2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Shame that ended up in that way, but what a match. Kubiak left me speechless tonight. Was the leader of this team. I thougt we had no chance without Lasko and Pajenk. I'm so happy with the way this team played tonight. Wow!

In Halkbank they have so many ups and downs that I don't know what to expect. Really.

• Thanks Yavor but VfB will advance to Playoff 12 if they beat Roeselare 3:0 or 3:1 and Belgorod take 3 pts in Maaseik

Friedrichshafen is losing 3:2. They already had matchpoints in third set :wall: . To make it even worse, Belgorod seems to do their job in Maaseik.

Whats the most interesting match at the moment? Lost the focus a little bid with all the matches going on

• Kubiak, what a game 8o :super: he was unstoppable :obey:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I don't think human reasoning can possibly encompass the folly of Friedrichshafen tonight. Great circumstances to take the last Playoffs 12 position. Noliko lost, ZAKSA made it easy for them, a comfortable 2-0 lead, even a 3-2 win would suffice. As I said earlier on today, there was a big IF hanging in the air and eventually they didn't make it. Hats down to Roeselare for the amazing group stage campaign, the team of the first round to me. Belogorie is a level or two above their group opponents. I don't want to diminish what they did, but it'll only get harder for them.

Let's also spend a minute mocking Lokomotiv Novosibirsk, for not only did they fail to beat Posojilnica, but couldn't make it to the CEV Cup due to the lost two points. I couldn't watch the game, did they play at all? Maybe they had no motivation, didn't want to compete in the CEV Cup, or something of the kind. Quite a disappointment for a defending champion.

ZAKSA's fiasco in Istanbul is another topic. Judging by the stats, it looks like Ahmed Abdelhay alone sent them out of Europe.

If I did the Math correctly, we should have Friedrichshafen, Paris Volley, Olympiakos and Tomis joining in for the CEV Cup Challenge Round.

• Jastrzębie, my love :heart: Kubiak was unbelievable, played with renewed shoulder injury and still like a monster released from a cage :obey:

• halkbank host team of f4, of course i will be there :)

BERLIN Recycling Volleys (GER) vs. Zenit KAZAN (RUS)
    Lube Banca Marche MACERATA (ITA) vs. Copra Elior PIACENZA (ITA)
    TOURS VB (FRA) vs. JASTRZEBSKI Wegiel (POL)
    Asseco Resovia RZESZOW (POL) vs. Knack ROESELARE (BEL)
    Noliko MAASEIK (BEL) vs. Diatec TRENTINO (ITA)
    Budvanska Rivijera BUDVA (MNE) vs. Belogorie BELGOROD (RUS)

• DenizBank with the major league sponsorhip deal, Halkbank with the organization of the Final Four - I have the feeling this decision has been made some time ago by CEVbank. It would even explain some things about Stoychev's squad's performance, but let's leave the conspiracy theories aside.

An interesting draw, as usual. Great chances for Resovia to make it to Ankara. A lucky draw for the Polish teams overall. A hell of a way for Macerata. Berlin and Zenit have their history, let's hope for the same amount of drama as last year.

• Guys, who watched Zenit - Macherata game last night? I've read in Russian press there was a big conflict between Sivozhelez and Zaytchev that almost ended in fist fight. What was that about and was it really that serious?

• Guys, who watched Zenit - Macherata game last night? I've read in Russian press there was a big conflict between Sivozhelez and Zaytchev that almost ended in fist fight. What was that about and was it really that serious?

Yeah it was! Sivozhelez as ever was provoking at the net the Macerata's players...
    Started in fourth set (http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/vi…rche-macerata/148894.html)

Silver Medal 2014 CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League - Women

Edited once, last by José ().

From what I saw, in the 4th set Sivozhelez got kill to put them up 23-21. He celebrated by punching the pole pad. He got a yellow. The next point the serve hit the tape, rolled over the net and fell for an ace. Zaytsev took exception to Sivozhelez making a motion basically telling him to suck his ****. Zaytsev went to the official upset. Sivozhelez laughed it off. The next play Zaytsev pounds a ball from the right pin. He turns away from the net and gives the same gesture. Zaystev went on to miss a serve on set point. Sivozhelez must have motioned or laughed because Zaytsev went storming to the net.

When they switched sides to start the fifth set the coaches even got into a bit of an argument. The whole fifth set Macerata imploded and Sivozhelez made an issue to direct his celebrations across the net: laughing, or even putting his hand to his ear as to say he couldn't hear them. I am not a huge fan of Zaytsev, but it would have been amazing to watch him put his fist through Sivozhelez's nose. The guy was surely asking for it.

• Thank you, guys. I saw Volkov's interview and he said something like - I don't know who started this conflict, but don't care, it distracted Zaytchev, so it was a good thing for us. Now I'm sure it was a team strategy, that could well be repeated in the future :down: :down: I'm not a fan of Zaytchev's in any sense, but Sivozhelez is just disgusting here. Suddenly Russia produces people like Spirik or Sivo who just can't breathe without provocations. :wall: Hate it!

• Muserskiy does not get distracted. He only gets more focused when he is angry :D

• Honestly, I was hoping that in a tie-break Zaytsev is gonna kill Sivhozelez by the fastest ball in history... Didn't happen so I hope Macerata will get through first round of play-offs to face Zenit again and that will give him next chance to do that. Another day, another match but Ivan won't forget and I wouldn't like to be in Sivo's skin. So. Bring it on :box:

• Honestly, I was hoping that in a tie-break Zaytsev is gonna kill Sivhozelez by the fastest ball in history... Didn't happen so I hope Macerata will get through first round of play-offs to face Zenit again and that will give him next chance to do that. Another day, another match but Ivan won't forget and I wouldn't like to be in Sivo's skin. So. Bring it on :box:

If they beat Berlin first :) The Germans will have their motivation just as well.

• Halkbank : The Bank of Thieves !!! :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: 4,5 million dollars found in box shoes in the house of chief of the bank.
    im in mixed feelings about supporting this team or not....i dont have any ill-will aginst their players...i think i wont care about a probable title !! :down: :down: :down: