2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Poor Maret... Hope that it´s not that serious. She is a really nice girl, it´s so sad :-(

A report has been sent on RC Cannes's official Facebook page. The magnetic resonance imaging has confirmed that Maret Grothues is suffering from a total rupture of the left Achilles tendon. She will have surgery by tomorrow ... Unlucky Maret, I'm wondering how long she will be unavailable ...I guess it takes a long time to fully recover from that kind of injury :S

• I don't think this would help, Vetrova and Akulova seem to be equally terrible. If Kazan plays like today, Moscow needs 30 points each from Kosheleva and Obmochaeva to beat them, but I don't see this happen...

I don't know if this would help them out. Whatever they do, Kazan seems the best and will probably won again. I'm only sure, they can't play like today. Kazan read their attack properly and was poised to stop them. I think the attack is the first element for russians and a great hitting efficiency can boost their play like anywhere. That's why I think they should try another setter for next match, even though they'll probably lose anyway.

At London, Brazil was totally under control first and second set. Their hitters weren't able to score like they use to do and nothing was working on the russians side. The thing Alekno changed with Musersky at opposite and Mikhaylov at outside hitter throughout third game was their hitting efficiency and everything started to work properly then (service, block, digs, etc).

The few matches I saw Moscow playing last season, Akulova showed a better conection with the middles (at playoff 12 against Kazan 2012/2013, Morozova had 64% and Perepelkina 69% on attack. Today, Morozova had 30% and Krivets 22%). On the other hand, they had a better reception. I couldn't assess whether she will have the same success with this passing. Whatever it goes, it's worth a shot. First time I saw her playing was a year and months ago ( at Beijing Olympic Games) and I had a bad impression about her. Anyway, from what I watched last season, I think she did a good job. If she is in the same shape, she could be helpful.

• A report has been sent on RC Cannes's official Facebook page. The magnetic resonance imaging has confirmed that Maret Grothues is suffering from a total rupture of the left Achilles tendon. She will have surgery by tomorrow ... Unlucky Maret, I'm wondering how long she will be unavailable ...I guess it takes a long time to fully recover from that kind of injury :S

About half a year I think...so she's definitely done for this season :(

• Maret confirmed on twitter that she will have surgery tomorrow, and shared this article which says she is out for at least four months: http://www.tubantia.nl/sport/s…-zware-blessure-1.4176663 However, from what I know of these injuries, four months seems pretty optimistic... hopefully, it will be that quick, but it is more important that she takes proper time to fully heal and not try to rush recovery for NT.

• I think Master-manager Nalan Ural will be very happy tonight :P :D since Yimei Wang saved 3rd set for ECZ :teach:

I'm curious about Tayfun's thoughts about this :teach: :D

• Congrats EcV! i didnt expect a 3-0 win after Bjk defeat in the league.
    Neslihan and Yimei were on the court :cheesy: also new Brazilian middle who made an serve ace as soon as she entered the court.

i couldnt watch Coneglaino-Omiçka...seems classicial Russian team with bad reception...

• hopefully, it will be that quick, but it is more important that she takes proper time to fully heal and not try to rush recovery for NT.

Dutch NT needs her at the WCH :teach: :teach: If Maret will not be available, Maret should call to Piacenza, to persuade F.M. :P

• precoius diamond? :lol:

Our poor "Wangderella" becomes precious diamond? :rolll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 2 balls to Büşra in 3 sets :rolll: this must be a record for her.

You could ask: why did she decide to go on court :lol: :lol: :lol:

• i dont like eczacibasi game. dont know whats happen to eczacibasi setters. last year özge, this year hanke has been playing very badly. brezilian middle bloker looks like very sympathic person :) statistik paper dont tell us truth everytime because if i didnt watched to game i would think that senna played very well.second scorer after neslihan but she is not enough for big matches imo... finally wang played and safe ass of eczaci 3rd set :)

conegliano :drink: