saray could not do half of the foreign transfers without the help of Daikin. Furthermore, the chairman of G. Saray stressed that volleyball is one of the sections that makes no financial profit but debts. Therefore, they want to cut the money in the future to continue with young players. They indeed see investments in young players as necessary for the future. I wish more Turkish clubs could invest even more money in volleyball.

• Please, with half of the money spent by Galatasaray this summer every italian club would have built a team to rule the Champions League.

The golden age Bergamo and Perugia were less expensive than this season Galatasaray.

• Please, with half of the money spent by Galatasaray this summer every italian club would have built a team to rule the Champions League.

The golden age Bergamo and Perugia were less expensive than this season Galatasaray.

Yeah and that was how many years ago? I guess volleyball players got a bit more expensive since then :cheesy: Once again, Galatasaray is a blackbox at the moment and we dont know what this team will be capable of soon. I'm sure they will start ruling the Champions league sooner or later.

• An

Yeah and that was how many years ago? I guess volleyball players got a bit more expensive since then :cheesy: Once again, Galatasaray is a blackbox at the moment and we dont know what this team will be capable of soon. I'm sure they will start ruling the Champions league sooner or later.

Also most players would not prefer Turkey if the money is not enough. Why Turkey when they can live for example in Italy. Thus, Turkish clubs have to spend more money in comparison to other European clubs.

• Volero really needs another setter. Karine doesnt know how to set well to Carcases or to the MBs

• Yeah and that was how many years ago? I guess volleyball players got a bit more expensive since then :cheesy: Once again, Galatasaray is a blackbox at the moment and we dont know what this team will be capable of soon. I'm sure they will start ruling the Champions league sooner or later.

Italian volleyball collapsed after 2010/2011 when sponsors started leaving. Untill season 2009-2010 italian team were still among the best ones in Europe and Bergamo won its last Champions League against Fenerbahce, a very strong team. Italian salaries were not as high as turkish ones. Top players left Italy because they got 200% of what they had here. Untill there were sponsor italian club could fight, right now just 2 rich teams (Conegliano and Piacenza) are trying to do their best against much more expensive teams and they are very close to top teams' level.

• Wow, Volero was just pathetic :white:
    Without Osmokrovic, there is no reception...and seriously, firing Jan de Brandt just to have Lindenmair as head coach now? That's certainly not an improvement...
    Kazan did nothing special, they played their usual game on an average level but it was enough to win very easily.

• Why tf Sano plays in Volero?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Why tf Sano plays in Volero?

Yes. Pandatasary signed Nihan Yeldan, whi was in Fenerbahce and she was much more better than usual against Conegliano. In Fenerbahce she was the weak link of their reception. Yersterday she was very good. BTW Sano is a world class player, so compare them is just a joke.

• Yes. Pandatasary signed Nihan Yeldan, whi was in Fenerbahce and she was much more better than usual against Conegliano. In Fenerbahce she was the weak link of their reception. Yersterday she was very good. BTW Sano is a world class player, so compare them is just a joke.

No, I mean Sano is too strong to play in Volero... I was not comparing her and Nihan

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• This has nothing to do with TURKISH clubs. There have also been Italian money teams that failed big time, like Novara with Kirillova, Flier, Kozuch etc...

Yeah that Novara was a tragedy... other examples of Italian money clubs which totally failed in recent years are:
    Jesi only won 1 Challenge Cup in almost 10 years despite having had very expensive players like Togut, Lo Bianco, Sokolova, Logan Tom, Ognjenovic, Flier, Jaqueline, Rinieri, Bown, Leggeri, Turlea, Ritschelova and finally decided to quit Volleyball..
    Villa Cortese with Berg, Aguero, Pavan, Hodge, Cruz, Bosetti, Guiggi, Anzanello, Cardullo won NOTHING in Europe and never managed to win Italian League..
    Chieri with players like Marinova, Zetova, Virna, Logan Tom, Osmokrovic, Turlea, Mammadova, Scott won 1 Top Teams Cup and nothing else..
    These 3 clubs were among the richest in Europe before the rise of Turkish and Azeri clubs, but now they don't exist anymore :gone:

• You all sound like Galatasaray actually have six really expensive players on court. That team had Calderon ass opp last year, what would you expect them to fill her position with? Montano was the only good option IMO. Lo Bianco is playing her last season in Galatasaray and we are all almost sure that Gamze, a very young & talented player will take her place next season. The team needed someone better than Molnar as a defensive OH and of course they would go either for Gözde or Saori and obviously her wage is paid by the sponsor. I really don't think Veljkovic earns a lot in that team and she came instead of Gioli whom I believe earned much more. Moreover Ezgi Arslan Guc keeps playing with the team and she is a good investment. Similarly Asli Kalac, Özgenur, Nursevil Aydinlar, Bither, Ada German and Mislina are investments for the future. It's unfair that people keep criticizing Galatasaray for being spoiled with money but any Turkish citizen knows it well that the club is in big debt. I believe the only advantage of Galatasaray was they had great potential and sponsors were interested in them because Vakifbank and Eczacibasi made Turkish league a great brand.

P.s. I'm not sure if you are aware but one reason that players prefer Turkish teams is lower taxes and that has nothing to do with Galatasaray. It's a good incentive by the government (which I really dislike) to promote volleyball in Turkey and it seems to work very well.

• good teams but bergamo, pesaro and preugia are just better , i mean id rather have grun, sokolova, poljak and piccinini rather than glinka, de carne, yue and anzanello ^_^

I guess...but we should think also...what was Poljak before she arrived to Bergamo? Or Costagrande, Furst and Sheilla before Pesaro? When they arrived there they didnt have the "name" they have today...were bets from the teams...great bets obviously. ^^