Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• Busto Arsizio has some trouble too. One of their sponsors cut the budjet for next season, that's why they start investing again just on young players. They are gonna keep just Marcon and Leonardi. Right now Piacenza and Conegliano are the only clubs with good money to invest, while Busto Arsizio, Bergamo and some others are just trying to spend as less as possible and most of all on young and less expensive players. LJ Modena is rumored to be a rich club, when LJ was Universal Modena sponsor they had not any money problem. Pesaro and Urbino are rumored to be in big troubles.

• Thanks for the good information. Well, Busto transfering young players from abroad is a good sign and the players are really talented...just fancy at Lonneke, Asia Wolosz, Anne Buijs and Ciara Michel (not really good though). It's an obviously sad fact that they don't have much money to buy famous names but at least they can give greattt chances to young players. I love Italian volleyball and if they get used to it, I'm sure they will make a surprise next season.

LJ being a rich club doesn't sound weird at all to me... Piccinini had a really tough time last season so it will be good for her to play in such a stable team.

• I have a question... has Pisani recovered.. I mean how is her recovery going...? And where will she play next season? She is a very good energetic MB I wanted to see her in senior NT but ;(

As far as I know, her surgery went well and will be able to play next season unless some worst things happen...

• Well, what should I say else? my heart is broken...

Is there any chance that Pesaro coming back in the future? like Modena...

• Here the lsit that made today the inscrition in A1:

• Futura Volley Busto Arsizio
    • River Volley Piacenza
    • Volley Bergamo
    • L.J Volley Modena
    • Imoco Volley Conegliano
    • Chieri Torino Volley Club
    • Robur Tiboni Volley Urbino
    • Volley 2002 Forlì
    • Agil Volley Novara
    • Pallavolo Ornavasso

Two teams from A2 requested Lega to also participate A1 next season:
    VBC Pallavolo Rosa Casalmaggiore
    IHF Volley Frosinone

Chieri and Urbino nooo :aww:

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…eggi.asp?tipo=2&ID=109385

• Sad that Pesaro didnt get the money to aply for A1. :( Did they closed the door for good? Or they will keep with volleyball project?

From what I'v read, I think they will try to keep a team in Pesaro, just in the lower league.

I'm so sad about all of this :( It's really unbelievable how great teams can disappear within a year or two.

• From what I'v read, I think they will try to keep a team in Pesaro, just in the lower league.

I'm so sad about all of this :( It's really unbelievable how great teams can disappear within a year or two.

It's all about the money, moreover we still have economical crisis. We see it especially in Italy, where many teams have problems after main sponsors stop giving money: Modena last year, now Urbino, Chieri and Pesaro. During season maybe next ones will withdraw due to money :S

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• IHF Frosinone, 4th ranked team in A2, will replace Pesaro next year in A1.

In the meanwhile, Urbino's president Sacchi(the one who wanted to sue Paola Croce..) is desperately trying to pay all debts of 2012/13 season in order to be admitted in A1 ... but there are people who still claim payments even for 2011/12 season like Ivana Djerisilo. She wrote on Urbino's fan facebook page: "I got only one payment for 2011-12 season". A member of the staff wrote the same, that he didn't get fully paid for his work 2 years ago.
    Another shitty shame is Torino which ranked 6th last year, but that 6th place was a real robbery since they achieved it without paying their players. According to some sources, after the fusion Torino and Giaveno together have an amount of DEBTS of several hundreds of thousands €...
    So I truly hope No more Urbino and Torino in Italian League! :down: