Alassio Cup 2013

• Caracuta is not so bad as many of you think...she may not be one of the best setters worldwide, but she is ok and definitely better than Signorile.

I don't like both of them. I'd call Ferretti and Camera as her back up, but the thing is Mencarelli doesn't want to do it.

• Neslihan Demir will not play in Alassio Cup

Turkey NT roster for Alassio Cup should be like this;
    S: Naz Aydemir, Özge Çemberci
    OPP: Seda Tokatlıoğlu, Polen Uslupehlivan
    OH: Neriman Özsoy, Gözde Kırdar Sonsırma, Esra Gümüş Kırıcı, Güldeniz Önal
    MB: Büşra Cansu, Ergül Avcı, Bahar Toksoy
    L: Gülden Kayalar Kuzubaşıoğlu, Gizem Karadayı

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Caracuta is OK, but I think Signorile is a lot better, I liked her game in Montreux...

Maybe you liked her because you're used to see Mollers, right? :lol: Just kidding..
    Well Signorile is not a scissorhands setter, but still I found her game in Montreaux quite boring.
    She is good compared to Russian setters, but far away from the top setters level of play.
    Italy NT needs and deserves someone else in that role, we are used to great setters like Benelli, Cacciatori, Lo Bianco, Ferretti, I can't imagine our future is in Camera or Signorile's hands :wacko: Mencarelli is doing a big mistake.

• Maybe you liked her because you're used to see Mollers, right? :lol: Just kidding..
    Well Signorile is not a scissorhands setter, but still I found her game in Montreaux quite boring.
    She is good compared to Russian setters, but far away from the top setters level of play.
    Italy NT needs and deserves someone else in that role, we are used to great setters like Benelli, Cacciatori, Lo Bianco, Ferretti, I can't imagine our future is in Camera or Signorile's hands :wacko: Mencarelli is doing a big mistake.

Seriously, when I watched Möllers in the first two matches of Montreux I thought "if anyone who could play in Novara watches this, she definitely won't sign there now with Möllers as setter" :white:
    I agree that Signorile isn't doing anything "magic", but she does the basics very well and that's also important for a setter. You can't have someone like Lo Bianco every few years...
    About Ferretti, I don't know...technically she is very good, but I found her game in Piacenza veeeeery boring, she forgot about MBs in most of the matches :S With regards to the future, it might not be that wrong to build up Camera and Signorile as setters...

• I agree with you that Ferretti didn't use MBs so much in the last two years and I don't understand why since she is very good in that. Probably two years ago in Pesaro poor reception was the reason why she had to set balls only to wing spikers, but this year in Piacenza she should have used MBs more often... anyway, Ferretti showed in the previous years how good she is with middles, her game is so precise and quick(perfect for Lucia Bosetti and Brazilian players(Jaqueline was reborn after some disappointing seasons thanks to Ferretti)) that I have no doubts in considering her one of the top setters worldwide. Nothing in common with Signorile :thumbdown:

• I think Polen has to be a starting OPP, because she needs to gain experience and Seda, I mean I personally like her but she has nothing much to give to this team.. and when Neslihan will be back I guess she wont be in the 12 because Turkey already has a non receiving OH - Neriman and she is better than Seda..

• With regards to the future, it might not be that wrong to build up Camera and Signorile as setters...

Italy's future in setter position is Ofelia Malinov, the setter of current youth NT :super:

• Ohhhhhh, Turkey isn't joking! It's time to them win the championship without lose any sets. :lol:

• Italy's future in setter position is Ofelia Malinov, the setter of current youth NT :super:

Yeah well, but it's hard to make reliable predictions at this young age, especially because setters usually develop a bit later than attackers. Even if Malinov turns out to be a key player for Italy, her time would come after 2016...

• i dont know waht to expect from turkish nt at the moment...i think it will hard to play against a readier brazilian team which played just a tournament.we will see what they will play

I agree, Brazil showed very good performance in Montreux, and also Italy has added some experienced players to their team for this tournament. Without Eda, Turkey's middle game is not so strong, and it's their first tournament of the year...

• i dont know waht to expect from turkish nt at the moment...i think it will hard to play against a readier brazilian team which played just a tournament.we will see what they will play

Looking carefully at the roster, I guess Turkey has power to overcome all opponents. I believe that 5 or 6 players of starting-six will be Vakifbank players. Maybe only Cansu not. They played all this season together and very well. Perhaps a new coach would change something but I think there's no need to change too much. Montreux could be a good turn to Brazil but some of our new players never played at this way, I mean a more physical game. Pri Daroit, Monique and Tandara will have some troubles tomorrow IMO and this is very good for us. Montreux teams, aside Dominican Republic, were inexperienced. China and Russia showed a good level but couldn't keep on till the end. I don't think Turkey will have this problem. :win:

• Looking carefully at the roster, I guess Turkey has power to overcome all opponents. I believe that 5 or 6 players of starting-six will be Vakifbank players. Maybe only Cansu not. They played all this season together and very well. Perhaps a new coach would change something but I think there's no need to change too much. Montreux could be a good turn to Brazil but some of our new players never played at this way, I mean a more physical game. Pri Daroit, Monique and Tandara will have some troubles tomorrow IMO and this is very good for us. Montreux teams, aside Dominican Republic, were inexperienced. China and Russia showed a good level but couldn't keep on till the end. I don't think Turkey will have this problem. :win:

Neither was Neriman...;) but I generally agree with your opinion.
    Naz-Polen-Busra-Bahar-Gozde-Neriman-Gizem.