Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• During the semifinal the Rai commentator said Lucia Bosetti wants to play abroad next season ;( I hope it won't happen, it would be a big loss for Italian League.. but I can imagine there are teams in Turkey and Russia that need a great defensive OH and certainly will offer her a lot of money... :S

I really hope she won't leave too. in Italy right now only youngsters and old veterans are playing...all those expensive stars are playing either in Turkey or Azerbaijan, so the quality of the league is much lower than like 5 years ago. (No big surprise of course) But I still enjoy watching Italian league, we can discover talented young players and they get a chance to play starters. For example Bernadrda Brcic who's playing for Urbino has had a great season so far and i believe in some years she's going to be starter in Croatian NT. Also Jovana Stevanovic who's rocking in her first season overseas is worth to watch. I think her future is so bright but unfortunately in NT she has got Rasic, Krsmanovic and Veljkovic.

Modena's Rosseaux, Heyrman, Ruseva and Fabris are very fun to watch too. As I already mentioned their team is the best balanced team in the world right now. Hopefully Rosseaux learns a lot from Piccinini. Heyrman kinda reminds me of Robin de Kruijf in some aspects. No doubt about Fabris. She's already the best Croatian OPP and has been having a great season this year.

Bergamo are very fun too. I personally don't really Diouf's hitting style but obviously she's the best italian attacker right now and it seems like no one can really stop her. Blagojevic who's playing a very consistent volleyball is a great OH. Hopefully we can see her in Serbian NT this year.

The team that Gioli and Angeloni are playing (don't remember the team name) and Busto are a big disappointment after all. Busto have been so unlucky this year, if Lonneke had been healthy they would probably have gotten better results both in domestic league and CL. Ortolani needs to take much more time to get used to playing and their team balance also needs more time I guess.

I don't think many of you would agree with me but I still think Italian league is much more fun than any other european leagues especially Turkish one. I don't really follow the turkish domestic league these days. About russian league, I'm still waiting for some strong team that can beat Kazan ;)

• Turkish and Azeri (Russian) League have many stars, but only a few fans in the gym :win:

Italian and Polish League have no big stars, but many fans in the gym :win:

• Turkish and Azeri (Russian) League have many stars, but only a few fans in the gym :win:

Italian and Polish League have no big stars, but many fans in the gym :win:

I enjoy Italian league too! I wanted to say this few days ago.. although it does not have the best players in the world it certainly has gives us good matches.. I mean Modena, Bergamo, Piacenza, Conegliano and Busto are all good teams and their levels are not that far apart.. only maybe Piacenza but we've seen them lose too.. Also Italian league still has some starts.. I mean Picci, Bosetti, Cardullo, Meijners, Arighetti, Barazza, Gibby, Llloyd , Nikolova etc.. they are all very good and well known players world-wide.... I Turkey there are also 4 great teams the others are a few levels lower.. Of course those top 4 are better then these top 4 but I think the difference is not that big.. We've seen in CL how Conegliano performed, we've seen how Piacenza did... And as for Russia I don't find that league neither interesting nor full with stars.. I love some Russians like Obmochaeva and Morozova :flower: but I think the matches are not interesting

Talking about Lucia I would love to see her in Turkey! She is a real gem.. Players like her are not easy to find these taday so she should be playing in a top club both CL and a strong domestic league... She's bot only a great passer but she attacks very well so she'll be so useful for Galatasaray for ex.

• Will Piacenza try to bring freedom to Kim, recruiting her in Italy to make the next CL ?
    That's the only true question, iceman :rolll:

• first, Lucia has to win the World Championships with Picci, Nadia, Cardu and friends.
    After ... it's an other story as Kipling said.

• I enjoy Italian league too! I wanted to say this few days ago.. although it does not have the best players in the world it certainly has gives us good matches.. I mean Modena, Bergamo, Piacenza, Conegliano and Busto are all good teams and their levels are not that far apart.. only maybe Piacenza but we've seen them lose too.. Also Italian league still has some starts.. I mean Picci, Bosetti, Cardullo, Meijners, Arighetti, Barazza, Gibby, Llloyd , Nikolova etc.. they are all very good and well known players world-wide.... I Turkey there are also 4 great teams the others are a few levels lower.. Of course those top 4 are better then these top 4 but I think the difference is not that big.. We've seen in CL how Conegliano performed, we've seen how Piacenza did... And as for Russia I don't find that league neither interesting nor full with stars.. I love some Russians like Obmochaeva and Morozova :flower: but I think the matches are not interesting

Talking about Lucia I would love to see her in Turkey! She is a real gem.. Players like her are not easy to find these taday so she should be playing in a top club both CL and a strong domestic league... She's bot only a great passer but she attacks very well so she'll be so useful for Galatasaray for ex.

I enjoy Italian league too! I wanted to say this few days ago.. although it does not have the best players in the world it certainly has gives us good matches.. I mean Modena, Bergamo, Piacenza, Conegliano and Busto are all good teams and their levels are not that far apart.. only maybe Piacenza but we've seen them lose too.. Also Italian league still has some starts.. I mean Picci, Bosetti, Cardullo, Meijners, Arighetti, Barazza, Gibby, Llloyd , Nikolova etc.. they are all very good and well known players world-wide.... I Turkey there are also 4 great teams the others are a few levels lower.. Of course those top 4 are better then these top 4 but I think the difference is not that big.. We've seen in CL how Conegliano performed, we've seen how Piacenza did... And as for Russia I don't find that league neither interesting nor full with stars.. I love some Russians like Obmochaeva and Morozova :flower: but I think the matches are not interesting

I think that Italian league is still a good league..there are good teams that express a good game but most of all it is very fun and interesting: every team can lose or win against the other, while in Russia or in Turkey there super power teams and very low-level teams. of course it is not the same league as some years ago, but I think this is due to the economic crisis that here in Italy is quite strong. moreover some clubs weren't so honest in the past years, so I understand why athletes prefer to go abroad, where they are sure to be paid punctually.

• Kathleen Weiß isn't too happy in Bergamo at the moment. She says that since a lost match some weeks ago she is on bench and the coach hasn't talked to her at all about his reasons...

I was also surprised when I saw Smutha playing in stead of her, but Smutha has been playing quite well... though I have no clue what's wrong with her and the coach.

• I was also surprised when I saw Smutha playing in stead of her, but Smutha has been playing quite well... though I have no clue what's wrong with her and the coach.

Emil, it's Lucie Smutna, not Smutha :D what's funny, "smutny" or "smutna" means in polish sad :rolll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Emil, it's Lucie Smutna, not Smutha :D what's funny, "smutny" or "smutna" means in polish sad :rolll:

Sorry, all those slavic names really creep me out :D It would have been miles easier to remember if her name was Smutnavic though xD

• Talking about Lucia I would love to see her in Turkey! She is a real gem.. Players like her are not easy to find these taday so she should be playing in a top club both CL and a strong domestic league... She's bot only a great passer but she attacks very well so she'll be so useful for Galatasaray for ex.

I agree on that a lot. However GsD looks a bit cursed for defensive OHs, first Molnar and then Saori. Of course Lucia is much better than both but I'm a bit worried :white:
    A question: since Leo will be released from GsD, is there any italian teams interested in her?

• I think that Italian league is still a good league..there are good teams that express a good game but most of all it is very fun and interesting: every team can lose or win against the other, while in Russia or in Turkey there super power teams and very low-level teams. of course it is not the same league as some years ago, but I think this is due to the economic crisis that here in Italy is quite strong. moreover some clubs weren't so honest in the past years, so I understand why athletes prefer to go abroad, where they are sure to be paid punctually.

I also enjoy Italian League.
    IMO, now the most precious things of the league is "growing". Young talented came here, and grew up to be a star, there are so many examples!

Emil I think Modena is not the best balanced team but the most complementary team. Rosseaux's reception is not good, but Picci and Cardullo done very well on covering this weak point.
    And I totally agreed with you on other things you metioned

• OPENJOBMETIS ORNAVASSO – IGOR VOLLEY NOVARA 1-5 (25-21, 21-25, 21-25, 22-25, 17-25, 10-15)

Openjobmetis Ornavasso: Baciottini, Pisani 11, Ghilardi (L), Ikic 8, Tasca 5, Muresan 21, Montano 3, Signorile 1, Tom 16 :cheesy: , Gloder (L), Chirichella 4, Prsa ne. All. Bellano.

Igor Volley Novara: Casillo 9, Paris (L), Rosso 20, Tokarska 7, Kim 2, Lombardo 7, Milos 6, Vanzurova 19, Alberti (L), Mollers, Murphy 11. All. Pedullà.

http://agilvolley.com/igornovara.asp?id=3&idnews=307

• Thanks for the stats.. IMO Rosso has to get a chance in NT... she has proven she can score and she is a good passer of course so I see no reason not to see her in NT..
    Logan my Logan :rose: 16 points straight away.. I am searching for photos, if anyone find please post it here

• I am searching for photos, if anyone find please post it here

Will that do?

(courtesy of Monica Buzzoni Fotografie)

:heart:

And another one: http://www.logantom.info/fansi…-court-for-ornavasso.html