2013 Pan American Cup

• Quarterfinals:
    Brazil - Canada
    Cuba - Argentina

Semifinalists are USA and Dominican Republic, these teams (qualified to QF & SF) will play in Grand Prix 2014.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 2012 Panamerican Cup qualified to World Grand Prix 2013 6 teams. This edition should do the same. :win:

USA, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Cuba, Argentina and Puerto Rico will play World Grand Prix 2014. :teach:

• 2012 Panamerican Cup qualified to World Grand Prix 2013 6 teams. This edition should do the same. :win:

USA, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Cuba, Argentina and Puerto Rico will play World Grand Prix 2014. :teach:

So in case of WC for Bazil, 7th team will also qualify? It should be Peru or Puerto Rico most likely.

• Samantha just finished her first year at USC. She's 94 And here in Mexico is the most promising player we have. She's a monster attacking and serving. Her reception and defense had been getting better since she is studying in the USC. She was named the freshman of the year in the NCAA league. :teach:

At 2011 Pan American Games I remember watching an amazing beach volleyball player from Mexico. She's tall and a left-hand spiker. She and her pair almost defeated Brazil during playoffs. Do you know her? Is she still playing beach volleyball? I never watched her again.

I think if Brazil is qualified due to some contract, it is the same way like Poland or Japan. FIVB has a deal with Polsat and Japan with their tv, so maybe CBV has something similar ;)

Thanks, estranged! :win: It's always wonderful to see these teams playing anyway. I expect to see polish main players here for Grand Prix. Do you know something about that? Any roster or training camp till now? I'll go bonkers if I have to wait any longer.

• Samantha just finished her first year at USC. She's 94 And here in Mexico is the most promising player we have. She's a monster attacking and serving. Her reception and defense had been getting better since she is studying in the USC. She was named the freshman of the year in the NCAA league. :teach:

At 2011 Pan American Games I remember watching an amazing beach volleyball player from Mexico. She's tall and a left-hand spiker. She and her pair almost defeated Brazil during playoffs. Do you know her? Is she still playing beach volleyball? I never watched her again.

Yes, she's Bibiana Candelas.She studied at USC too and was named ALL AMERICAN, she used to play as MB for the NT but, she realized that she will never be succesfull in volleyball, so she changed to beach volleyball. She was a huge monster as MB, I don't know why she didn't play in Italy or in an international league. But in 2012 her partner, Mayra Garcia decided to stop her volleyball carreer and now Bibiana is playing with Martha Revueltas, but she's not so talented as Mayra Garcia. I really dont expect them to be in Rio 2016 or in a Grand Slam.

And yes, in that game of the Panamerican games, she was playing so good. I was crying in the tie break haha. :lol:
    But returning to Samantha Bricio, she has everything to become an international star. Hope the best for her, :dance4:

• Honestly I don't know. I made a mistake before: I wrote Puerto Rico is in QF, but it is not. Canada is in QF and qualified for WGP 2014.

Only USA and Dominican Republic have garanteed a ticket to WGP2014.
    The rest of the teams including Cuba, Canada, Argentina are still contenders.Nothing is taken for granted for them.

• Only USA and Dominican Republic have garanteed a ticket to WGP2014.
    The rest of the teams including Cuba, Canada, Argentina are still contenders.Nothing is taken for granted for them.

You're right, I was too hurry. Looking into formula Peru, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Costa Rica are still in game - they can advance to semifinals 5th-8th, while quarterfinals' losers can be even lower than 6th.

• Thanks, estranged! :win: It's always wonderful to see these teams playing anyway. I expect to see polish main players here for Grand Prix. Do you know something about that? Any roster or training camp till now? I'll go bonkers if I have to wait any longer.

I'll try to keep this OT short, heheh.

I'd kill for WGP' roster too :lol: As funny as it may sound, since the beginning of the camp we practically know nothing about what is going on. Noone really knows who is training in Belchatow, how's girls health and so on. The only thing that's sure is that Werblinska will have a surgery and may miss most or even the whole NT season. We're sending the young team to Yeltsin and the main one will be training in Poland. In about a month we will have some friendly matches, but we still don't know with whom. That WGP group in Brazil is just :obey: :obey: :obey: I would like sooo much to be there, see this live, make some interviews and so on, but...life's a bitch sometimes ;)

I'm trying to send some spies to the camp, but that's not an easy task :call:

• You're right, I was too hurry. Looking into formula Peru, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Costa Rica are still in game - they can advance to semifinals 5th-8th, while quarterfinals' losers can be even lower than 6th.

Yes, I feel sorry for Canada right now..with this formula...I mea, they played very well first round, almost beated Cuba, beated Peru..and still they might be away from WGP? :aww:

why the tournamnet don't put who looses both quarter final games playing against each other? I know it is to give more chances for those who lost before, but is that really necessary? (seems more a way to not make any of the favorites miss a spot). :thumbdown:

Still...I hope Canada can qualify, It would be good for NORCECA to fresh up a little bit.

• Yes, I feel sorry for Canada right now..with this formula...I mea, they played very well first round, almost beated Cuba, beated Peru..and still they might be away from WGP? :aww:

why the tournamnet don't put qho looses both quarter final games playing against each other? I know it is to give more chances for those who loose before, but is that really necessary? (seems more a way to not make any of the favorites loose a spot). :thumbdown:

Still...I hope Canada can qualify, It would be good for NORCECA to fresh up a little bit.

I don't understand you. This is not a wishes :P It's unfair to give ticket someone, because they played quite-well in group stage.If they really deserve, they get a ticket. They have to win only one of the two matches: 1. with Brazil or 2. (if they lose 1st match) with Peru/Mexico/Puerto (Costa Rica is too low). Puerto Rico have harder group - give ticket them, they almost won with Richards, Hodge, Glass, Fawcett and Gibbemeyer :thumbup:

But I think, formula from previous year was much better... :whistle:

• I don't understand you. This is not a wishes :P It's unfair to give ticket someone, because they played quite-well in group stage.If they really deserve, they get a ticket. They have to win only one of the two matches: 1. with Brazil or 2. (if they lose 1st match) with Peru/Mexico/Puerto (Costa Rica is too low). Puerto Rico have harder group - give ticket them, they almost won with Richards, Hodge, Glass, Fawcett and Gibbemeyer :thumbup:

But I think, formula from previous year was much better... :whistle:

I know If they really deserve they will get it...but I dont know...I just feel they did their part already... I don't think Porto Rico had that harder group..of course. USA team is no question....but they could have won Argentina..It is not that it was to much impossible for them to pass quarter finals than Canada.

But we will see what happens..I guess Im just previously frustrated for them, my fault ;) ..hehehehehe I just hope they can make it...it is a supporter felling, that is all. :P

• Canada and Argentina will have to prove if they are the best by defeating other teams.
    This formula it's been like this many years ago... no time to regret. The last year Peru lost their ticket to WGP due to this formula.

:down:

• I'll try to keep this OT short, heheh.

I'd kill for WGP' roster too :lol: As funny as it may sound, since the beginning of the camp we practically know nothing about what is going on. Noone really knows who is training in Belchatow, how's girls health and so on. The only thing that's sure is that Werblinska will have a surgery and may miss most or even the whole NT season. We're sending the young team to Yeltsin and the main one will be training in Poland. In about a month we will have some friendly matches, but we still don't know with whom. That WGP group in Brazil is just :obey: :obey: :obey: I would like sooo much to be there, see this live, make some interviews and so on, but...life's a bitch sometimes ;)

I'm trying to send some spies to the camp, but that's not an easy task :call:

Thanks for the off-topic! :lol: Don't worry. As a matter of fact, everybody has been OT here once or twice.
    Is Werblinska really out? Oh, I'm lost for words! :( It would be great to see her. I like to watch her playing big time. I think she's better than usually people give her credit for.
    Aside all mistery, nice to know that Poland is already getting into gear. Let's hope for the best!
    About Brazil's pool, the same goes for me. Poland, Russia and USA are a gift to brazilian supporters. :dance6:

• Thanks for the off-topic! :lol: Don't worry. As a matter of fact, everybody has been OT here once or twice.
    Is Werblinska really out? Oh, I'm lost for words! :( It would be great to see her. I like to watch her playing big time. I think she's better than usually people give her credit for.
    Aside all mistery, nice to know that Poland is already getting into gear. Let's hope for the best!
    About Brazil's pool, the same goes for me. Poland, Russia and USA are a gift to brazilian supporters. :dance6:

Nah, I'm not worried. Over the years I've read to many off-tops here to get worried about anything :lol:

About Werblinska. It's still uncertain when (of if) she'll join the team, it all depends on her health (she has problems with her knee. I think it was bothering her all season, cause after the matches I saw her getting some special treatment on it). It's still a long way to WGP, so maybe she'll be ready. We all know, she's that kind of player that doesn't need a lot of training to be on the top form.
    You know, since that WGP 2010 she hasn't been the same player anymore. After that season she got injured and after one injury, she got another one and it kind of looks like she just can't stay healthy for a longer period of time. Also on the court she's not the same. She always had this attitude you know? Don't-mess-with-me kind of thing. But for the last two seasons she's been a lot calmer and quieter. I never was a big fan of her as a person, but I miss the fire she had. Maybe it's about getting 'older', maybe it's something else, but the truth is - she's a bit different player now. I wish she was ok. This team needs her as air. Yes, you can stop breathing for a moment or two, but in the long term, you just won't survive that.

Aaaand now back to the topic.. :D

I hope Brazil will defeat Canada, cause I want to see USA - Brazil semifinal. Though they're not the main teams, it's still that rivarly and it's always nice to see these two teams play against each other.

• When I was watching Muszyna's matches this season, I had a feeling that she doesn't give damn what her coach says. Yes... maybe Serwinski isn't that wisdom well :roll:, but she didn't even look at him. She seemed to avoid talking with her.

I hope Brazil X USA too. It's very interesting. Brazil and USA's rivalry is totally different of any others we have. Brazil and Cuba's is, you know, what we can say 'Daimy Ramirez X Sollys/Osasco matches'. :lol: Some people dislike it and think that is unprofessional, but to me is so funny. :rolll: I enjoy a lot to watch Ramirez playing Sollys beacuse I laugh my head off. She's that kind a player who can ginger some matches up, you know, just liven up. :dance6: She's a passionate player from head to foot and just don't weigh her words. When Daimy said that she wants to play here again I was very happy, but unhappiness it won't happen. I think Ramirez is the greatest representative of Brazil and Cuba rivalry.

Our rivalry against Russia is distinct. Players don't seem to like each other very much and It's hard to imagine russian players playing here. Brazil X Russia at the Olympic Games was tense. I never saw russian players with such tension expressed in their faces.

Brazil X USA is different. There's rivalry in the air, but players respect each other very much. It's what we can say 'a diplomatic game'. Lots of times I saw american players male and female praising brazilian volleyball or vice versa. I like USA team too.

• Argentina won 3-0 (26-24 25-22 25-23) with Cuba, advanced to semifinals and Grand Prix. Fresco with 24 points made difference :)
    Puerto Rico smashed Costa Rcia 25-5 in first set.