2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Yes you are right!

Also think you are right ! That rule seems much fairer to me ! :teach:

• Ok, thank you guys! Great win for Cannes, I hope they'll take 2 sets in Istambul!

• Well, last few years this didn't happen, I think. Look at last year's Busto vs. Schweriner. Schweriner won first match 3x2, then Busto won the other match 3x1, so it would be obvious that Busto passed to the other phase, right? But they played a golden set. I don't know if you guys are talking about what you think the rules should be or if you're saying that the rules actually are this way... :read: :wall:

• Well, last few years this didn't happen, I think. Look at last year's Busto vs. Schweriner. Schweriner won first match 3x2, then Busto won the other match 3x1, so it would be obvious that Busto passed to the other phase, right? But they played a golden set. I don't know if you guys are talking about what you think the rules should be or if you're saying that the rules actually are this way... :read: :wall:

Rules have changed. Take a look at CEV cup and Challenge cup results of this year.

The rules changed for this season. The points of the team are the decisive factor now - 3 points for 3:0 and 3:1, 2 points for 3:2.

Either way, I'm not a fan of any situation where winning sets becomes more important than winning matches. If Cannes will win the first two sets next weeks, the rest of the match will be a complete waste of time.

• Oh, I didn't know they changed. My bad. So sorry :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• The rules changed for this season. The points of the team are the decisive factor now - 3 points for 3:0 and 3:1, 2 points for 3:2.

Either way, I'm not a fan of any situation where winning sets becomes more important than winning matches. If Cannes will win the first two sets next weeks, the rest of the match will be a complete waste of time.

Guess you are right Matthias, but that's how the rule is going for this year, so ... I remember that epic quaterfinal between RC Cannes and Vakifbank Istanbul in 2012 ! No doubt that Cannes went to semi final thanks to that Golden Set rule. They first lost the home match 0-3 and then won their away match 3-2, and then seized the Golden Set. Girls out there gave their 100 % on court, they fought very hard, 'cause it was all about winning the match.

• Wednesday, 15.01.2014

* Laola1.tv Time (GMT/UTC + 1:00 hr.)
    - BAKU Time (GMT/UTC + 4 hrs. OR + 3:00 hrs. of Laola1.tv Time)
    - BANGKOK Time (GMT/UTC + 7:00 hrs. OR + 6:00 hrs. of Laola1.tv Time)

Wednesday, 15.01.2014, 16:00
    CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League Women
    Dinamo MOSCOW - Dinamo KAZAN
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/li…-dinamo-kazan/150770.html

Wednesday, 15.01.2014, 20:30
    *MOTW: Prosecco Doc-Imoco CONEGLIANO - Omichka OMSK REGION
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/li…a-omsk-region/150772.html
    *MOTW => Match Of The Week

Wednesday, 15.01.2014, 20:30
    Atom Trefl SOPOT - Eczacibasi VitrA ISTANBUL
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/li…itra-istanbul/150773.html

• centoni was amazing last night :obey: :obey: :obey: i really like to cannes. they always have a team spirit, fight for every point and have fun during game, passion nervous bla bla bla. :drink:
    cannes doesnt play well when they are not play at their home even so they will do their best in istanbul and i will watch very good game in the hall :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
    neriman was amazing too till last points of 4th set. i couldnt count howmany times she was blocked by cannes MBs.Saori tried to help her but it wasnt enough. also veljkoviç wasnt in good day. leo forgot to back zone attacks...aslı and rabadzhieva were horrible imo. i dont know is turlea's transfer true, she can help to neriman next match ...

i am ready to russian derby :D :D

• It is really a pity to see how Montaño’s absence has destabilized the whole team at its basis. Under these circumstances, Neriman as opposite is the right bet for me. However, I’m afraid that time is not enough to consolidate this transition, not for this year’s Champions League. I’m disappointed with the coach’s tactics last night. I do think that Centoni is strong but Galatasaray’s block was almost non-existent, not the right position, out of time. The defensive strategy was also deficient, and the libero made constant positioning mistakes that were really painful to watch.

Neriman is not Montaño so the team needs more balance in attacking. Saori did a good job in gradually adjusting her spike to Leo’s sets. If the team wants to win next week, they need to exploit Saori’s and Raba’s attacking skills. I’ve seen Saori doing a lot more and somehow I trust Leo and her will improve their connection. I have more worries with Raba because in my opinion she lacks the technical skills that e.g. Saori has, and I don't see her eager to be a protagonist. There is a lot of work to do, and I really hope the coach and his staff manage to make the necessary re-arrangements at least good enough to qualify for the next round.

• Svetlana Ilic needs to reconsider the starting rotation. Kosheleva rotated to back row at 2:1 and when she came back to front row it was 7:14, then she rotated very fast through front row and once again was very long in back row, because when Kosheleva rotates to back row, for Kazan Gamova rotates to front row. Moscow's other OH (first Marchenko, later Markova) didn't show much on pos. 4 and Obmochaeva also needed some time to get going, so they need to have Kosheleva at the net as often as possible...

• It's a pleasure to watch Gamova when she's as motivated as today :D

Vetrova is doing pretty bad for Moscow, very predictable distribution and also bad coordination with the attackers, many sets are either too fast or too slow...

EDIT and here comes Akulova, let's see if she can do better...

Obmochaeva shouted something through the net after her attack, I wonder what she said....Gamova was laughing afterwards :lol:

• Obmochaeva still holds a grudge against Gamova but that doesn't help anything ,Kazan leads 2-0

• The longer the match lasts, the more trash talk is going on, and it's funny how the referee decided to completely ignore it :D
    But Obmochaeva isn't doing herself a favour with it because an angry Gamova often is the best Gamova...

• And Kosheleva joined the club... :D Gamova is an accomplished player and that doesn't seem to produce a different outcome on her game while Obmochaeva seems to be more affected by that.

I'm leaning towards Moscow, but I guess Kazan will nail it.

• The difference between the teams is that Kazan has Gamova and a bunch of very good players around her while Moscow has a couple of very good players, but also some very mediocre ones, plus Kazan plays a far more attractive style which reflects their advantages on setter and coach positions.

• Kudos to Kazan! They were best in everything strategically and technically. It's hard to find out what Moscow can do next time. I'd start changing setter.

I don't think this would help, Vetrova and Akulova seem to be equally terrible. If Kazan plays like today, Moscow needs 30 points each from Kosheleva and Obmochaeva to beat them, but I don't see this happen...