Retired players

• didnt see that match but I still remember horrible Arredondo as libero in that WGP

• From the German Bundesliga, the setter Mareike Hindriksen has ended her career. She was most recently active by the Ladies in Black in Aachen and failed with them in the play-offs at their ex-club, the Dresdner SC. During her time in Dresden she was able to win the DVV Cup and the German championship, among others. After her current career has ended, she will be Guillermo Gallardo's assistant coach at the Ladies in Black for the new season. So she stays with volleyball.

• Lenka Dürr officially retired from volleyball:( She always was a very stable libero on court! She will be missed!:flower:

• I love her

she was the last that remain of german golden generation

Miss all of them

• Taismary Agüero, 44 years old, retires as a volleyball player.

She was still playing in Montale (A2). Next season she will stay in Montale (B1) as team manager.

• It has already been written in the Bundesliga thread, but I would post it here again. Dora Grozer, the daughter of Georg Grozer senior and the younger sister of Georg Grozer junior, ended her career after the runner-up with Allianz MTV Stuttgart.

Claudia Steger also ended her career after twelve seasons at VfB Suhl. She has played a total of 298 competitive games for Suhl. Before her engagement in Suhl, she had already played one season with the Fighting Kangaroos Chemnitz in the Bundesliga.

• Kim Hills agency

I'm sad we won't see her on the volleyball court anymore;( Not only a great volleyball player, but also a lovely personality! Excellent example of an all-round player, that was awarded with winning the biggest prizes a volleyball player can earn:obey: She will always be one of my favourite players:heart:

• I'm sad we won't see her on the volleyball court anymore;( Not only a great volleyball player, but also a lovely personality! Excellent example of an all-round player, that was awarded with winning the biggest prizes a volleyball player can earn:obey: She will always be one of my favourite players:heart:

Hill is one of the rare players who won highest medals in both NT and Club level (similar to Zhu's career) even Boskoviç and Egonu doesn't have the achievements Hill had. What a career! Retirement at such a young age is sad

• Kim Hill will be missed. Much more in a modern vball era where all around players are "endemic" species. I think she is one of the few players who has won almost all the possible vball tournaments (nt and club level). Maybe the only title she is missing is the World Cup. But, she has a silver and bronze medal there.

In the other hand, Zhu is only missing the World Championship title. But she has a silver and bronze medal there, so they are tied ^^

• Larson and Foluke will probably be next

Larson: 1x OG Gold, Silver, Bronze; 1x WCH Gold; 2x WC Silver, 1x Bronze; 4x WGP Gold; 3x VNL Gold; 2x Champions League, 2x Club WCH, 1x CEV Cup, 4x Russian League, 1x NCAA

Foluke: 1x OG Gold, Silver, Bronze; 1x WCH Gold; 2x WC Silver, 1x Bronze; 4x WGP Gold; 2x VNL Gold; 2x Japanese League; 2x Swiss League; 1 Champions League Silver, 1 Club WCH Silver

:heart: (I could see both doing AU though... so im not sure that counts)

• Sorry for going on with the offtopic, but maybe the other players who could be next to Zhu and these three US legends are the Cubans. Aguero and Yumilka Ruiz also won it all. Maybe not the WCCH, cuz I think there was a long hiatus from the early 90s until 2010.