2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• I don't believe any setter whom I've watched sending his spikers to 6 consecutive blocks by the opponent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vDrQD3woSo

• I don't believe any setter whom I've watched sending his spikers to 6 consecutive blocks by the opponent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vDrQD3woSo

Where do you count 6 consecutive blocks here? Thats a bit sensational!
    But lets have a look in the situations:

1. Not really clear, from what situation the ball had to be set, and if Travice sets that ball at all. Very poor layer by Zaytsev. But i put some
    blame on Travica`s bad covering here.
    2. OK, he could have used the middle here. If you want to, you can blame him..... i count this as the first block, caused by him
    3. Reception in the middle of the court on third meter, the backrow set is OK. Zaytsev is hitting OUT vs. a double block. No block here.....
    4. Technically this set is OK, but he should have taken the long distance set here. Zaytsev is getting blocked (Why not Block/out?).
    5. Third meter reception, the way the middle is running, it is dificult to use it. And now? Giving it a third time to Zaytsev? OH is physically inferiour and getting blocked.
    6. Bad set, to close to the net, Piano is blocked.

So we have 4 Blocks after travica`s sets, interrupted by a fault from Zaytsev.
    Who you blame, setter or attacker, of course is the eternal question between volleyball players. Being a setter myself i will always try to defend my colleagues.
    The points i wanted to make are:

• there haven't been 6 consecutive blocks
    • The blame on some blocks are not solely to be put on setter

And yes, i am bored tonight......... :lol:

• I am sorry, it's 6 blocks, not 6 consecutive but still the block waited well grouped for most of these attacks.

• I am sorry, it's 6 blocks, not 6 consecutive but still the block waited well grouped for most of these attacks.

Noooo..... :D
    Its just 5 blocks, and if you exclude the unclear first situation its even just 4, from which each 2 are consecutive. (i sound like the biggest smartass in the world, i know). Truly no setting masterclass here but "Travica sending his attackers to 6 consecutive blocks" imo doesn't tell the full truth.

Obviously we have different opinions on Travica's capacities. Lets agree to disagree and not spoil this thread any further :drink: .

• First set for Wegiel 27:25
    Rzeszow just don't have the balls for the important points :wall:

Great athmospere, very intense match. Come on Rzeszow, i want to see a golden set tonight :super:

• Finally....
    Rzeszow takes the second 25:23

Poor level of refereeing. Don't think one sides benefits more than the other, but there are realyy strange decisions....

• Rzeszow made many simple mistakes in decision set :aww:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Halkbank was very poor for the whole tournament. I hope JSW could make it to the final. They really deserve. And such a result would open to Kubiak the doors to the NT starting six.

• Overall, the numbers for both teams are quite identical.

But it is catching the eye that Masny much more used his middles than Drzyzga (34/13 attacks). Maybe thats a reason, why Rzeszows wing spikers miss some concentration for the decisive balls?!

stats: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=25739

• Congratulations to Jastrzebski, well deserved.
    The referee was a big disaster today, some balls are very clear :thumbdown:
    I liked Michal Masny, maybe he is short and he can't block but as setter i think he did a great job.
    If Jastrzebski is going to meet Halkbank in the Final 4, i think they can beat them, Halkbank is not that beast, but against a Russian team, Jastrzebski has no chance.

• I saw that Grzyb entered on court in 4th set. Was he backup OPP for Schoeps? :D He had 5/9 attempts in spikes

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Halkbank was very poor for the whole tournament. I hope JSW could make it to the final. They really deserve. And such a result would open to Kubiak the doors to the NT starting six.

JSW has a superb defense performance, what an outstanding coaching! However, it is unclear how they will feel against a team with powerful middle(s) like Belgorod. Also, their opponents were not serving very well thereby allowing Masny wow the public. They definitely do have decent chances... plus Belogorie is not in the final yet :).

• Tough luck for Resovia really. Their bad form and injuries came in the worst moment. They'd be a tougher match for Haklbank imho. Anyway, I think the final will be Zenit-Halkbank.

• If Jastrzebski is going to meet Halkbank in the Final 4, i think they can beat them, Halkbank is not that beast, but against a Russian team, Jastrzebski has no chance.

Seriously? Too early to say that. Give me Russian team, then we'll now. And sooner or later we'll meet one :box: