2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• congrats to Belogorie, they were clearly superior in this F4, but it doesn't mean that their victory was taken for granted. Halkbank played a good match, but the russians were stronger and they showed it in the fourth set! congrats to Tetyukhin, he's eternal! I liked Grozer and I discovered Ilinykh: I think he deserves a role in NT, he can be very useful (I think he's better than Spiridinov or Sivolzhelez!).
    I'm sorry for Kazyiski and Raphael: I really like them as palyers, and I hope to see them back soon in Italy!

• congrats to Belogorie, they were clearly superior in this F4, but it doesn't mean that their victory was taken for granted. Halkbank played a good match, but the russians were stronger and they showed it in the fourth set! congrats to Tetyukhin, he's eternal! I liked Grozer and I discovered Ilinykh: I think he deserves a role in NT, he can be very useful (I think he's better than Spiridinov or Sivolzhelez!).
    I'm sorry for Kazyiski and Raphael: I really like them as palyers, and I hope to see them back soon in Italy!

Actually Dmitriy Ilinykh already had a role in NT. Look on Wikipedia.

• what Imeant is that I think he deserves to be a starter: I think that he's way better than Spiridonov or Sivozhelez!

Don't forget Khtey is supposed to come back in NT after this hard season, almost missed because of a injury. He's the best russian wing spiker among the players who play for NT.

• Russia has so many good players and Dmitriy Ilinykh didn't surprise me with his good performance in final ^^ he did good job as a backup in Russian NT. Now Voronkov will have a wide variety of choice: Sivozhelez, Spiridonov, Ilinykh, Khtey and some others...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• It was a pretty good f4. Tetyukhin and Ilinykh were awesome. Kaziyski was great too. Halkbank deserved a tiebreak, too bad Juantorena wasn't at his best.
    Scarpetta, we should have arranged a beer meeting or smth :drink:

• It was a pretty good f4. Tetyukhin and Ilinykh were awesome. Kaziyski was great too. Halkbank deserved a tiebreak, too bad Juantorena wasn't at his best.
    Scarpetta, we should have arranged a beer meeting or smth :?: :?: :?: :drink:

• Can't believe I missed so much of going-on here especially that my team achieved sth really amazing :heart: I won't say, I was a bit mad at them they gave up so easily in semi-final but I knew they will come back with BANG! :rolleyes: Congrats, Belogorie :thumbup: Since I love Matey I supposed to support him and his club but some way I couldn't. I kinda didn't like the idea to move half of Trento to other place. No matter how many players - it's not Trento, that's all.

Would like to say anything more but to be totally honest I didn't watch the final, just couldn't. Hopefully I will watch some repeat, for sure it's worth it. MVP awards were surprising but since we had two guys from Jastrzębie I won't complain at all :P Oh, and I just have to defend Wojtaszek - he can be sometimes really crappy in reception, I admitt that, but he's closer to be like Ignaczak than Zatorski even ever imagined and dreamed to be. So many similar things about these two guys! Will be defending Wojtaszek as a lion always. It's simply unreal what he's capable of doing in defense. Maybe it wasn't his best tournament and I'm telling you he didn't show even 50% percent of his abilities BUT it was his first such serious final. Experience is still to gain and after Ankara he's richer in this one ;) Enough, 'cause few more words and I will start writing poems about Wojtaszek :D What more about guys - I trully apreciated what Łasko did so far for the team but honestly he's not showing his best for a very long. Hope he'll be back to fight for championship 'cause it's really soon... I will be boring talking about Kubiak again but the guy is crazy as his run for ball in WC 2011 and he's not like that just sometimes - he's walking craziness whole freakin' season :obey: And I would end on it ;) Just add that I kinda feel Masny did him even better than he was, I really do believe that :)

• Berlin`s Coach Mark Lebedew shares his thoughts on final 4 in his blog:

http://markleb1.wordpress.com/…ague-final-four-part-one/

Not a single word of Halkank and any of its players. Very unbiased opinion. :rolleyes:

• Russia has so many good players and Dmitriy Ilinykh didn't surprise me with his good performance in final ^^ he did good job as a backup in Russian NT. Now Voronkov will have a wide variety of choice: Sivozhelez, Spiridonov, Ilinykh, Khtey and some others...

I'm afraid we won see Khtey this summer, at least not in WL... I'm not sure but he played less than 12-15 matches this season..

• Not a single word of Halkank and any of its players. Very unbiased opinion. :rolleyes:

I'll say a couple of words instead.

Excellent impressions from their captain (forgot his name :)). Looks very fit and more confident than in Trento. Juantorena looked OK to me too, despite what has been said about him here. He has never been a good receiver and Tetyukhin was always using this and yes, Juantorena made several unforced errors from the start. But he almost always faced organized block (unlike Djuric who managed to f@ck up on the empty net). The libero did not impress as receiver and as a defender - a good player no doubts but not the top level.

The MBs looked average and the presence of Muserskiy on the other side of the net made them look poor, although Rafael was doing an excellent job. Djuric looked very shaky as an opposite. What looks OK statistically in fact was a very raw performance as clusters of points were just given to the opponent by his unforced errors. I need to say that he was super-lucky to play at home as the net violations and foot faults seem to be part of his style. Djuric would have been much more useful in the middle.

Stoychev looked very nervous with episodes of sheer insanity. His habit of jumping onto the pitch after every other point scored by Halkbank is very disturbing. He failed to build an equivalent of Trentino from a set of outstanding players (with the outstanding amounts of $$ available) so the whole situation does not look particularly in his favor. I hope Stoychev will work on his issues very hard during the break and come back in a better mental shape next season, which he definitely can.

Halkbank is a very good team, make no mistake here, but I think they don't match the high expectations. As it is, Halkbank is a set of mercenaries rather than a team, although things may change if the funding continues.

• Juric played with injury so I think his contribution should be valued by Halkbank. Juantorena was also not in top shape so Kaziyski had to take a lot of reception in the final which got him out of spiking, but he did good in both phases. Unfortunately Halkbank couldn't oppose the MB's of Russia like you said, Batur made two crucial mistakes at the end of the fourth set, but it is understandable - first final at home.

P.S. Kaziyski and Juantorena are the two top servers in the world. The first served with 132km/h, the second can serve forever on high power without a mistake. I wonder where is that gone? Why are they not a treat like Muserskiy and Tetyukhin anymore?

• In fact , final was Kaziyski's only great game with Halkbank uniform. He was very poor for his standarts in Turkish league. But since he is a winner, he knows when to perform. After final-four, he becomes a fan favourite. Everyone wants him in their team :P
    Considering how Raphael's and especially Juantorena's every interview was based on greatness of Italian league and their desire to return , after Juantorena's extremely poor final performance ( Tetyukin made mockery of him with his service. Statisticians were very kind to him in match stats .He made at least 8-9 mistakes ,not 4!), there is anger against him in Turkey. General opinion is he can go where he wants right now :lol:
    Juantorena is facing the results of his Kazan /Trentino choise. As I said before Juantorena's reception is going worse year by year, that is why he needs a different coach to tell him his mistakes.Stoychev is giving him star treatment and it doesn't help. Watching majority of Halkbank's matches live,I can say players don't seem to listen Stoychev.
    Their(Trentino/Halkbank) reception was alarming in the last 3 years, no suprise they were eliminated in Champions league by strong serving teams, Stoychev still had no idea how to fix it.

Libero Nuri was very good.
    Emre is a good spiker and server but like majority of other Turkish MBs he is a poor blocker. He is also short for MB standarts.
    Travica outplayed Raphael :lol:

As for Kazan, I was expecting much better performance from Grbic and Mikaylov. Anderson again failed in important matches.
    It is getting annoying to watch Russians winning everything. I hope someone will stop them. ;)

• As for Kazan, I was expecting much better performance from Grbic and Mikaylov. Anderson again failed in important matches.

Anderson was the only player who stand out against Belegorie so i don't think that he really failed considering Sivohelez-Apalikov-Volkov trio's terrible performances.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Trentino had much better reception than Wegiel in the semifinal. Probably you are underestimating the power of Belgorod serving. Name a team, who can receive them well.