Retired players

• Polish Opp Katarzyna Konieczna will retire after this season. Today might be her last game.

• I think many players will retire after Olympics, from Larson, Ognjenovic, Eda, Thaisa and many more.

A lot of now legendary players will go :(

I think that Ognjenovic will not retire after Tokyo because European Championship will held in Serbia 2021 i think that this competition will be her last.

• Ma Yun-wen 马蕴雯 (MB, born in October 1986, Shanghai VC, former NT members) was officially retired on 31 May 2019. She joined the Shanghai VC at the age of 17 and entered the national team at the age of 19. Injury forced her to the earlier retirement than her own wish. In the 2017 National Games, she played for Shanghai team, lost to Jiangsu in the final. In the league finals of 2017-2018, Shanghai VC lost to Tianjin VC. The Shanghai Municipal Sports Bureau held the "Retirement Ceremony of Shanghai Excellent Athletes in 2019" on the afternoon of 2019.05.31.

Earlier on April 1st, 2019 Ma Yun-wen wrote on her Weibo: "Bye, my lake view room". Obviously, she meant to say goodbye to the Shanghai Women's Volleyball Training Base. Then her club immediately interacted with Ma. They wrote on the official Weibo: "Hug of love, you have to be good!" The club’s “one sing and one peace” indicated that the club has approved her application for retirement.

The beautiful picture of Ma Yun-wen 马蕴雯

Hug of love :rose: All the best!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Francesca Piccinini has officially announced her retirement from volleyball.

The interview with the announcement will be broadcasted tomorrow afternoon during the Italian TV program "Verissimo" (Channel 5).

Some extracts have already been anticipated:

"I have lived a dream for many years, but now I have to say goodbye to this amazing chapter of my life, it's time for me to start a new one.

It's a very hard decision, but I am 40 years old and I will quit as a winner, as I've just won my 7th Champions League a few months ago.

We will see what the future will bring me. I don't think I want to become a coach, even if I would love to work with young girls. I'd like to make a family and have children, but it's not easy to find the right person.

I want to thank this amazing sport (volleyball) for helping me become the woman I am today."

https://www.gazzetta.it/Volley…iglio-3402647482141.shtml

Also CEV says thanks to this amazing volleyball legend with a video tribute:

https://www.eurovolley.tv/en-int/playerpage/77132

• Of course Piccinini had to go in a gossip tv show in order to say she's done with volleyball :whistle: The interviewer pretended to be shocked like she didn't know Piccinini was going to announce her retirement :lol:

If someone else outside the volleyball world in Italy talks about this sport, it's just because of her and Cacciatori. We can just say thank you.

• Paula Pequeno (OH) and Mari Steinbrecher (OH/OPP) retired from volleyball to play beach volleyball as a duo.

Paula is 37 years old and a two-time Olympic champion and MVP of the 2008 Olympics and the 2005 Grand Prix.

Mari is 36 years old and a one-time Olympic champion and MVP of the 2008 Grand Prix.

• Paula Pequeno (OH) and Mari Steinbrecher (OH/OPP) retired from volleyball to play beach volleyball as a duo.

Paula is 37 years old and a two-time Olympic champion and MVP of the 2008 Olympics and the 2005 Grand Prix.

Mari is 36 years old and a one-time Olympic champion and MVP of the 2008 Grand Prix.

The best OH-duo of all time <3

Good luck for them

• Hi, guys! Fabio Menta, an Italian coach based in my country, has just announced that Irina Kirillova has agreed to play for Novara-B. She's coming out of retirement. Can anyone confirm this? I can't find any news about it. I'm curious to see her an action once again.

• Apparently Nicole Fawcett retired. However, there is no direct confirmation from her.

• She confirmed with the fan club. She's going to help coach at the Ohio state university women’s volleyball team

Is there a link for that?

• Nicole was snubbed by Karch twice in 2012 and 2016. She may not be considered a top opp but definitely a reliable one during her peak years. She was a perfect sub for top teams and easily a starter for 2nd tier teams.

She knew that her time is up.