Retired players

• Liu Xiaotong officially announced her retirement as well.

She might not be a main player on the NT, but her experience was crucial especially at the Rio Olympics in the quarterfinals against Brazil. She also played the role of captain leading young players in tournaments China decided not to send their main lineup. Unfortunately like other Chinese players injuries ended up affecting her towards the later part of her career and her performance this past summer wasn't up to par. Rumor has it she is expected to join the coaching staff of her Beijing club in the future.

Wish Liu Xiaotong the best! <3

• Liu Xiaotong officially announced her retirement as well.

She might not be a main player on the NT, but her experience was crucial especially at the Rio Olympics in the quarterfinals against Brazil. She also played the role of captain leading young players in tournaments China decided not to send their main lineup. Unfortunately like other Chinese players injuries ended up affecting her towards the later part of her career and her performance this past summer wasn't up to par. Rumor has it she is expected to join the coaching staff of her Beijing club in the future.

Wish Liu Xiaotong the best! <3

Yep, listed as the first assistant coach.

• I have no idea where to put this... but former NCAA volleyball player (Air Force) Nichole Stilwell-Ayers was selected as one of NASA's new astronauts (12,000 applied). She has degrees in mathematics, Russian, and computational mathematics with a focus on incompressible fluid flow (whatever that means lol) I thought it was cool lol

091121-F-8127S-002.JPG

astronaut_candidate_nichole_ayers.jpg

• Also, here's a feature on Nicole Fawcett. She's an assistant coach in the NCAA now

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C…m_source=ig_web_copy_link

I love it when top players turn into a coach, that should be a great experience to learn from a top player. I wish some of Turkish legends like Neslihan Demir, Aysun Özbek, Gözde Kırdar, Esra Gümüş and Gülden Kayalar would try to be coaches. Unfortunately being a good playerdoesn't necessarily translate into being a good coach. Most retired players try to be a TV speaker, which sometimes turns into a disaster (Özlem Özcelik) :lol:

• I love it when top players turn into a coach, that should be a great experience to learn from a top player. I wish some of Turkish legends like Neslihan Demir, Aysun Özbek, Gözde Kırdar, Esra Gümüş and Gülden Kayalar would try to be coaches. Unfortunately being a good playerdoesn't necessarily translate into being a good coach. Most retired players try to be a TV speaker, which sometimes turns into a disaster (Özlem Özcelik) :lol:

Do you know what happend with Duygu Bal? Did she have any career after Survivor?

• I love it when top players turn into a coach, that should be a great experience to learn from a top player. I wish some of Turkish legends like Neslihan Demir, Aysun Özbek, Gözde Kırdar, Esra Gümüş and Gülden Kayalar would try to be coaches. Unfortunately being a good playerdoesn't necessarily translate into being a good coach. Most retired players try to be a TV speaker, which sometimes turns into a disaster (Özlem Özcelik) :lol:

Definitely a cultural difference. There are so many more female coaches here in the USA than really anywhere else. The NCAA is the best opportunity a coach can get into imo. We're seeing more and more female coaches here than ever before.. the sport needs it.

• Do you know what happend with Duygu Bal? Did she have any career after Survivor?

She had a lot of plastic surgeries and showed up in a few small roles in terrible turkish movies :lol:

https://www.milliyet.com.tr/sk…i-hali-sasirtti-6446120/1

• Do you know what happend with Duygu Bal? Did she have any career after Survivor?

She calls herself a model which is an obsolete career here in Turkey. We all know how models make money in Turkey, if you know what I mean. There were tabloids where she was rumored to have a fling with a famous mafia which support my initial inference.

• Thanks serdar and Umu11

Based on your responses, we can make a quick comparison :D

Expectations

I wish some of Turkish legends like Neslihan Demir, Aysun Özbek, Gözde Kırdar, Esra Gümüş and Gülden Kayalar would try to be coaches. :lol:

Reality

She calls herself a model which is an obsolete career here in Turkey. We all know how models make money in Turkey, if you know what I mean. There were tabloids where she was rumored to have a fling with a famous mafia which support my initial inference.

• With all fairness, she is not anything close to be a legend, at her best she was at a similar level to Bahar which doesn't mean much😂

• I don't know how Yan Ni was able to go through all that pain and still become the legendary middle blocker she was. ;(

"The right shoulder surgery lasted six and a half hours, and the operation was very successful. The upper and lower labrum tears, the biceps tear, the supraspinatus muscle, the back of the suprasinatus muscle, the rotator cuff, and the subscapularis tear were repaird. Eight nails have been fixed. I would like to report peace to everyone, and hope that everyone can stay away from the pain in life!"

4f25-3ac35d02a3c7ef21174a782d5a2c6524.png

• I don't know how Yan Ni was able to go through all that pain and still become the legendary middle blocker she was. ;(

"The right shoulder surgery lasted six and a half hours, and the operation was very successful. The upper and lower labrum tears, the biceps tear, the supraspinatus muscle, the back of the suprasinatus muscle, the rotator cuff, and the subscapularis tear were repaird. Eight nails have been fixed. I would like to report peace to everyone, and hope that everyone can stay away from the pain in life!"

4f25-3ac35d02a3c7ef21174a782d5a2c6524.png

that's awful