Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• I agree on the most guesses. Somehow it feels like Vakıfbank will easily dominate the Turkish league this season again. Fenerbahce had great transfers but most can't play in Turkish league. I think they won't give up on Fe Garay, Glass and Kim if she comes back. If Kim doesnt show up, I expect them to use their 3rd option as Bauer since Eda is still injured and other MB is bad. IMO they made all these transfers to get a wildcard but it didnt happen. I'm sure they will win CEV though.
    Eczacibasi doesn't have a big change either. Instead of Senna, they will start with Havelkova. Hanke is of course a good setter but Asuman and Özge were not the biggest problem for them last season. I would like to see Harmotto in their first 6. On the other hand in champions league, they might beat Vakıfbank this year.
    In Gala, I'm quite dissappointed that a foreign player is used in setter position. I love Leo but I don't think a player like Özge would take team really down. Whenever she fails, Gamze would be there anyway. However it's obvious that Saori is a much better player than Molnar. So again IMO, Gala has a great chance to beat Eczacibasi this year in Turkish league, however I dont see them in champions league F4. :wavy:

Vakıfbank is the one which has least change in its roster, Costagrande won't be less helpful if not much more. Especially via her contribution on reception, Gözde will be able to focus on her attack more instead of covering Glinka at reception :whistle:

About setter position in Eczacıbaşı, I totally disagree with you. Setter position was the ULTIMATE weakness in their roster, I claim that if Naz played in Eczacıbaşı instead of Vakıfbank last season, Eczacıbaşı would be the one who would become champion :box: On the other hand, having a foreigner in setter position is not necessarily be a disadvantage as long as they have a local opposite, which is a big plus comparing to other contenders.

For Fenerbahçe, I don't think they can keep Bauer as starter unless sign a good local OH next to Garay. I am really surprised local player transfer of FB and GS. FB has only Elif Başaran and GS has no one as far as I know :what:

• I don't understand why turkish clubs like Eczacıbaşı or Galatsaray signed 5 foreigners. Because of this few foreign players waste season, playing only in few matches. I understand Fenerbahçe because Kim's case is still unsolved and we don't know if she plays next season. The worst transfer from these is of course Rabadzhieva - why they signed her, having Montano, Saori and Neriman (better local player then foreigner) :what:

How can look line-ups for Turkish league:
    Fenerbahçe: 1) Glass - Havlickova - Seda - Garay - Eda - Gökçen -Derya (L) (I don't know which is better one as libero, but I heard that Derya is promising player ^^)
    2) Glass - Seda - Garay - Kim - Eda - Gökçen -Derya (L) - 1st set without Kim, 2nd with Kim, I prefer Glass than Nilay, even if Havlickova could be out - with trio Seda - Kim - Garay I'm not worried about spike power; Bauer for CL, maybe she'll get few chances in league
    Eczacıbaşı: Hanke - Neslihan - Havelkova* - Esra - Poljak - Busra - Gulden (L) - *Havelkova had surgery so she may miss first games, then Usic will replace her, Harmotto for CL, the same as Bauer in Fener
    Galatasaray: Lo Bianco - Montano - Neriman - Saori - Ergul - Asli - Nihan (L) - knowing Barbolini I won't be surprised if we see something like that, though I prefer:
    Gamze - Montano - Neriman - Saori - Veljkovic - Ergul/Asli - Nihan (L) - I want to see Stefana more, middle can play depends on their performance.
    Vakifbank: Naz - Brakocevic - Costagrande - Gözde - Fürst - Bahar - Gizem (L) - they don't have to change line-up for league, sometimes Nikolic will get a chance maybe instead of Brakocevic and then Polen can play ^^ Guidetti also can try Kubra instead of Christiane in some matches.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Ezgi Arslan

When did they renew with Ezgi? I remember that they loaned Ecem Alıcı to Çanakkale Belediyespor yet no news about Ezgi ?(

• It's tough to play Turkish league, Turkish cup and Champions league. Everyone thinks Turkish league is easy because its all about the big 4. However, playing constantly with the same starting 6 is exhausting. Remember that Fenerbahce had to play the finals only with Kim and Lindsey. Furthermore, Kim played a whole season despite her painful knee injury. Also other players like Calderon had to play the finals despite pain. Therefore, it makes sense to sign 5 foreign players. However it's up to the 4 Italians now. :teach:

• When did they renew with Ezgi? I remember that they loaned Ecem Alıcı to Çanakkale Belediyespor yet no news about Ezgi ?(

maybe they had a long contract I don't know really but I'm sure they'll keep Ezgi :win:

• maybe they had a long contract I don't know really but I'm sure they'll keep Ezgi :win:

I definitely agree. Ezgi did a good job last season when she played instead of Molnar and Selime. Since they sent both of these players, I expect Ezgi to stay with the team. As far as I know Galatasaray didn't stop transfer season so there is still a minor hope to see Özge in Gala next season.

I also agree that signing 5 foreign players is good. Especially in Gala, sometimes Neriman's reception gets really bad, so I guess Rabadzieva will come in to the game in champions league. And also, Neriman is still recovering from an injury. Maybe Rabadzieva will be a useful back-up for her.

Btw Stefana is so cute! :cheesy: I would rather prefer having a Turkish setter. So that Gala can have a better MB duo. Last season Leo had great troubles to block number of tall spikers that's why she and Simo were changing positions. I guess Özge is better in that sense since she is a bit taller ?(

• Galatasaray's second setter Gamze Alikaya is pretty good. Some GS man told that she will be the first setter of the team when Lo Bianco leaves and she'll be prepared for it in this season. If she can show some good play, she may play against top teams in the league so Veljkovic can play too.

• Gs also has Nursevil Aydınlar as setter who is 18 -yo and 190 cm tall.

Barbolini's new Rondon :rolll: He really can't give up tall setters :aww:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• IMHO Costagrande won't help a lot VakifBank. She's not even close to Glinka's level and she can't really spike high ball. Now VakifBank has got just Brakocevic to score on high ball situations. Godze is fast sets spiker, Costragrande too. Reception will be improved for sure, but I don't think Costagrande fix a lot on this team.

I have to say I see much more better Eczacibasi for next season. They have to find just a good coach, Micelli is a nightmare to me.

• IMHO Costagrande won't help a lot VakifBank. She's not even close to Glinka's level and she can't really spike high ball. Now VakifBank has got just Brakocevic to score on high ball situations. Godze is fast sets spiker, Costragrande too. Reception will be improved for sure, but I don't think Costagrande fix a lot on this team.

I have to say I see much more better Eczacibasi for next season. They have to find just a good coach, Micelli is a nightmare to me.

True. But with Guidetti, everything's possible :whistle: I'm already so excited for Harmotto-Poljak show!

With good reception line and a setter such as Naz, who likes to play fast sets, there is no need for another high spiker besides Brakoçeviç ;)

• Luckily Costagrande will have a good setter in Vakifbank who will allow her to score a lot and be herself, not like Italy NT setter Signorile who's just an average tall girl without talent and personality.
    Talented spikers need talented setters, that's all. I don't believe those who say that a good spiker must score whatever ball he/she gets from the setter...this is not true. Everybody needs to stay with his similars, so I can imagine how bad Costagrande is feeling in this new Italian NT context where the setters level is simply embarassing and not good enough for her. With Ferretti in Pesaro she was just unstoppable..............................

• Galatasaray: Lo Bianco - Montano - Neriman - Saori - Ergul - Asli - Nihan (L) - knowing Barbolini I won't be surprised if we see something like that, though I prefer:
    Gamze - Montano - Neriman - Saori - Veljkovic - Ergul/Asli - Nihan (L) - I want to see Stefana more, middle can play depends on their performance.

You forgot Rabadzieva on Gs's roster. :wavy:

• You forgot Rabadzieva on Gs's roster. :wavy:

Thanks for notice ^^, firstly I didn't mention her and I wrote it that it was the worst transfer here. But now she's doing quite good job in WGP and now I'm a bit confused. She can appear in CL and sometimes in league, but she will have a strong rivalry with Montano, Saori and Neriman for a place in line-up. Moreover we have a limit of 3 foreigners and then to Saori and Montano join Lo Bianco and Veljkovic. I suppose that Leo has rather sure place there (though she will be 34 years old in December) and probably we won't see Gamze much, so we have two rest foreigner places in league and four players left. Second rather sure for a place should be Montano, because she's strong spiker what she proved in Rabita and earlier beating score record in Korea (record was beaten by Fawcett and tied by De La Cruz). So there is a one place for Rabadzhieva, Saori and Veljkovic. In CL of course in line-up Lo Bianco, Montano and Veljkovic. Places for OHs will depend on current shape of Neriman, Saori and Dobriana. Barbolini will have a headache choosing line-up both for CL and league matches :read:

• Saori's attack percentage is not high even in the NT. Raba's reception looks good at WGP so maybe Raba can be a starter instead of Saori or is it too much for GS to start with Raba and Neriman on the court at the same time ? Poor Saori :whistling:

• Saori's attack percentage is not high even in the NT. Raba's reception looks good at WGP so maybe Raba can be a starter instead of Saori or is it too much for GS to start with Raba and Neriman on the court at the same time ? Poor Saori :whistling:

It depends on her adaptation to another style of play - in Vakifbank she didn't have many changes, I saw her many times only as back row sub for Glinka. Throughout last club season she got know turkish culture more, so maybe this time it'll be easier. Time will tell us who we will see with more play time. Of course reception line Nihan - Neriman - Rabadzhieva is always risky :lol: